Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 05:06 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,626,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yup!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! Yup as soon as your decided on it let me know and I'll make the plans for the canal trip for you

On that subject have you seen anything else that you fancy whilst in London?
Ah, see there - you really are a prince among men! Ohhhhh so many things - food, sights, activities - I'd love to go up at the O2 but that's unlikely this trip. Off to work soon but I'll tell you more later

Right now thinking about London and work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 05:25 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,566,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ah, see there - you really are a prince among men! Ohhhhh so many things - food, sights, activities - I'd love to go up at the O2 but that's unlikely this trip. Off to work soon but I'll tell you more later

Right now thinking about London and work!
No think about londoncowboy30 and THEN work is what's best!!! 😂😂😂😂

The O2 Is easy as sin to get to....... About 30-40 minutes from central London max! m

Give us a shout later and we'll go through it

Old 07-19-2016, 07:19 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,125,375 times
Hot and humid office environment, coupled with the odours of various Microwaved soups, curries and Noodles from colleagues , doesn't make for a pleasant experience

Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 AM

36,470 posts, read 16,075,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Squee! Can barely wait - I'll be in London less than two weeks from today! Might be in your neighborhood on my actual birthday Oooo and whichever day it is, I'll see the rolling bridge then too.
Oh I think I know that brithday

Thinking about.....when my AC will be fixed........again

Old 07-19-2016, 08:55 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,891 times
Quote:
Have a blinder Dave
I did LC....... We've just got back...... Gordon Bennett, it's hot!! Blackpool was packed with tourists enjoying the rare sunshine. We weighed up a few hotels, and I wrote down the names of those Judy liked the look of. I'll check 'em out on trip-adviser.

We went in Wetherspoon's as Judy had gone off the idea of fish and chips. So, I had a 14oz steak with chips and peas, and SWMBO had an 8oz sirloin. I washed mine down with two pints of lager, and Judy had two pints of sody pop as she was driving........

We called at Judy's dad's grave on the way there, and left some flowers. Lovely and quiet in there. I noticed a gravestone that moved me emotionally. It was of an 18 month old child that died in 1981. There were fresh flowers on the grave, after 35 years........ brought a lump to my throat.

We got some petrol in Sainbury's on the way home, and I called in the store for some ice cream magnums........

This is the life LC...... this is the life.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:33 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,079,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Hot and humid office environment, coupled with the odours of various Microwaved soups, curries and Noodles from colleagues , doesn't make for a pleasant experience
Jeez yes, it's so hot today!! And I think I must've got about an hour's sleep last night. It's not just the heat, but because I have the windows open, the traffic outside keeps waking me up.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I did LC....... We've just got back...... Gordon Bennett, it's hot!! Blackpool was packed with tourists enjoying the rare sunshine. We weighed up a few hotels, and I wrote down the names of those Judy liked the look of. I'll check 'em out on trip-adviser.

We went in Wetherspoon's as Judy had gone off the idea of fish and chips. So, I had a 14oz steak with chips and peas, and SWMBO had an 8oz sirloin. I washed mine down with two pints of lager, and Judy had two pints of sody pop as she was driving........

We called at Judy's dad's grave on the way there, and left some flowers. Lovely and quiet in there. I noticed a gravestone that moved me emotionally. It was of an 18 month old child that died in 1981. There were fresh flowers on the grave, after 35 years........ brought a lump to my throat.

We got some petrol in Sainbury's on the way home, and I called in the store for some ice cream magnums........

Oh my!!...... Did you get burnt or the trouble and strife?

My dad took my mum to clacton for a day out..... And she got burned to hell!!!! ..... She woke me up BANGING on the door in the early hours to get solpadeine for her

Awwwwww yeah I know what you mean mate and kid that's died would do that to you

But it's actually the old mans birthday today ..... Bought him some fishing gear and will pay for a trip down in Devon that he annually attents in August

So FISH and chips for tonight

Old 07-19-2016, 11:41 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,079,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Sounds like you had a nice time. No fish and chips though! You can't go to the seaside and not have fish and chips!

I noticed a picture of Blackpool in today's Daily Mail, together with pictures of Barry Island and other places. Wish I'd spent the day at the seaside today!

UK weather sees one of the hottest days in July ever as temperatures hit 35c | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 AM

Wheres our stick of rock Dave? ......

Me, star, lady Zola, bec..... Etc etc

Old 07-19-2016, 11:58 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,891 times
Quote:
Wheres our stick of rock Dave? ......

Me, star, lady Zola, bec..... Etc etc
Here you are....... share this one.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huXtbB0XQoc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics