Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,172,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Keep taking pictures and make sure the date stamp is on them. He'll look like a fool in court if he says she doesn't let him see the child and you have date stamped pictures of 3 days of every week. If he's like most liars, he's not really thinking about the possibility that pictures would be used against him. I wouldn't even hint at the possibility. Just keep taking lots of fun happy pictures. Let him dig is credibility grave in front of a judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I would also keep a log of the dates/times of his visits.
It is sad that people need to do that, but it is better to be prepared with documentation than be blindsided and wish that you had the documentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 02:03 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Yeah definitely log dates and times of visits and take lots of pictures.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
We have a log of visits. We also have when his grandmothers have come to visit as well.

He has only missed one and that was due to school.

It is very sad that she has to do this. It just makes no sense to lie. The problem with people that do is that they don't even realize they lie. It just comes naturally. They believe most of what they say.

The baby will never find out about the paternity test. She certainly won't remember it and I'm sure my daughter won't tell her about it. I know I never would either.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:17 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
That's just incredible. It was perfectly reasonable of him to file for joint legal custody and visitation, to ensure his rights to the child. He didn't have to lie. But now, assuming no one tips him off about it (I sure hope he doesn't look at city data forum), he's going to look like an idiot in court if he tells the judge that mother won't let him see the baby. Take screen shots of his social media pictures and save them all.

I think that what he'll tell the judge is that mother won't let him take the baby unsupervised to his home for visitation, which is true. And I hope that the judge tells him not until the baby is older, hopefully much older.

And don't worry about him finding city data forum. I don't think young people look at this at all.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:09 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,351,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
That's just incredible. It was perfectly reasonable of him to file for joint legal custody and visitation, to ensure his rights to the child. He didn't have to lie. But now, assuming no one tips him off about it (I sure hope he doesn't look at city data forum), he's going to look like an idiot in court if he tells the judge that mother won't let him see the baby. Take screen shots of his social media pictures and save them all.

I think that what he'll tell the judge is that mother won't let him take the baby unsupervised to his home for visitation, which is true. And I hope that the judge tells him not until the baby is older, hopefully much older.

And don't worry about him finding city data forum. I don't think young people look at this at all.

I have thought about this myself... jersey's ID obviously suggests she's in Jersey...Warren County no less... and if someone really wanted to go thru this entire thread there are lots of clues that could help identify both families, especially if someone is a "friend of a friend" and puts the clues together. It's not outside the realm of possibility.

While I agree that young people likely aren't in the Parenting forum there are plenty of other subject forums that could bring them to city-data... you never know.

Point being, the OP needs to be circumspect and not share EVERYthing...IMO. We all have to remember that everything on city-data forums can be Googled. I tried it once for something I posted and sure enough, there it was. And of course, it lives FOREVER.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
True, but she hasn't posted names, or actual town, or the schools they attend. I think it's pretty anonymous, unless someone who actually knows them and knows the story also likes to lurk on CD and looks at the parenting forum. And the fact is, nothing she has posted is inflammatory. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:32 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
No. I'm careful to not say inflammatory things or anything else that's untrue.

I don't live like that. I don't say anything that I wouldn't directly to anyone either. It's ok. I really have nothing to hide or be afraid of in that respect.

Really the only thing anyone can find out on here is that we know they have lied. Which they know anyway about the other stuff. This is the one thing she's holding under her hat is that she knows he lied when he filed.

It's all ok.

And no she doesn't let the baby go unsupervised but that was agreed to as well.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The baby will never find out about the paternity test. She certainly won't remember it and I'm sure my daughter won't tell her about it. I know I never would either.
I've already since forgotten about the one I did. I got the results in an email, which I squirreled away to a folder I don't even look at anymore. Out of sight, out of mind, and move on.

I wouldnt worry about the test. Just procedure.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The paternity test isn't a big deal. It's a standard procedure that isn't worth mentioning and wouldn't come up in normal conversations. She could find out about it someday simply because family court records are publicly available on the internet. When my son's friend came to live with us because his mother kicked him out of the house before he was 18, I looked up his divorced parents court documents online. It was all there for his whole life----every single filing, motion, etc. Even without looking online, these are documents parents keep forever in their filing cabinets. Nosy teenagers eventually go through stuff like that. Even though that's very unlikely, I'm trying to convey that this isn't something to be ashamed of. You are treating this paternity test like it's some shocking family secret. Approach it, psychologically within your own minds, as a routine event parents go through when they end up in court for custody. Some states mandate paternity tests for custody hearings if the parents aren't married.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:33 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,785 times
Yeah, I don't see it as a big deal. Obviously, the child will know her parents never married. It's just part of the normal court proceedings not some shocking secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting