Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
My sentiments for sure! We learned a lot with Spot and Dick and Jane in the first grade and I could read really well during that year.....some kids now can't even read in high school let alone know how to do math, know about history, English/grammar and everything else kids are supposed to learn. What the heck do kids do all day sitting in classrooms??

When we had a German exchange student in our home for a year, she was astonished....and because she knew more than the teacher about English, that teacher had our student teach the class......wow
I learned to read with Dick & Jane along with Spot!!! Then we moved up to a reading program called SRA where you read at your own pace then took tests before moving up to the next colored level. That is crazy about your foreign exchange student and I know I've become very lazy with my grammar as I age.

My vent a friend on FB sent me a graphic that got my blood boiling today. "America takes better care of illegals than our vets" isn't that sad.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:32 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
I just wish that I wasn't so incompetent when it comes to housekeeping. My small apartment looks more like a storage space versus a home and I'm trying to get rid of stuff but it seems never ending. I was making headway on shredding tons of documents I no longer need and my shredder died I'm just so frustrated that no matter how much work I put into my place, it still does not look like a home.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I just wish that I wasn't so incompetent when it comes to housekeeping. My small apartment looks more like a storage space versus a home and I'm trying to get rid of stuff but it seems never ending. I was making headway on shredding tons of documents I no longer need and my shredder died I'm just so frustrated that no matter how much work I put into my place, it still does not look like a home.
*sigh* ... Just found A LOT more papers that need shredding and here I am without a working shredder

Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I don't normally go shopping on Sunday but due to a twist of fate, I needed to go out and buy new bedding...comforter, mattress pad, blankets.....the whole nine yards. So I go to the mall.

I enter at Dillards...nope nothing I like there..on to Macy's....nope...Penny's!! whooohoo! Lots here and all on sale. So I buy all of the above.

I think nothing of lugging all of this back to Dillards where I parked, until I realized just how rude mall people are.

I hugged the right hand side yet people still would expect me to move even farther over so they and their 10 best friends or family members could walk abreast. I got glared at a few times.

I had people SEE me and still walk right out in front of me and.....STOP. Just stop right there in the middle of the walking aisle.

I also had a number of people just cut right in front of me to turn into a store.

I mean, I'm carrying a boat load of stuff...it's not like I have a little bag from Mike's favorite store.

I was so frustrated by the time I got to my vehicle I was shaking!
AW! I hope you are ok! I EXACTLY know what you are talking about! Some people are just so inconsiderate!
Sometimes I also got that shaky feeling too to hold down my anger.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Work would be great if I never had to talk to people or deal with them at all. I wish I had my own personal fortune, and could quit my job on Tuesday. Sigh.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Having PC issues first thing in the morning before coffee! Whoever thought that things would come to this? No person should have to have trouble or issues dealing with PCs before they have time to wake up................

Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Hi Aks I hear ya now I have a vent about something similar.

My local grocery store is "encouraging" downloading their coupons onto your iPhone or Smart phone. My vent~ I don't have either so why can't I get free groceries or super deal coupons since I've shopped there for over 30 years????? They also send different coupons in an email weekly that you have to print out which I've told y'all before I no longer use a printer. So I take my memory stick down there with the coupons on it and they won't use it!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Having PC issues first thing in the morning before coffee! Whoever thought that things would come to this? No person should have to have trouble or issues dealing with PCs before they have time to wake up................
PC problems first thing in the morning is the worst!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:25 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,705,467 times
I know what you mean, DallasKitty. Even thought I can print the coupons, I miss a lot of "deals" because I don't have a Facebook account and I'm just stubborn enough not to succumb to their manipulation to control me. Grrrrrr

PC problems are the worst, too. I want to just turn it on and watch it perform. There are enough problems I deal with, my computer shouldn't be one of them.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I know what you mean, DallasKitty. Even thought I can print the coupons, I miss a lot of "deals" because I don't have a Facebook account and I'm just stubborn enough not to succumb to their manipulation to control me. Grrrrrr

PC problems are the worst, too. I want to just turn it on and watch it perform. There are enough problems I deal with, my computer shouldn't be one of them.
I don't use my real name online anywhere, except online banking etc., because I don't want anybody's manipulation either. So many online don't even think about that at all or if you bring it up they just say 'oh well'. I don't want whom I related to on FB to become a tracking device either.

Dallas Kitty I am sure we all have wanted to use your graphic at some point you just put up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics