Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:04 AM

18,292 posts, read 26,077,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 26th 2013. For those who have asked, baby grandson is doing just fine and looking set to receive a swag of booty come Christmas time! Good morning Kobber and everybody!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened. Just bought a 2005 Dodge Stratus. Four days later the computer light came on regarding the charging system. Thirteen miles later my car died as the alternator was out and the power was basically running on the battery. I knew what the problem was and I was only four miles away from my mechanic but couldn't make it. Grr!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance?Yes- one of the pleasures of my life was being able to meet members of the Moody Blues on several different tours, my favorite group since 1968.

Asked someone famous for their autograph?See above. Also have several autographs from different members of the Denver Broncos

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees?Unfortunately yes regarding under-dressed. Don't want to relate the story, too embarrassing!

Worked in a clothing store?Never have.

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen?No, never have. HAVE done a lot of other voluntary work otherwise. Any person who doesn't want a death wish would touch my cooking. My favorite dish? Ambush stew! It will attack you when you least expect it!

Bonus Question:

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year?

Just for fun:

This question was suggested by LuckyLady - thanks LL!

How long do you think you can hold your breathe underwater? Done it a couple times, generally a minute.

Thought for the Day:

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. (Mark Twain)Very good advice!

Today Is:

National Cake Day
Uh oh--there goes the waistline! That's ok, it's gonna take a whoopin' on Thursday! lol

Going out of town for Thanksgiving, hope everyone's Thanksgiving is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, November 26th 2013.

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 26th 2013. For those who have asked, baby grandson is doing just fine and looking set to receive a swag of booty come Christmas time!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened. It's been years and the last time it was the battery gone dead, or was it the flat tire, Hmmm, don't remember, called AAA though.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance? Yes, one time at a Vikki Carr concert. She went to our high school. I brought our yearbook in for her to reminisce.

Asked someone famous for their autograph? Her^^^.

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? No, but did wear only a raincoat to a party many moons ago, the women loved it..

Worked in a clothing store? No, worked in a naked store one time, we sold nothing...

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? No.

Bonus Question:

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year? Bananas, strawberies, pineapple, apples, raspberries, blueberries.

Just for fun:

How long do you think you can hold your breath underwater? Probably 10 seconds.

Happy Tuesday everyone, enjoy...

Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 AM

39,225 posts, read 23,219,289 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened. OMG, the timing of this question is uncanny. Just this past Saturday, I took my daily driver, an old Nissan Maxima with very low miles, to the mechanic for an oil change. When he was done with it, it wouldn't start! I decided to leave the car there with him so he could figure out what was wrong, but I managed to get a ride home in the meantime. Right before his closing time, I arrived to pick up the car. He said the car started up fine now without him doing anything to it. As I drove it home, it stalled a couple of times. I did make it home, however, but yesterday afternoon I had the car towed back to the shop and now I'm waiting to hear back. This car may be on its way out if this continues and the mechanic can't get it repaired.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance? No.

Asked someone famous for their autograph? No.

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? A very long time ago watching a musical with a friend, but I saw others there dressed the same way (not as "dressy" as the other attendees but it didn't bother me).

Worked in a clothing store? No.

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? No but will do it if they were short on help and I was asked to.

Bonus Question:

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year? Just about anything---apples, pears, citrus fruits.

Just for fun:

How long do you think you can hold your breathe underwater? Not very long. Maybe less than 10 seconds.

Thought for the Day:

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. (Mark Twain) Very true! Take the focus off yourself and be a blessing to others.

Today Is:

National Cake Day I have a carrot cake sitting in my kitchen right now. Yum!

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,549,646 times
Good morning everyone!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened. So long I can't remember

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance? no

Asked someone famous for their autograph? Do the characters at Disneyworld count?

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? no

Worked in a clothing store? no

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? no

Bonus Question:

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year? nothing is fresh now. It's winter here. I would have to take whatever the grocery store has in their produce section.

Just for fun:

How long do you think you can hold your breathe underwater? maybe a couple minutes

Thought for the Day:

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. (Mark Twain)

Today Is:

National Cake Day[/quote]

Old 11-26-2013, 08:25 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 26th 2013. For those who have asked, baby grandson is doing just fine and looking set to receive a swag of booty come Christmas time! Good news Kobber. Christmas will be such fun for you this year!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened. Happily (and touch wood!) this hasn't happened to me.

Have you ever -

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? If it ever happened, I didn't notice .

Worked in a clothing store? Yes, in my teens.

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? Yes, back in my working days.

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year? Pomegranates, pineapple guavas.

How long do you think you can hold your breathe underwater? About 20 seconds. (I'm picturing our C-D friends sitting in front of their computers holding their breaths so they can answer!).

Thanks Kobber and happy day all.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,260,043 times
broke down last? not a break down but a check engine light (not blinking), pulled over, called service, they said drive it in. didn't "click" the gas cap letting air into the system.

backstage pass? nope
someone famous autograph? yes, steven tyler (and the rest of the band) at the beach, he signed a dollar bill (which i've since spent)
under-dressed? don't recall
worked in a clothes store? nope
volunteered in soup kitchen? nope

fruit? store bought

hold breath? a minute

National Cake Day

let them eat cake.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,453,046 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened.

Knock on wood. I don't think that has ever happened to me.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? Nope.

Worked in a clothing store? Nope.

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? No.

Bonus Question:

You’re being asked to take a fresh fruit salad for a thanksgiving meal… what fresh fruit is readily available in your area at this time of year?
Cantaloupe, grapes, apples, oranges

Just for fun:

How long do you think you can hold your breathe underwater?
30 secs.

Thought for the Day:

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. (Mark Twain)
You know, that is absolutely true.

Today Is:

National Cake Day Yum yum eat 'em up.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 26th 2013. For those who have asked, baby grandson is doing just fine and looking set to receive a swag of booty come Christmas time! Lucky baby!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time your car/truck (or one you were a passenger in) broke down on the road/highway? Tell us a little about what happened.
Thankfully this hasn't happened to me in many many years, the last time I can remember it happening was about 30+ years ago while I was stopped at a drawbridge, my car overheated but that was nothing unusual lol. It was always overheating or running out of gas because the gas gauge didn't work.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance? nope

Asked someone famous for their autograph? yes, Peter Coyote

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? yep

Worked in a clothing store? yes

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? not yet

Bonus Question:

I don't know how fresh it is but all fruits are usually available somewhere except for maybe watermelon

Just for fun:

Um not very long, I never could

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

National Cake Day Yay! I love cake!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 AM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,661,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, November 26th 2013. For those who have asked, baby grandson is doing just fine and looking set to receive a swag of booty come Christmas time!
And the parents, adjusting to the hard work of taking care of a baby, we trust.

Today’s Question:

Extra Credit Question
:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance? no

Asked someone famous for their autograph? no, what's the use of a signature on a piece of paper?

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees? Probably not since high school or twenty-something

Worked in a clothing store? not me

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen? I've volunteered, but not at one of these.

Bonus Question:
Thanks to grocery stores, just about anything. But we'll say apples.

Just for fun:
Long enough.

Today Is:
National Cake Day - sounds like a plan

Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Today’s Question:

Yep, it was 1963 in Elk City, OK on a vacation trip from CA to OH. The transmission went out on Sat evening. Had to hole up until Sun morning and limp the car into OK CITY as the couldn't fix it in Elk City.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever -

Had a backstage pass at a concert or theatre performance?
Nope

Asked someone famous for their autograph?
Yep, Roman Gabriel.

Attended a gathering or party and found you were totally over or under-dressed compared with other attendees?
Possibly.

Worked in a clothing store?
Nope

Volunteered at a food pantry/soup kitchen?
Nope

Bonus Question:

Oranges, apples, grapes and bananas.

Just for fun:

I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics