Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
To be fair we have no idea why they feel so strongly about this.
They probably figured out they were sleeping together, or at least suspect it.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think the bigger lesson for him is that even when we disagree with someone in authority, we must respect that authority and its "rules". THAT is what it means to be an adult in control of our actions.
Every authority is not to be obeyed simply because it exists. Remember Dr. King? Thoreau? Jefferson?

Aside from that, someone else's parents are not in any position of authority over OP or her kid.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I second this, and would even bet money on it!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Every authority is not to be obeyed simply because it exists. Remember Dr. King? Thoreau? Jefferson?

Aside from that, someone else's parents are not in any position of authority over OP or her kid.
This. In spades.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Every authority is not to be respected simply because it exists. Remember Dr. King? Thoreau? Jefferson?

Good grief We are hardly discussing civil rights or the rule of law.

I did not say the girls parents had authority over the boy.

I said the boy needs to be taught to respect the wishes and rules of those in authority. They girls parents are the adults who have the right to decide how to parent their child regardless of how "unfair" any of us think they are being.

Their daughter = their rules - end of discussion.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I actually think it's more of a possibility that this is simply what they are AFRAID of, not that it has actually happened

Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Good grief We are hardly discussing civil rights or the rule of law.
Either authority is to be respected and obeyed merely because it exists, or it isn't.

Quote:
I said the boy needs to be taught to respect the wishes and rules of those in authority. They girls parents are the adults who have the right to decide how to parent their child regardless of how "unfair" any of us think they are being.
They have a right to decide it, but not to draft anyone else to enforce their decision.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Every authority is not to be respected simply because it exists. Remember Dr. King? Thoreau? Jefferson?

They are in control of their OWN CHILD though and they have forbid her to have contact with this boy. HE and HIS PARENTS should respect HER FATHER's wishes. Then when HER FATHER finds all the emails she sent without any reply HE WILL SEE IT IS HIS DAUGHTER who initiated the contact and THEIR SON respected him enough not to reply. They BOTH are guilty of "sneaking around and telling lies" because they had to talk at some point to set up the "alternate email" plans and what makes it worse is that HIS PARENTS are condoning his actions and that is absolutely shameful.

This boy and his parents need to drop the situation completely and let it play out, if the teenagers are "in love" they will stand the test of time and I'm betting in a month or so they will both move on and be happier.

Once the girl is 18 and out of her parents home she can do as she chooses, until then HER PARENTS HOME HER PARENTS RULES. No matter how ridiculous anyone else thinks it is.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
I'm jus wondering... OP... did you tell your son NOT to see/contact her because her father won't allow it? I think that's all you need to do to absolve yourself of any responsibility in this. That's my whole point. And if so, if they get caught, and all hell breaks loose... then you don't protect your son in this situation. You let him deal with the consequences But if you're knowingly allowing it, and it seems you are, then you're wrong.

Oh, and that jump drive? That won't do anything but tell the parents that you knew all along. Yeah, good idea. NOT.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
I actually think it's more of a possibility that this is simply what they are AFRAID of, not that it has actually happened
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind. Hope the OP has room in her house if she gets knocked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting