Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:59 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,993,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Did you read the article though? There was a bit more to it. And hanging out in one's boxers or flashing while undressing is a whole 'nother ball game. I don't care what anyone does in their own homes but apparently, choosing to live life mostly clothed is what is being frowned upon and judged by some posters.
I was responding more to the posts in the thread than the original article. Some people seem to think that it is of the utmost importance for kids to never be seen naked, EVER or they won't know right from wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,562,824 times
Ah...I didn't get that from any of the posts but it's entirely possible I was more focused on figuring out why I was being called, sad, not fun-loving and felt sorry for simply because in my home, we typically wear clothing. Although no one gets upset or uptight if one happens to be naked walking from the bedroom to the shower or changing clothes whilst having a conversation with another family member. That's really not a big deal in my family - but I personally don't want to see anyone lounging around on the recliner watching TV in their all-together. Not my cup of tea.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,993,515 times
Quote:
Ah...I didn't get that from any of the posts but it's entirely possible I was more focused on figuring out why I was being called, sad, not fun-loving and felt sorry for simply because in my home, we typically wear clothing. Although no one gets upset or uptight if one happens to be naked walking from the bedroom to the shower or changing clothes whilst having a conversation with another family member. That's really not a big deal in my family - but I personally don't want to see anyone lounging around on the recliner watching TV in their all-together. Not my cup of tea.
I don't want to see that either, but I don't think it really matters if other people live that way. It makes little to no difference to me if other people don't wear clothes in their home.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,562,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I don't want to see that either, but I don't think it really matters if other people live that way. It makes little to no difference to me if other people don't wear clothes in their home.
Me neither - which is why I said that about 15 times. I just don't get why if I don't care what someone else does in their home, why they seem to take such offense at what I do in mine....?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,239,016 times
Quote:
Me neither - which is why I said that about 15 times. I just don't get why if I don't care what someone else does in their home, why they seem to take such offense at what I do in mine....?

I see where you are coming from. I have been bashed MANY times and accused of thinking I was "above" other parents/people for saying just what you are saying on CDF.

I agree then with you Maciesmom. Just because you don't think it is ok to do something doesn't mean that you think your way is the highway.

I can relate

Old 07-17-2009, 12:31 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,716,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I stopped running around naked when it embarassed my kids. My kids stopped running around naked when it embarassed them. But we never ran around naked when guests were present.
Oh darn. Does this mean I can't have dinner guests over while I'm naked? I wish someone had told me that years ago!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:42 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,932,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh darn. Does this mean I can't have dinner guests over while I'm naked? I wish someone had told me that years ago!
Just be careful when you are cooking!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:30 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,959,148 times
Well, I have to agree with everything that maciesmom has said. It's fine for others, but it's not for my family. To each his own!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,172,971 times
I'm still hung up on the cleanliness issue.

We take our shoes off when we walk in the door. My husband & I change out of the pants we wear to work but my kids keep on their school clothes.. So they sit on our couches bringing in some of the outside germs.

What about when anyone comes over? They go home & you sit where they had previously sat. You are then resting your open vaginal areas against whatever dirt the guests have brought into the house. It makes me "skeevish" for sanitary reasons.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:29 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,951,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
I'm still hung up on the cleanliness issue.

We take our shoes off when we walk in the door. My husband & I change out of the pants we wear to work but my kids keep on their school clothes.. So they sit on our couches bringing in some of the outside germs.

What about when anyone comes over? They go home & you sit where they had previously sat. You are then resting your open vaginal areas against whatever dirt the guests have brought into the house. It makes me "skeevish" for sanitary reasons.
And vice-versa. I certainly would not want to be sitting on someone's feminine discharge even if I had clothes on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting