Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 05:56 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus
Woot, today's the big day!
Good luck!!!

We wait to hear g00d things!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 06:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
The suspense!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The suspense!
I've been checking the threads several times today to see if there has been an update! Hope everything has gone well and everyone is just too busy enjoying the new family member!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
I was hoping there'd be news when I woke up today. Too much suspense!

Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,689 times
I was hoping she would deliver on Mother's Day! That would have been neat. I guess we're all just going to have to wait a little longer...

Old 05-12-2014, 11:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Since this is her vent thread, no news is good news!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Sorry to keep you all waiting.

After a very long day in which my daughter was already in labor when she got to the hospital, a beautiful 9 lb. 14 oz., 21 inch long baby girl was delivered via c section at 8:15 pm.

It was a very hard day for her but everyone is well. My daughter started spiking a fever and the baby was sunny side up so the c section was emergent. They did allow just one person in the OR and my daughter did have me in there with her.

She was so scared she was shaking.

The only bit of anything wrong happened after the birth. I went with the little sweetheart to the nursery for suction and a bath.
There was a pediatrician in there checking her out. She was doing a blood draw for cultures and glucose and the like. Ok. No problem. I was able to stay with her for a while. Then the recovery nurse came to get me because my daughter wanted me who was shaking and trembling something terrible. I went to comfort her. While in the recovery room, I could hear the baby screaming something awful. It stopped. Then a few minutes later it started again.

I told my daughter I would be right back. I went to check on the baby and she had 3 more sticks with blood coming for them, a doctor and a lab tech hovering to try and get these needles into her veins. STILL trying to get blood from the baby.

I heard the nurses angry as they were and let them know I was angry too that this poor baby was still being stuck. They told me to go say something. I did. I had to tell the doctor to leave baby alone and don't stick her again. The baby hadn't even met her mother yet.

I actually had a nurse pull me aside an hour later and thank me for that and that she had never seen anything like that before and that there's no way that child should have to be stuck that much. The doctor was being stubborn because she couldn't get the vein so just kept trying. It was terrible. That nurse and the others were writing up the incident

The doctor tried to get consent from my daughter to stick her again. A nurse stood behind the doctor and shook her head no and I told my daughter as well that there's no way that doctor should try again tonight. My daughter agreed. Thankfully and baby got to go meet mom and begin nursing. All is well that ends well. My daughter was thankful that there was someone there to help the baby and make sure all was going the way it should since she couldn't be and admitted that she wouldn't have known it wasn't right.

We are all so exhausted. I took today off just to get some rest and I want to go back and hold that baby for the first time. The first holds were her mom and dad as it should be. I figured I will have plenty of time to cuddle her in the future.

Just thought I'd give you all an update and thank you for the well wishes and prayers.

To the poster that wondered if my husband changed his mind about dd and the baby staying with us, the answer is yes. We changed our minds a while ago when dd said she didn't want a relationship with the fob.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:23 AM

12 posts, read 14,775 times
She made this life changing choice, so it is going to be HER responsibility. YOU will just have to lay down the law, tell her that she needs to get her G.E.D., find a place to stay etc. She will soon find out how hard is to raise a child. I hope things work out for you. <3

Old 05-13-2014, 05:43 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Big baby! Glad the birth went well and you stood up for the baby against that doctor.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:04 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,351,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Big baby! Glad the birth went well and you stood up for the baby against that doctor.

Congrats Grandma! And from that baby's first minutes you already stood up and protected her.... it is so good you were there, right on the "inside" and not out in thewaiting room unaware what was going on.

I'm sorry she did need the surgery which she had been concerned about... so after all the talk and discussion baby daddy was not in the room after all. What was his demeanor during the day...and
when he first held his daughter? Hope everything can go well and be "civil" throughout this journey.

All best to the new family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting