Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Me always the opinionated one!

I love that mug Elnina!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 AM

13,643 posts, read 10,043,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Yes, I think we all do.

Oddly, sometimes the best people to talk to are the ones we don't know very well. Our friends and family often lose their objectivity.

There's lots of people here to talk with Sweetie, fire away!
I am truly grateful to you all for being here, believe me, I am, thank you.

I don't know what to say now.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,834,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Do you ever feel like that?
Sometimes. Usually that's when you find out who your real friends are. Family are unreliable especially in a small community when one is related to almost everyone..and they are usually biased anyways.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:47 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,469,435 times
So much right now. Between my friend's death from being hit by a car and the flashbacks I get of my own near-death experiences I just need someone to friggin' talk to. I know I probably inappropriately keep bringing it up in CD threads but that's why. I have a counselor lined up when school starts again but that's in another week. Right now I just couldn't feel more alone in the world. I feel like I've lost it. My muscles are sore from shaking. My anxiety is through the roof. I'll be okay one minute and the next minute I'll be crying like a baby, in public (something I would usually never do). Yesterday I thought I was in North Carolina again (I live in DC now) and thought my life was in danger. I don't even remember the whole thing but apparently I emailed a few people and they told me about it later. According to my roommate, my ex tried to strangle me to death and tried to stab me and if it weren't for my roommate pulling her off me I would have probably died. I don't sleep at night. I just get flashbacks. The people I have right now in my life don't understand. They either think if I just "stop thinking about it" it'll go away, or they just can't relate and don't know what to do or say to make me feel better. I need to talk to someone who gets it. I need to tell someone everything that happened that I can remember, and I need to remember the parts I blocked out, so that I can move on from it.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
So much right now. Between my friend's death and the flashbacks I get of my own near-death experiences I just need someone to friggin' talk to. I know I probably inappropriately keep bringing it up in CD threads but that's why. I have a counselor lined up when school starts again but that's in another week. Right now I just couldn't feel more alone in the world. The people I have right now in my life don't understand. They think it's a matter of will. They think if I just "stop thinking about it" it'll go away. It doesn't work like that. I need to talk to someone who gets it.
No, it doesn't work like that, and you're welcome to bring it up.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I loved your post elnina. I screwed up my rep to you, and pushed enter before I wanted to. I do think talking to ourselves and interrupting ourselves is just one of many coping strategies and techniques we use to try to resolve things, be they big or small.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I used to be able to talk things out with my dad. After he died in 1987, I never really
found someone to confide in. I've had to work things out for myself since then. Of course,
I talk to my wife about most things, but women don't really understand what makes men
tick. They think they do - but they don't!! I think women can confide, and discuss things
with women friends. Men are very deep, and I think, a puzzle to most women!!
You hit the nail right on the head. You are so much better with words than me.

My Dad is still around, but I've really never been able to confide in him, if I did, everyone would hear of my problems.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Do you ever feel like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Yes, I think we all do.

Oddly, sometimes the best people to talk to are the ones we don't know very well. Our friends and family often lose their objectivity.

There's lots of people here to talk with Sweetie, fire away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Ditto!
O/T seems to have a number of really great non-judgmental listeners. Lots of folks on here who have really good life experiences, and "get it". If any of us are having a bad day, or many bad days it is a good and safe place to come.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM

I got hit by a car four times and survived. My friend got hit by a car once and died. I don't understand why I survived and he died. It's so unfair.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You hit the nail right on the head. You are so much better with words than me.

My Dad is still around, but I've really never been able to confide in him, if I did, everyone would hear of my problems.
Ugh I know that feeling. I can't confide in my dad either (I live with him). It's not because he would tell everyone though. It's because he would just deny it all and make me feel worse about it, even though I have physical evidence on my body and other people who were there who remember too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics