Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times

Advertisements

I got one question, how did this cool thread went from beautiful pictures of OC to the pics of that ugly old hag Ivana?

What the heck happened??

Where are the mods when you need 'em?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
Pictures:

Howie's Game Shack, Kaleidoscope Courtyards in Mission Viejo
- I don't feel comfortable around this place and don't like it as it is swarming with teens and kids, part of the problem at the Kaleidoscope with juveniles getting in trouble. It has hundreds of computers and video game consoles and the kids pay to use to play others in the store and they pump the kids with energy drinks.

^Yuck! Send your kids here to be brainwashed.

Recently opend in the Kaleidoscope is "The Derby" with live music and entertainment and probably one of the few places catering to adults that stays open LATE in suburban Mission Viejo. It has been very popular because adults have previously had to head to a beach city, but now there is at least one place in the city.

Ocean Ranch Village in Laguna Niguel

Entrance to Ocean Ranch in Laguna Niguel. Ocean Ranch is a part of "Bear Brand at Laguna Niguel", but has its own gated entrance and larger custom homes specializing in ocean views.

Laguna Niguel is a lovely city. It is 15 minutes or less from the beach and has beautiful rolling hills. Laguna Niguel Regional Park and Lake is in the center.

Plaza de la Paz in Laguna Niguel at La Paz Rd/Pacific Park. Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Laguna Hills meet at this intersection.

Dana Hills High, of Capistrano Unified, is a high achieving school in Dana Point. It serves most of Dana Point and roughly half of Laguna Niguel. The school has a Health Sciences Program, South Orange County School of the Arts Program, and strong AP program. It is well known for its top ranking cross country and track program in athletics, often in the top 10 in the country.

City of Dana Point in the country club like expensive Monarch Beach area home to Salt Creek Beach and the Ritz Carlton and St. Regis Hotels and Golf Links.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,918 times
Thanks for the great shots MISSIONHOME. I was hoping you would get out there again.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
Thanks for the great shots MISSIONHOME. I was hoping you would get out there again.

Especially valuable are the captions to go along with the photos.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:46 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
Winter is fast approaching, Getting ready to hibernate in the northeast. I look forward to seeing more pics here.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
The tremendously popular Microsoft Store at the Shops at Mission Viejo Mall. It is the second Microsoft store in the country to open and 1st in CA. People from all over the Southland are coming to check it out.

The central atrium is decked out in Microsoft colors.

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor opened in the former Ocean's 33 location in the mall, off the Food Court next to PF Chang's.

Soka University, Aliso Viejo

Oso Regional Park separating the valley home to Rancho Santa Margarita from Mission Viejo.

RSM

El Niguel Country Club, Laguna Niguel

Old 11-28-2009, 03:47 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Nice. As a Dana Hills alum and former member at El Niguel I salute you!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,918 times
Thanks for the great shots. I always need my "fix" of So California photo's - especially this time of the year.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
We had a pretty clear couple of days recently and I managed to get a picture of the Santa Ana Mountains from Aliso Viejo. This is four frames stitched together in Photoshop.

Last edited by EscapeCalifornia; 08-09-2011 at 12:30 AM..

Old 11-29-2009, 02:26 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I've lived in S CA my entire life, but I need to explore my state a lot more & these pictures in this thread mk me want to do that. I just don't go past a certain local area & I should!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County