Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 01:26 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Actually there were changes in the Greensboro updated photos. In the first post other projects were included and not in the second post. And also I don't post pictures every two days. Actually there is very little of Greensboro and Winston-Salem being posted in this thread on a regular basis.

But whether its 2 or 10 photos, I think It can get a pass considering that there isn't as much development going on as there is in Charlotte or Raleigh and much of what is posted is in those two cities. So its a breath of fresh air for some to see some development from other NC cities. If a few have a problem with it, ignore it and move on. Believe me I've ignored a lot lol. But everyone has a right to post NC development updates whether its one photo or ten of the same development. I think some have just gotten comfortable or use to seeing nothing but Charlotte or Raleigh development in this thread and they dont like seeing there posts bumped down by a lot of photos.
Well don't take it the wrong way like anybody has a problem with you posting updates. As usual, some members of this forum use the internet veil to be unnecessarily brash or just lack tactfulness all together. This thread obviously is open for all NC development. It has nothing to do with Charlotte or Raleigh, the complaint is just having a large amount of very very repetitive pictures about projects that haven't seen significant changes. You say you have to ignore numerous posts about Raleigh and Charlotte. Ok. Now imagine if every project had a ton of pictures posted with just slightly different angles or once a week when a new floor went up or they finally started glass etc etc. That's all we're talking about here. It's not that nobody wants to know, it's just overkill.

But again you're free to do as you please.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:25 PM

459 posts, read 373,418 times
Epic Games adding 2000 workers to their boring suburban strip mall headquarters in Cary, NC.

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/10...new-employees/

Old 10-04-2019, 05:06 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,148,293 times
16 story appartments coming to Ballentyne.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:22 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
A pallet manufacturer is planning to build a plant in Dunn and create 50 jobs.

https://jocoreport.com/pallet-manufa...-jobs-in-dunn/

Old 10-04-2019, 08:38 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,599 times

Speaking of TopGolf, Charlotte’s second location is finally under construction in University City.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:31 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
As much construction photos there are of Charlotte and Raleigh DOMINATING this thread, I think there is room for frequent Greensboro photo updates as well. Just ignore it like I ignore posts that are not of interest of me. But this is the North Carolina Development thread, not the Charlotte and Raleigh development thread.
I didn't mean to be rude, and some Charlotte posters do like to post photos of construction fences and holes in the ground....

but everyone probably has little time to visit this thread in their daily lives, and it's nice to see concise new information with each post.

Months ago I wanted to say if I see that Hyatt Place or whatever in Greensboro one more time I'm gonna scream, lol.

The readers here are adults and probably remember what things look like and remember the details after seeing one or two posts.

For the most part the Raleigh projects are seen once or twice and that's it.

We have seen the Charlotte towers a few more times and that's probably enough too.

If you're ignoring the Charlotte and Raleigh projects then you're on this thread for the wrong reasons.

Greensboro used to be the 2nd most populous city in the state, and it's firmly cemented in my mind as equal to Raleigh for that matter.

It's a big city to me coming from Louisburg.

All of Southern VA thinks the Triad is the big, cosmopolitan city also!

Old 10-04-2019, 11:35 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,850,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
I didn't mean to be rude, and some Charlotte posters do like to post photos of construction fences and holes in the ground....

but everyone probably has little time to visit this thread in their daily lives, and it's nice to see concise new information with each post.

Months ago I wanted to say if I see that Hyatt Place or whatever in Greensboro one more time I'm gonna scream, lol.

The readers here are adults and probably remember what things look like and remember the details after seeing one or two posts.

For the most part the Raleigh projects are seen once or twice and that's it.

We have seen the Charlotte towers a few more times and that's probably enough too.

If you're ignoring the Charlotte and Raleigh projects then you're on this thread for the wrong reasons.

Greensboro used to be the 2nd most populous city in the state, and it's firmly cemented in my mind as equal to Raleigh for that matter.

It's a big city to me coming from Louisburg.

All of Southern VA thinks the Triad is the big, cosmopolitan city also!
I loled.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:06 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
Here is some rather interesting news about Greensboro, Regarding the NASDAQ opening an office here.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/mobile/art...0-fbaa8edbcdeb
Quote:
GREENSBORO, N.C. — As of Oct. 1, Nasdaq, Inc., with more than 4,000 corporate listings worldwide and a market value of roughly $14 trillion, has an office in Greensboro.

Center for Board Excellence founder and CEO Byron Loflin struggled to contain his enthusiasm for Greensboro's business community Thursday, when speaking with the Triad Business Journal about NASDAQ's acquisition of his firm.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:54 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
That’s what happens when projects actually get built instead of staying in the proposed or announced phase.

OT: Here’s a link with more information regarding Charlotte’s second TopGolf location, which is very difficult to achieve, some cities can’t even get one off the ground.
https://www.wsoctv.com/amp/news/loca...otte/931485320

Old 10-05-2019, 07:04 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Project Slugger Greensboro up to floor 6 ( different photo angles) and no not the same as the last because it's going up fast.

Architect. I didn't say I was ignoring the Charlotte/Raleigh projects but there are others than can "go over board" but no big deal to me. I don't make a fuss about it. That's what I meant about ignoring and I didn't necessarily mean it in a bad way. Ive seen rehashing of Charlotte and Raleigh renderings/photos in this thread. We all are excited about projects in our cities. We just need to respect that. Its certainly better than some of the negative things that has gone on in other threads. I think its great that we are all engaged in the progress of North Carolina city and statewide development. But naturally people are going to be more interested in development in their own city whether its Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem or Greenville, NC. I've seen people get excited about development in smaller cities and towns that we wouldn't even mention in the larger city forums and there is nothing wrong with that at all. And this is not addressing you or Trent but a new 9 or 10 story office building in Greensboro may not sound exciting to some one from Charlotte who posts about a new 40 story office tower there. But from my perspective it is and that's what some people need to respect. There was a time nothing was happening in downtown Greensboro so you can understand the excitement from my point of view all that is happening today.

But I'll try to tone down the number of photos in this thread on one given development.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 10-05-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina