Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 12:03 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh my!!...... Did you get burnt or the trouble and strife?

My dad took my mum to clacton for a day out..... And she got burned to hell!!!! ..... She woke me up BANGING on the door in the early hours to get solpadeine for her

Awwwwww yeah I know what you mean mate and kid that's died would do that to you

But it's actually the old mans birthday today ..... Bought him some fishing gear and will pay for a trip down in Devon that he annually attents in August

So FISH and chips for tonight
Nope...... we walked in the shade a lot....... I've had enough of this hot weather now LC. One day a year is enough for me!!

Judy and I are having a well deserved drinkie...... bacardi and coke for me, and vodka and coke for She Who Must Be Obeyed. I have made real large ones, with plenty of ice. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Happy Birthday to your old man, Just don't tell me he's younger than me......... I don't know how it happened. Once upon a time everybody was older than me, then suddenly, everybody is younger than me. I never saw it happen!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,125,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Jeez yes, it's so hot today!! And I think I must've got about an hour's sleep last night. It's not just the heat, but because I have the windows open, the traffic outside keeps waking me up.
Well I had a lovely sleep last night!

Fan on, a couple of cold wet face flannels, and sleeping smokeless = nice peaceful kip!

I suppose the good news is this heatwave will end tomorrow and temperatures will drop right back down to the mid -teens of a night time.

Anyway, time to suck a Magnum

Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post

Fan on, a couple of cold wet face flannels, and sleeping smokeless = nice peaceful kip!

I suppose the good news is this heatwave will end tomorrow and temperatures will drop right back down to the mid -teens of a night time.

You can't beat a Magnum Zola. Do you prefer the lumpy choc covering, or the smooth?........

Old 07-19-2016, 12:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,079,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh my!!...... Did you get burnt or the trouble and strife?

My dad took my mum to clacton for a day out..... And she got burned to hell!!!! ..... She woke me up BANGING on the door in the early hours to get solpadeine for her

Awwwwww yeah I know what you mean mate and kid that's died would do that to you

But it's actually the old mans birthday today ..... Bought him some fishing gear and will pay for a trip down in Devon that he annually attents in August

So FISH and chips for tonight
A happy birthday to Mr LC Senior! Where in Devon is he going? My dad's idea of us having a fun holiday when I was young, was going fishing off Weston pier. It wasn't my idea of a fun time - I found it totally boring!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You can't beat a Magnum Zola. Do you prefer the lumpy choc covering, or the smooth?........
I don't mind what Magnum it is, the fact it's got a chocolate coating is good enough for me

Glad you had a good day out; still sunny here in Bromsgrove; am in the garden in my deckchair with my feed in a cold bowl of water.

This is the life

Old 07-19-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post

I've got one of these tower fans:

Buy Honeywell Grey and Black Oscillating Tower Fan at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Fans.

But if I left it on during the night, the noise would keep me awake. I've got to have complete silence and complete darkness for me to get off to sleep!

I usually have Mini Magnums. Sometimes I have two, and then tell myself it's alright because it would only be equivalent to one normal sized one!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:43 PM

Been shopping with my daughter. She wanted to buy some gifts for that special lady in her life. No, not me, her own mother. This was for her teacher, as it's her last day of term tomorrow.

WTF?! I can't ever remember buying gifts for any of my teachers! In fact, I was usually glad to see the back of them!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Buy Honeywell Grey and Black Oscillating Tower Fan at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Fans.

But if I left it on during the night, the noise would keep me awake. I've got to have complete silence and complete darkness for me to get off to sleep!

I usually have Mini Magnums. Sometimes I have two, and then tell myself it's alright because it would only be equivalent to one normal sized one!
I love your "logic" = "I had two mini magnums because it's only one normal size"

Bit like me when I eat those multi pack Walkers Crisps, which are slightly smaller than the normal size, but I buy them because I think smaller packs are less fattening. But it just means I eat 2 or 3 packets in a row!

Must be difficult sleeping in the same room as you if you demand complete silence and darkness! I have to have the windows open (even in winter). I need fresh air at all times! But once I'm asleep you'll never wake me up with any kind of noise until the alarm clock goes off at 4am

Old 07-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Been shopping with my daughter. She wanted to buy some gifts for that special lady in her life. No, not me, her own mother. This was for her teacher, as it's her last day of term tomorrow.

WTF?! I can't ever remember buying gifts for any of my teachers! In fact, I was usually glad to see the back of them!
On my last day of school term during my 6th form year, I bought some perfume and chocolate for my favourite teacher! I had a secret crush on her (even though she was married!) Never remembered a thing she was teaching, and was very sad when I left school for good!

ho hum

Old 07-19-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:

I've got two fan thingies. I bought a box shaped thing years ago, when in a mini heat wave everything else was sold out. You put ice in a small box in the back of the thing. It's more trouble than it's worth......

I also have a large fan which I have set up in our bedroom a few minutes ago. It is stored on top of a wardrobe in the booze bedroom. I struggled through fields of vodka and wine to reach the thing! It is ready to go now, sat on top of the long run of drawers next to my side of the bed.......

I know what you mean about noise when trying to sleep. I am not too bad with a fan, but any strange sound keeps me awake. I had a nightmare situation in a house I owned 20 years ago. There was a strange humming sound that tended to start late at night. I never did find out what it was. Drove me nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics