Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
I love seeing Santa arrive by boat. And it is nice to see open water - our lakes are all frozen here in Minnesota.

By the way - is that a jacaranda tree in the schoolyard shot? I love them. Is this the normal time for them to bloom??? If you can get any more shots of them I would love it.

Thanks for the photo's.
Hi IloveOC!
That is a jacaranda tree indeed. They are gorgeous and we have a decent amount throughout Mission Viejo. My favorite spot is on La Paz Rd leading into the city where jacarandas line the street and median up a hill. They provide a beautiful canopy over the road. I posted some photos of this street with the trees of page 15. Here is one of the photos.

This is not normal time for them to bloom, its too cold! Most of my school pictures are from a PTSA visit in the spring to all the feeder schools into Capistrano Valley High (I'm at PTSA mom there). The district had a huge facilities overview at each campus and we met with architects and discussed facility issues at each campus. It was a chance for the PTSA and the parents to come and voice there complaints about facility issues like "not enough toilets in building A," "steps are dangerous in front of school," etc.... Three other moms and I from CVHS were invited to join the PTSA at each of our feeder schools during their facility review so I took lots of pictures of the campuses. I just didn't upload all of them to photo websites until I felt like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 02:32 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,686,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I just took these from the top of my street because I had a busy morning, but here are some pictures of the snow that formed on Saddleback Mountain from Mission Viejo. Hopefully it won't all melt too soon.

Hey these pics were amazing in fact you and me probably took some pics 2 weeks ago when that cold storm came and dumped snow and the Santa ana ranges where snow doesn't really fall.It was a moment of Excitement for me b/c we never get snow on those hills.i Was in Riverside and that Old ugly rocky hill that says " CA" on it next to UCR Also had snow or ice on it but all the way at the top.I Was amazed b/c the snow levels must have been low then.Maybe next year it might snow on flat land.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:49 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Anyone want anything semi-specific? I live near Irvine/NB area and am off of work tomorrow. This will give me a reason to get out and do something. The weather has been great (albeit a bit warm for my taste right now). Let me know.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Seal Beach or Newport Harbor or Dana Point or the nice areas of Brea, La Habra, Fullerton,, and Anaheim like close to the mountains.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,100,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Anyone want anything semi-specific? I live near Irvine/NB area and am off of work tomorrow. This will give me a reason to get out and do something. The weather has been great (albeit a bit warm for my taste right now). Let me know.
I would love to see some pictures of the Back Bay in Newport Beach and some ocean/beach shots would be great.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I would love to see some pictures of the Back Bay in Newport Beach and some ocean/beach shots would be great.
Of course, it's overcast today. But I'll see what great shots I can get. This will at least get me out and seeing something pretty.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM

Default Some Newport Beach photos

It was an ugly hazy day when I went out on Friday, but here's some Bay photos. The grainy ones are from Saturday, from my phone.

These are of Newport Back Bay (I believe it'd be considered Upper Back Bay).

And this is a shot of Newport Coast

Balboa Harbor (is that the name of it?) from the Fun Zone

Balboa Pier

Sunset from the pier

Beach from the pier

And finally, something of the norm in NB. If you cant tell what it is, it's an Audi R8. I believe the car is over $100k. (Me and my husband, sadly, always see Bentley's. Dime a dozen. Scary)

Hope you enjoyed. I need to get out and take more photos.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
Loved them, great job! It is fun to see some the coastal communities for a change, they have so much to offer and are very pretty. I have always loved the nature and the birds in Back Bay. Nice to see something not covered with a strip mall.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,100,711 times
psichick,

Those are great photos (even for a foggy hazy day)!!! I just absolutely love the Back Bay it's one of my favorite places. Oh and the beach shot, I would love to be walking on that right now. I can feel my feet in the sand in that one photo you took.

~Roma

Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Heisler Park, Laguna Beach:

Huntington Beach Pier:

Laguna sunset:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County