Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 09:39 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,405,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
I've always thought Winston-Salem looked very urban due to the dramatic juxtaposition of the downtown tall buildings to the old, narrow, original I-40 running right beside it with dangerous inclines/declines that are forbidden now.

You know Cesar Pelli also designed that rounded top former Wachovia headquarters in addition to the Taj McColl (BofA) in Charlotte.

Both amazing signature towers. The Winston Salem WF Towers is one of my favorite buildings in the world. Classy, stately but not gawdy or trying too hard

Old 05-06-2018, 06:27 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,444,587 times
I think some times on this NC Development Thread we forget cities like Greensboro and Winston Salem that has project that are going on too. I hope they can give us more information on what is going on there.

We learn a lot about Greenville when they started posting.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
I think some times on this NC Development Thread we forget cities like Greensboro and Winston Salem that has project that are going on too. I hope they can give us more information on what is going on there.

We learn a lot about Greenville when they started posting.

It’s not really forgetting. It’s just there’s a lot more going on in the triangle and Charlotte.

SouthEnd has bigger developments, way more developments, 3 office towers Like project slugger and a 25 floor apartment tower that will be underway soon. Those go nearly unmentioned completely.

This week it was found out a 20 floor Moxy hotel was going in uptown, and I think you only briefly mentioned it.

Beyond the dozens of 5 floor apartment buildings with great ground level retail and such, here are the taller and more significant developments in SouthEnd.

It just is what it is when it comes to CLT & RDU getting more representation. As long as people aren’t repeating information over and over again.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:15 PM

4,621 posts, read 6,455,310 times
I would like to see a Charlotte skyline rendition with all the proposed and under construction towers.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:50 PM

Here is the future sky line by RDF21 less the power lines. Shot from South Park Mall, It does not show 1project that are not shown due to their location.
You can see FNB tower but it is hard to see.

WSOC Coper shot of uptown Charlotte last week.

Last edited by CLT1985; 05-06-2018 at 04:07 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I would like to see a Charlotte skyline rendition with all the proposed and under construction towers.

There’s a few out there But it’s impossible to get the new towers in a shot because one view you have 3 or so buildings up to nearly 40 floors completes our of view, and pretty much the same for every view.

Here’s one RickyDavis poster Made up of FNB Tower, Ally, JW Marriott, and the 2 20 floor apartment towers on the left of the skyline and on the far right 30+ floor Market 42 apartment tower.

Good chunk of towers missing because of obstructed views though.

And it doesn’t show what is rumored to be one of our new tallest, Duke Energy Center #2 which is supposedly supposed to have more details in the summer.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:59 PM

6,164 posts, read 7,243,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
There’s a few out there But it’s impossible to get the new towers in a shot because one view you have 3 or so buildings up to nearly 40 floors completes our of view, and pretty much the same for every view.

Here’s one RickyDavis poster Made up of FNB Tower, Ally, JW Marriott, and the 2 20 floor apartment towers on the left of the skyline and on the far right 30+ floor Market 42 apartment tower.

Good chunk of towers missing because of obstructed views
And it doesn’t show what is rumored to be one of our new tallest, Duke Energy Center #2 which is supposedly supposed to have more details in the summer.

Amazing how much Charlotte's skyline has changed since I was a student at UNC Charlotte more than 20 years ago

Old 05-07-2018, 02:22 PM

South Park Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=XJJwORChtNU

Old 05-07-2018, 05:28 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,520,531 times
Raleigh's skyline is changing as more construction projects come to downtown | News & Observer

Nobody really know what's going on at N&O for sure right now. So that's obviously not included. Also for some reason the AC Hotel and Origin Hotel aren't listed? Lots of smaller projects missing also. But it's a nice list of "Major" projects.

Also Moore Square park is well underway and Bikeshare Raleigh should be launching very soon. I'm curious to see how the electronic assisted bikes work personally.

Also missing from the list is Morgan Street food hall. Maybe it will open before I retire and move to Florida!! I passed by there yesterday it's coming along slowly. The entire Warehouse District looks great. Can't wait to see all the retail spaces in the Dillion and Union Station open in a few months.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Raleigh's skyline is changing as more construction projects come to downtown | News & Observer

Nobody really know what's going on at N&O for sure right now. So that's obviously not included. Also for some reason the AC Hotel and Origin Hotel aren't listed? Lots of smaller projects missing also. But it's a nice list of "Major" projects.

Also Moore Square park is well underway and Bikeshare Raleigh should be launching very soon. I'm curious to see how the electronic assisted bikes work personally.

Also missing from the list is Morgan Street food hall. Maybe it will open before I retire and move to Florida!! I passed by there yesterday it's coming along slowly. The entire Warehouse District looks great. Can't wait to see all the retail spaces in the Dillion and Union Station open in a few months.

I Agree with this lady:

Quote:

Kay Crowder, who has said she thinks bike share programs should be addressed by the private sector, cast the only vote against the contract’s approval Tuesday. The City Council had voted last year to pursue its own bike share program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina