Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:50 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times

Advertisements

Good pizza is "on the tongue of the beholder". My honey loves pizza that I can't stand and vice versa. I like saucy, thin crust pizza with sweet sauce. She likes cheesy pizza with unsweet sauce. We can never agree on where to order from ect. It's really a matter of personal taste. Some swear by Old Forge Pizza. I don't hate it, but if I had a choice... I'd much rather have pizza from one of my hometown favorites. As far as Old Forge, I always liked Anthony's, not really for thier pizza, but because of thier delicious italian dinners and the cozy, romantic atmosphere. I don't know if any of you enjoy escargot (snails). It sounds gross, and it freaks my wife out, but Anthony's does them best. Very tender and very garlicky. I better stop I'm getting hungry now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 05:10 AM

4 posts, read 18,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Good pizza is "on the tongue of the beholder".
That's one of the great things about this area here....almost too many different styles of pizza to choose from....

...speaking of "different", how about Cebula's in Dupont (yep - props to the hometown lol)....no toppings, little pricy, heart attack levels of cheese...but oh so good...

Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I always liked Revello's in Old Forge, but they are way overpriced anymore.....15 bucks for a plain tray! (used to be 12 bucks, which is still pricey, but 15 the last time ordered it is the last straw, no more Revello's for me unless someone else is paying) That's highway robbery in my book.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 AM

12 posts, read 22,454 times
I really enjoy the thin crust pizza from Sabatini's and The Dough Company. As far as Old Forge style, I've really only ever had Victory Pig and Sizzle Pi, with Sizzle Pi getting the nod if anything for their cheaper prices.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I always liked Revello's in Old Forge, but they are way overpriced anymore.....15 bucks for a plain tray! (used to be 12 bucks, which is still pricey, but 15 the last time ordered it is the last straw, no more Revello's for me unless someone else is paying) That's highway robbery in my book.

Wow, $15.00 for pizza that is on the level, maybe lower than convenience store pizza? That really is highway robbery, they should be shutdown!!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:26 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Wow, $15.00 for pizza that is on the level, maybe lower than convenience store pizza? That really is highway robbery, they should be shutdown!!!!

I disagree with you on that. Its great pizza.....but $15 is a little steep for pizza to me.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 PM

904 posts, read 2,054,506 times
Nobody should knock Old Forge pizza until they try Mancuso's. (Oak St off Main) I had a tray of their red last week, and it was was FRICKIN' DELICIOUS.

Try it and then knock it all you want, and I'll know your taste bads are broken.

Also had some Rinaldi's white which earned them a spot in my top 3.

Blip's authoritative list of top OF red-
1 Mancuso's
2 Brutico's
3 Ghigiarelli's / Amadeo's (tie)

top OF white-
1 Anthony's
2 Rinaldi's
3 Salerno's

There you are.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenMadre View Post
That's one of the great things about this area here....almost too many different styles of pizza to choose from....

...speaking of "different", how about Cebula's in Dupont (yep - props to the hometown lol)....no toppings, little pricy, heart attack levels of cheese...but oh so good...
Hello fello Duponter! I live just over the township line in Butler Heights! One of my neighbors is the co-owner of Cebula's. I've never been fond of their pizza, but then again I don't stray much from Tony's!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Sen. Clinton ate there. Of course they're going to be charging higher prices for that "novelty" now. I always thought the Scranton Cooper's was overpriced as well for the sub-par (in my opinion) seafood that they served.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:35 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Sen. Clinton ate there. Of course they're going to be charging higher prices for that "novelty" now. I always thought the Scranton Cooper's was overpriced as well for the sub-par (in my opinion) seafood that they served.
I think Red Lobster is better than Cooper's. For good seafood, try the Harbor House on Keyser Avenue. Much better than Cooper's. Of course we don't have the luxury here of having good seafood places like I used to frequent on Long Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania