Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 08:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,093,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Uhh investt, there was a drive by shooting in Garden Grove 1-block from where I lived when I used to live in Orange County... Where have u been?? My step-kids live there and they hate it.. Have you ever lived anywhere else in the country? I am not trying to be negative but Orange County has many negatives. Yes there are positives but you have to be honest about the crime. Look up statistics.... before you make comments like that. People come here for the truth.. Not a candy coated misrepresentation of something. I live there so I KNOW... Why do you think I don't live there anymore? Because it was a great place? NOT!!!
There are drive-bys all over the place. It isn't just Orange County. However, I personally do not want to raise children there. There aren't big enough yards for kids to play (we plan on having a lot of kids), it's too expensive, and I just don't find it the best place to raise kids. I would never raise kids in south county because I find it too snotty down there. No offense to anyone who lives there. I lived there for awhile, too. However, it is beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,153,267 times
Finally someone stating the truth about Orange County. Thank you psr13!!! People come to this forum for help in making relocation decisions. Making a move is a huge ordeal and I believe that people deserve the honest facts (everything) about a place. Not just the nice parts. There are nice beautiful spots in California, no doubt about it. But it is depressing to not be able to afford to live in those places unless you are rich. You always have to leave the beauty and return to the rat race and that is what it is. If I had to go back there after knowing what I know about it I would live as far inland as possible where it is less expensive and hectic. .. Maybe Rancho Cucamonga, Fallbrook. I would really research it out for a long time. For all of you who must make a move there. Ask a lot of questions, find real people who live there and talk by phone. Ask direct questions and then do a budget according to the cost of living down there. And don't forget to take note that the job market in California is really rough right now. Best of luck to all of you... Hope you can find a happy spot...

It is beautiful there (in certain spots) and Disneyland is great when it isn't busy... Go in November or when it rains.. I used to go on Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain and Star Tours over and over again because the lines were so short when it rained... Those were very fun times... Home school your kids if you have to...

Old 05-24-2009, 01:29 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Raelyn28, this is supposed to be a picture thread. Chill.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM

Hi Fontucky!! I am chillin, but I was only responding to someone at the beginning of the thread who made a comment on the pictures and then was totally reamed for being honest. I wasn't told the truth about Southern Cal before I moved there and I was very disappointed after spending hundreds of dollars and traveling with a U-Haul for almost 2,000 miles. People go to these forums because they want the truth about a location not some candy coated unrealistic Series like OC from TV. Life is just not like that for the majority of people (unless you are a movie star or rich). If there is going to be pics then someone needs to include the more realistic pics also... The traffic jams, concrete, different nationalities, smog, neighborhoods, etc. Then and only then can someone make a decision if they want to go there. Don't you agree? This is a data forum and many people are in the process of deciding where to move. It is not just a vacation forum... Sorry you think I need to chill but I am sure many people are in agreement with my opinion about this. Moving costs thousands of dollars and for me, I was stuck in California for many years unable to get out... Thank God my husband was offered a job transfer and it didn't cost us a penny or I would still be there. I have been gone for 10-years and I have never been back to OC. What does that tell you... Others should know.... The Truth. And by the way, I have friends that still live there and they say it is getting worse... So post the beautiful pics of the beach but post some reality shots also.. I dare you!! It's a picture thread, remember??

Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,447,330 times
These are from my Blackberry, so the quality isn't great and they are a little large. Sorry. We haven't had an update in a while though, so here are some pics.

This is part of the new Arbor at Lake Forest. It has revitalized a old shopping district along El Toro Rd. that nobody wanted to go to and made it a popular gathering place for food and shopping.

The evil Starbucks. This drive through Starbucks in Mission Viejo opened about one year ago. It is the only drive through one in the area and has sucked all the life and business out of the other ones [which closed]. Now this one that is near the mall, Saddleback College, and Capo Valley High always has a huge crowd.

The south end of Mission Viejo is a haven for most of the cities tax revenue: Car Dealers. This pic is Audi Mission Viejo. Also along Marguerite at the city's southern tip is Land Rover/Jaguar, Saab, Lexus, and Infiniti.

Along Marguerite, approaching the disaster that is the Marguerite/Crown Valley intersection.

This is a small neighborhood in Mission Viejo at the southwest corner of the Olympiad/La Paz intersection. It attends Philip Reilly Elementary, Newhart Middle, and Capo Valley High.

Last edited by missionhome; 05-25-2009 at 10:41 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,194,682 times
missionhome, I think there was a problem attaching the photos. Please try to repost them, I would love to see them!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Others should know.... The Truth.
Then start an OC bashing topic in the OC forum, where you can rail and complain until your head explodes. You certainly won't be alone. I'm simply requesting that you keep the pictures thread for pictures.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 PM

16 posts, read 73,128 times

Signs of the times in Orange County.

It was amusing to me. Only in Orange County (maybe in L.A., too) would you be chauffeured around in a limousine to look at foreclosures. Also, only in O.C., have I experienced valet parking at the family law court.

Last edited by amhealy; 05-25-2009 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: To explain why I posted this picture.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Fontucky I am not bashing OC. Amhealy has the right idea by posting the pic "signs of the times". I understand how some people go into denial not wanting to admit the negative aspects of California but once again other people that have never been there need to know.. Why do you say I am bashing?? I have said good things about OC. What is your problem with honestly? Is this a forum for questions about moving somewhere or do you work for a travel agency in California?? What is the big deal??

Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM

Fontucky.. take a chill pill... And live in reality..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County