Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times

Advertisements

A California tradition, In-N-Out has some of the best burgers in all of California, if you don't mind the wait. This location is in Laguna Niguel.
IMG]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/jf4photo/sample001-1.jpg[/IMG]

Some quick pics of the lovely Mission Ridge neighborhood in Mission Viejo. Its a great neighborhood with views of the MV Country Club.

I love all the trees in this neighborhood
[IMG][/IMG]

Into the neighborhood. Lots of nice remodels in here.
[IMG][/IMG]

The redo on the left was nice

Nice wide cul-de-sacs

Entrance to the newer Califia development in Mission Viejo

This is one of several entrances into Pacific Hills, a huge newer development in MV

This is the entrance to Stoneridge in MV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
missionhome, if Mission Ridge is the neighborhood I'm thinking of, it's the hilltop one to the right of MVCC in this old pic, correct?
Attached Thumbnails
PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTY-mvphase2_73.jpg  

Old 10-21-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
missionhome, if Mission Ridge is the neighborhood I'm thinking of, it's the hilltop one to the right of MVCC in this old pic, correct?
That is exactly the neighborhood the pictures are of, you are spot on. Cool pic by the way! It is weird to see how undeveloped everything was! Nothing even stretched past Marguerite in that photo. Today you can go all the way to the base of Saddleback Mountain with continuous development. Very neat to see.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
That's what I thought, however I'd forgotten the name over the years. Mission Ridge is one of my favorite older MV neighborhoods. It is just flat beautiful up on that hill, and always catches the on-shore breeze after 1pm.

That is an amazing pic. I have a few more I'll post, even older, as in one that's pre-development MV.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:02 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Link to another thread with photos of Fountain Valley:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/orang...hoto-tour.html

Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 22,974 times
i am francis nah , male seeking life partner(female)i am 26 year, it donot matter your age i accept 19-45years. i currently in liberia.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 22,974 times
francis email , [EMAIL="francisnah2003@yahoo.com"]francisnah2003@yahoo.com[/EMAIL], i look forward to hear from some member, please spear the good news.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Mission Viejo as the sun sets:

This is near the northern tip of Mission Viejo in the Trabuco Hills High School area.

This is sort of a weird neighborhood in MV. The homes are sort of cute East Coast cape code style homes, but they look really pre-fab. They look like they came off trucks and got dropped on the ground. It also is the least expensive neighborhood in the entire city for a non-attached home. They are billed as condos for tax purposes, but do not share any walls.

Typical of the 70's homes:

Linda Vista Park

Another sample home:

Saddleback Lanes Bowling Alley in Village Center

Looking Down well manicured Muirlands

Typical MV single story:

Looking towards the Crown Valley Corridor: The large building at the bottom is the Kaleidoscope Courtyards Entertainment Center, the white buildings are part of the Mission Hospital campus, the red tile roof sticking out on the right is the tip of the Shops at Mission Viejo Mall, and on the hills in the far back is the community of Ladera Ranch.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Lovely Laguna Niguel. Great temperatures and central to both inland and coastal South OC.
This is a lovely little neighborhood in Laguna Niguel at the corner of Aliso Creek and La Paz with charming tutor track homes.

Promenade shopping center at Aliso Creek and la Paz

Sort of a Laguna Niguel landmark, "The Ziggurat" (really called The Chet Holifield Federal Government Building) is a federal building in Laguna Niguel home to millions of microfilms as documents of land agreements between American and the original Indian Tribes of the southwest United States. It is also home to the Western Regional Department of Homeland Security and the California Service Center of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
http://static3.bareka.com/photos/medium/14837634.jpg (broken link)

Hillcrest Estates in Laguna Niguel

The Saddleback Valley from Laguna Niguel

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 AM

342 posts, read 1,427,822 times
Hey Missionhome ~ Thanks for the great shots of the area. I really enjoy seeing the picturess and I know it takes time to go out and get them. It looks like a very well kept up area. Are most of the neighborhoods well maintained? And a question - in one of the photo's of a gray house there is a really huge tree trunk. Do you know what kind of tree that is? It is so huge, it must be pretty old but I love the unusual trunk formation.

My daughter has a very old huge oak tree behind her house it makes the most awesom pictures because of the size and the texture of the truck with cracks and layers.

I am going to do some research on your area and neighborhoods. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County