Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 02:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
So the sink and Jack were all made up?
Nope. Felipe is gay. Jack is his partner. Don't even get me started on how Mike fits into their relationship. It's a big sink. They all fit under it together.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
So the sink and Jack were all made up?

The picture of Jennifer Lopez living in someone's parent's basement is hilarious.
As long as it's filled with white lillies it's ok...

Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Nope. Felipe is gay. Jack is his partner. Don't even get me started on how Mike fits into their relationship. It's a big sink. They all fit under it together.
Hopes! Quiet! The HOA won't let us sub-let and we didn't report them on the last census.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, sometimes trying to describe you guys to my DH and what we talk about..... I wonder if he thinks I just have imaginary friends or something! You guys are real, right????
My husband used to say that people I talked to on the internet were "fake" until he started meeting my internet friends IRL!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
So the other day I went to the dentist.
I broke my filling again.
It's because I grind my teeth at night, I stay away from crunchy food at all cost because it hurts my teeth and doesn't feel good at all.

This has to be the second or third time I've broken it. IMO that's pretty **** poor dental work on the dentist part.

I didn't know that I had broken it again. There was no crack, no sudden pain, I just noticed food was getting stuck more and more often. I now have decay all the way down to the nerve, despite brushing everyday and flossing most days.

I have to have a root canal, build up and a crown.
$1,151...

YOU'D THINK I WAS GETTING ALL NEW TEETH.

It's really starting to bother me, that section of my mouth is just kind of a dull ache yet it feels numb into my jaw.

I want to hyperventilate and cry every time I think about the price to fix it, the fact that I can't have it done and the fact that my teeth are going to rot of out my head before I can get anything done.

Honestly I am about to go into full panic mode and burst out crying while I go brush my teeth for the 3rd time today.

This is not how I wanted to spend my birthday feeling but the nagging ever worsening feeling I have in that tooth is just making it hard to stop thinking about.

I've called a dental school, they'll be even more expensive than comfort dental.
Besides trying to make a complaint and see if I can get this fixed for free I don't know what else to do.

Even if I were to land a job with benefits, it'd be awhile before I had money, at least 90 days till insurance kicked in and by then that tooth is going to be gone and the ones surrounding it are going to be screwed too, I am getting a cavity on another tooth because its so damn hard to floss between those teeth because the jacked up way they did the fillings.

With how much medical and dental cost in the US its easier to just go buy a gun and old yeller your self out back of a shed.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So the other day I went to the dentist.
I broke my filling again.
It's because I grind my teeth at night, I stay away from crunchy food at all cost because it hurts my teeth and doesn't feel good at all.

This has to be the second or third time I've broken it. IMO that's pretty **** poor dental work on the dentist part.

I didn't know that I had broken it again. There was no crack, no sudden pain, I just noticed food was getting stuck more and more often. I now have decay all the way down to the nerve, despite brushing everyday and flossing most days.

$1,151...

It's really starting to bother me, that section of my mouth is just kind of a dull ache yet it feels numb into my jaw.

I want to hyperventilate and cry every time I think about the price to fix it, the fact that I can't have it done and the fact that my teeth are going to rot of out my head before I can get anything done.

Honestly I am about to go into full panic mode and burst out crying while I go brush my teeth for the 3rd time today.

This is not how I wanted to spend my birthday feeling but the nagging ever worsening feeling I have in that tooth is just making it hard to stop thinking about.

I've called a dental school, they'll be even more expensive than comfort dental.
Besides trying to make a complaint and see if I can get this fixed for free I don't know what else to do.

Even if I were to land a job with benefits, it'd be awhile before I had money, at least 90 days till insurance kicked in and by then that tooth is going to be gone and the ones surrounding it are going to be screwed too, I am getting a cavity on another tooth because its so damn hard to floss between those teeth because the jacked up way they did the fillings.

With how much medical and dental cost in the US its easier to just go buy a gun and old yeller your self out back of a shed.
Quit whining. You are young and healthy, and you have a toothache, not cancer. Get a grip. Get into high activity mode on the job hunt, and if it's a back tooth get it pulled. You won't miss it, and it won't hurt.

There. Next.....

Old 08-25-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
It's not bad dental work. No amount of dental work can protect you from yourself. If you had slept with a mouth guard, this wouldn't have happened to your tooth.

Quote:
$1,151...
If you had stayed at the gas station, you'd have dental insurance.

Quote:
Welcome to the real world of being an adult. Maybe this experience will motivate you to act like an adult and do things adults should do.

Quote:
Actually, dental insurance is very affordable.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Good Afternoon All!

Its been awhile since I posted in here.

MM- How is did your daughters surgery go?

Jasper- You will be able to make up all the cookie baking when your children decide to have grandchildren. My mom missed out a great deal of our lives when we were tweens but as soon as we had grandchildren, she was always there (especially for my sister). Do not feel down about it. As parents we try to do the best we can.

JKCoop, Dew, Hopes, Mattie, RK035, Zimbo, Num1baby, EWAG, and whoever else I missed- Sending my good thoughts and hope all is well.

Finster- How is lilmsFR doing in preschool? Toddler X started this week and he is off to a bad start. He got an infection on his willy, he went the first and second day but stood home today because it became enflamed. The doctor had to up the antibotics he was give on Monday

Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's not bad dental work. No amount of dental work can protect you from yourself. If you had slept with a mouth guard, this wouldn't have happened to your tooth.

If you had stayed at the gas station, you'd have dental insurance.

Welcome to the real world of being an adult. Maybe this experience will motivate you to act like an adult and do things adults should do.

Actually, dental insurance is very affordable.
I second the last sentence...dental insurance is more affordable than health insurance. Dental Schools are much cheaper. I do not know what dental school is more expensive than a regular dentist unless it was Harvard.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Ouch! Poor ToddlerX!

And how are you feeling MrsX? Everything under control?

DD's surgery went well, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting