Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:08 PM

336 posts, read 847,109 times

Advertisements

Hi KARLA,Just wandered in from...Hey,I haven't worn hose,nylons, pantyhose,stockings or whatever the name is now for 20 years!If I wear a dress,I just don't wear anything on my legs.Yes,you have to shave closely and hope your legs are covered enough so no one can see scars,birthmarks and acne - They itch,they sag and can cause rashes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,074,813 times
My last suit and tie was December 6 for my mother's funeral and sadly, Sunday will be the next time for another funeral. We've had three Alzheimer's deaths in a four month period in my family. Wearing a suit and tie has not been a happy occassion lately.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 PM

27,469 posts, read 27,495,860 times
Personally, I love dresses and skirts, namely those 'gypsy' style skirts because they can be casual or they can be dressy, depending on what type of footwear you wear. But I hate pantyhose, they are so binding arrrgh! Its either thigh-highs or nothing.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:59 PM

27,469 posts, read 27,495,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well, I don't wear dresses (thank God) and the last time I wore a suit and tie was.. hmmm.. for a job interview 4 years ago. I'm a business casual type of guy, and I don't wear suits too often, especially in the summer here.

If I saw Mike in a dress I might question that.....

Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,956,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol I had a "magnum mike wardrobe malfunction" the other day
LOL.. Ouch Karla... we now have a new term in the English language - When somebody's caught with their fly down, you'll hear everybody else around telling him/her "Hey, you gotta Magnum Mike wardrobe malfunction!"

That's probably gonna be my legacy after I'm gone, on my grave stone, these words will be written: "Michael S. &&&&&&&" "Known for the Magnum Mike Wardrobe Malfunction"

Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,578,622 times
You have my condolences, Charley.
The last time I wore a skirt and all that good[?] stuff was for my son's Army Commissioning in May. Same one I wore to his high school graduation four years before-the second to last time I wore one!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM

24,652 posts, read 26,211,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Los Vegas? Was that a keyboard malfunction?

Actually my "wardrobe malfunction" wasn't quite as serious as Janet Jackson's, at least mine wasn't broadcast nationwide, besides I was wearing something below the slacks!

LOL, you should see MM when he's really in a hurry.

Last suit and tie event for me was last Nov at a fund raising event.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,956,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
If I saw Mike in a dress I might question that.....
LOL... well there's nothing to question Power Surge, because you'll never see me wearing a dress, and definitely no panty hose!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,729,418 times
I wear a dress most Sunday's to church. I don't really like pants, so I wear dresses most of the time changing to sundresses in the Summer. I even wear a dress over my swimsuit when I go to the aquatic center and change back into it when I leave. I have had several people comment that I am very dressed up today. My answer is that this is just more comfortable to me. Most of the time it is a citiknit and they don't wrinkle when I ball them up and put them into my bag.

I wear pants when I am working in the yard and on some shopping trips, but I really prefer dresses. When I was growing up we were not allowed to wear pants, because it was thought to be sinful. I was brought up in the mountains of NC. That is why I get so amused with the books written about the South and the sinful type people. Whoever wrote the book does not have a clue. We were so clean living, we squeaked.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,202,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
ay.

Karla- This place looks horrible from the outside, but the Veterans Thrift Shop on Beach gets new items from stores, as well as like-new donations. I bought four Liz Claiborne blouses- brand new- for between $2.98 and $3.98 each.....wore one with my skirt and hose on Sunday! We can shop for the hubster when we go to the nursery on Monday, if you want. Can't beat a ten buck men's suit!

heck with deals like that we are shopping for me lol

I think riv is joining us for the nursery trip maybe she would enjoy the trip to the thrift shop

oh I just remember I wore a denim skirt a couple months ago does that count no hose though because my legs were still tan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics