Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,447,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
missionhome, I think there was a problem attaching the photos. Please try to repost them, I would love to see them!
They should work now. I uploaded them to flickr.
They aren't much or anything amazing though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 PM

16 posts, read 73,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Fontucky I am not bashing OC. Amhealy has the right idea by posting the pic "signs of the times". I understand how some people go into denial not wanting to admit the negative aspects of California but once again other people that have never been there need to know.. Why do you say I am bashing?? I have said good things about OC. What is your problem with honestly? Is this a forum for questions about moving somewhere or do you work for a travel agency in California?? What is the big deal??
Excuse me for butting in, but I think Fontucky's point is that this is a picture thread, not an O.C. bashing thread. I think she was correct that if one wants to bash O.C., to go join the O.C. bashing thread that was started and let this thread be for pictures of O.C.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,389,791 times
I am curious about Saddleback Mountain I have seen in many of these photos. Is it an area open to the public? Are there hiking trails that go to the top?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,153,267 times
OK no problem, it is a picture thread. Then include pictures of ALL parts of OC, not just the good ones. What is the point of this forum if it is only giving portions of information? This forum is called City Data Forum. The definition of data is: "Factual information used as a basis for reasoning, discussion or calculation", according to the Websters dictionary. Therefore, if it is a forum used specifically to gather information about a city.. why not include the whole picture instead of what you want to show. Is the forum about you or about those who are looking for a place to live?? Stop being so selfish. If you guys want to share your great beach photos go to Google images or send them into National Geographic or something. I just don't get why you are doing this to people?? Fortunately, I have been to OC so I wouldn't fall into the trap of believing it looks like all those pretty pictures. But for the naive and those who have never been there, they are going to look at those pictures and think that OC is this paradise, move there and probably be disappointed unless they make more than a six figure income. But then again, this is about you and not them right??? You guys are totally off base with this. Does anyone here understand what I am talking about???

Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 AM

Orange County...

Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhealy View Post
Excuse me for butting in, but I think Fontucky's point is that this is a picture thread, not an O.C. bashing thread. I think she was correct
He.

To Raelyn: People are free to post any part of OC they feel like. If there aren't enough non-glamorous shots to suit you*, then find your way to OC and head over to Delhi in Santa Ana, Crow Village in Stanton, or the La Zanja section of San Juan Capistrano and take as many as you want... then post them! It's as simple as that. There's hardly a conspiracy at work here that's keeping the gritty/non-glamorous parts of OC from being posted. Jeeze. Have you given thought to getting your meds adjusted, my dear?

* Did you catch the Garden Grove pictures earlier in this topic?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:34 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Orange County...
Sweetie, that's Los Angeles. Now your troll horns are beginning to show.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 AM

Uh no it wasn't, the caption read "Orange County". Check out my newest post under the Orange County section titled "the truth about orange county". I am not a negative person with a vindictive personality. I just feel like before I moved there nobody told me the truth about a place that was very difficult to live in.. I don't want other people to experience the same thing. I have now lived in two other states after my move away from California and I am totally happy.. You have to leave California to understand or maybe you can't leave and you are in denial or rich.. What is it??? Why are you such a groupie to this post??

Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 AM

Default excuse me but I don't do meds..

I am pretty much done with this thread. I have started my own post regarding the Truth about southern california for those people who have never been there and I think I made my point. Go ahead and have your fun, post all the great places you want, yes you have the freedom to do what you want here. Don't forget what this forum is all about. And please don't judge my lifestyle. I don't take meds. I haven't attacked your character and please give me the respect not to attack mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
He.

To Raelyn: People are free to post any part of OC they feel like. If there aren't enough non-glamorous shots to suit you*, then find your way to OC and head over to Delhi in Santa Ana, Crow Village in Stanton, or the La Zanja section of San Juan Capistrano and take as many as you want... then post them! It's as simple as that. There's hardly a conspiracy at work here that's keeping the gritty/non-glamorous parts of OC from being posted. Jeeze. Have you given thought to getting your meds adjusted, my dear?

* Did you catch the Garden Grove pictures earlier in this topic?

Old 05-26-2009, 03:20 AM

You mean garbage grove??? I lived there a block from a drive by shooting and a teenage boy died!! That is the mental picture that is in my memory regarding garden grove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County