Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times

Advertisements

Sierra, I had a quasi fit last summer in a store when I was trying to get her some clothes! I told the poor sales girl exactly what I wrote here..."check the sex offender website because I'll bet the designers and buyers for these clothes are on it! No one wants a little girl looking like she is about to do a lap dance unless they are pedophiles."

It would be so much funnier if the alternatives to hootchie mama clothes weren't so bloomin' expensive! I would say more but I am sure it would soon be nixed by the moderator...as it probably should be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,374,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Has anyone noticed that most of the clothes that are available for little girls are, well, sleazy?
My little girl is 6 and it is hard to find clothes that are reasonably priced that do not look like a registered sex offender designed them!
Why do little girls need to wear high cut tshirts that say junk like "sassy" or "fresh" or "hot" in rhinestones? Or the gym shorts that have words on the rear end? Why not just put a huge billboard on their behinds that says "Hey, look at this!!".
Some of this stuff looks like they are going home to put on their hot pants and lucite platform shoes. It disgusts me.
Is anyone else having this issue? With spring here and shorts and bathing suits around the corner I am feeling a little pressure to start finding her clothes that lets her look like the LITTLE GIRL that she is.
I think degenerates have taken over the clothing industry.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,780 times
South Park was not that far off in their Paris Hilton fashion parody of the Ho look.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I think degenerates have taken over the clothing industry.
Everything's been taken over... and deliberately, too, but it's a broad subject and not appropriate for this thread.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Sierra, I had a quasi fit last summer in a store when I was trying to get her some clothes! I told the poor sales girl exactly what I wrote here..."check the sex offender website because I'll bet the designers and buyers for these clothes are on it! No one wants a little girl looking like she is about to do a lap dance unless they are pedophiles."

It would be so much funnier if the alternatives to hootchie mama clothes weren't so bloomin' expensive! I would say more but I am sure it would soon be nixed by the moderator...as it probably should be!!
I really feel for people who have to raise children in this country...

Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,219,762 times
Sears now carries some Lands End stuff for kids-you can get nice knit dresses and shorts and stuff. It's a tad $ but not as much as Hanna Andersson. Lands End also has nice swimsuits-my girls wear the tankinis, it covers their stomach and the shorts are not cut high. You can even get long bottom and tshirt swimwear there.

Also, like other said, Walmart does have some modest stuff, usually in the area of folded clothes-like shirts and shorts and such. Like, Hanes and Faded Glory brand.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,970,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I don't really get it sorry....I don't see the big deal in gym shorts saying something on their bottom, how thats suggestive in the least bit. ...
WHAT?? Think about it. If something is written on the butt, one would have to look at their butt to read it. Would you want someone to be staring at your daughter's butt all day??

I'm glad I only have boys. As a father, I would never let a daughter of mine wear this crap, and I would probably beat the stuffing out of any sicko who would be checking out my little girl. Although with my boys as they get older, I will never let them wear the ridiculously-baggy stuff with their underwear hanging out. Rule #1 with me is that UNDERwear means it should be UNDER their pants. The way boys are dressing like ghetto trash these days is disturbing.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
I have only got young boys but mentioned that to my wife last year when I saw (cant remember which) either underwear or bikini bottom with "Kittlen" written on the front of it with the small picture of a kittens head.. Judging by size it was probably for an 8 year old ? Why the hell do they need anything writtin there, and especially kitten! There was a woman there buying it for her kid and I was amazed at how she found it OK.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
WHAT?? Think about it. If something is written on the butt, one would have to look at their butt to read it. Would you want someone to be staring at your daughter's butt all day??

I'm glad I only have boys. As a father, I would never let a daughter of mine wear this crap, and I would probably beat the stuffing out of any sicko who would be checking out my little girl. Although with my boys as they get older, I will never let them wear the ridiculously-baggy stuff with their underwear hanging out. Rule #1 with me is that UNDERwear means it should be UNDER their pants. The way boys are dressing like ghetto trash these days is disturbing.
Yes, I have thought about it. I don't think "anyone is staring at my daughter's butt all day" because something is written on it.

With your same logic, grandmother's everywhere are giving pedophiles reason to stare at their grand daughter's chests because the t-shirt says "My grandmother loves me".

Or what about symbols on the polos with a ralph lauren/horse? Does this mean people are staring at her chest all day?

I think people are taking innocent things and with their own twisted minds really embellishing and exaggerating.

A pedophile is sick in the head, a child can wear anything and be at danger.

Of course there are some ridiculous clothes out there, but don't go overboard either....those gym shorts and sweat pants that say the cheerleading squads or softball team's name on the butt have been around for over 20 years and kids have been wearing them!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,929,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post

Then as the father of those cute little boys, I hope you will be teaching them to not "reward" the wearing of those clothes with whistles and comments that just continue the vicious cycle.

Most fathers will say they don't want their daughters wearing this stuff, but a lot of those same fathers are slapping their sons on the back when they bring home a girl wearing those clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting