Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 06:32 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,247,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
That said .................. naked Mom parts = ooougey.
No matter what. Period.

Now go put a shirt on!
Just weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
I only have one question... what do you do when the doorbell rings and you are in the buff?? I am mistrustful enough that it would make me nervous to answer the door (or have my teen daughter answer it) when I (or she) have just hastily thrown on a bathrobe before seeing who is knocking. For the folks who are regularly nude at home for extended periods of time... is it something your teenagers talk about with their school mates? Kids can be cruel and a deviation from the social "norm" can cause alot of teasing... is that an issue?
I don't care much about nudity or not. It just never came up as an issue or I did not notice since... as I said I don't care. But anyone who just shows up at my door gets what they deserve. Well except for the kids doing their fundraising thing or whatever. But damn, I wish I had thought of showing up nude when the Jehovah's witnesses come around.

Old 08-06-2018, 03:38 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,390,615 times
After his bath, oldest grandson (4 3/4) always takes off his towel, yells "Dance Party!!!" and boogies around the room naked.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:29 PM

10,368 posts, read 14,084,349 times
What a weird thread...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:02 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,842,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I am not saying its unacceptable, I am saying I would not want to live your life.
That is all well and good but you don't need to be so judgmental, rude and extremely narrow minded. It's your life, you live it the way you want to. Just like other's do. The fact you can't see someone being happy because they don't have the same opinion? Well, I feel sorry for you.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:41 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,669,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't care much about nudity or not. It just never came up as an issue or I did not notice since... as I said I don't care. But anyone who just shows up at my door gets what they deserve. Well except for the kids doing their fundraising thing or whatever. But damn, I wish I had thought of showing up nude when the Jehovah's witnesses come around.
Off topic, but can't resist saying it. I actually did that. Years ago, I was at home recovering from surgery when a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell (and woke me up). I was so irritated because I struggled down the stairs to answer the door just in case it was someone checking on my well being. I looked through the peephole, shrugged out of my robe and threw the door open. They got off of my porch fast!

Old 08-10-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Off topic, but can't resist saying it. I actually did that. Years ago, I was at home recovering from surgery when a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell (and woke me up). I was so irritated because I struggled down the stairs to answer the door just in case it was someone checking on my well being. I looked through the peephole, shrugged out of my robe and threw the door open. They got off of my porch fast!
You

Are

My

Hero!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,114,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Why - because my feelings are different from yours? It seem to me I said - what goes on in ones home is their choice. So I guess it's ok for me to accept your beliefs but you dont' have to accept mine?? And YOU feel sorry for ME? oookaaay.....

I get where you're coming from.

Me personally, my boys didn't see me naked. Call me hung up if anybody wants to. I don't care.

That said, when my boys were toddlers, they were OFTEN, in our HOME naked from the waist down. I was a stay at home mom at the time. Heck, it was just easier for them to make it to the bathroom on time, if they didn't have to pull pants and underwear down. It was just us. Who cares.

Soooo...I don't think it's 'weird' if a 5 yr. old wants to be nude in his/her own home. Heck, if it was just me, in my own house, I'd be naked a lot.

When I was a single girl, with my own apartment, I went around my apartment naked quite a bit. With the curtains closed of course. lol

Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 AM

10,368 posts, read 14,084,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I'm sure their reactions were priceless.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:42 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,762,781 times
I don't care what other people do in their houses.

In our house, the kids liked to be naked until they were maybe 3 or 4. I remember my daughter being that age and only wearing a dress (no underpants) most days. I also remember going trick or treating and suddenly realizing that she was wearing her knee-length princess dress with absolutely nothing underneath! Whoops! Also around that time, she was in the front of the church for the children's message when she suddenly lifted her dress over her head. The youth pastor quickly reacted to pull her dress back down, but all I could think of was my gratitude that she hadn't taken off her underpants that morning before church! They both outgrew it as modesty kicked in.

I don't walk around naked at home. I'll go from my bedroom to the laundry room in just underwear/bra or tshirt/underwear if necessary. My teenage daughter wouldn't care if she happened upon me in a state of undress, but my teenage son would be mortified.

Anyway, what difference does it make? Nobody strolls around at the shopping mall or goes bowling or rides on the subway naked. If adults or children walk around in their birthday suits at home, who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting