Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2020, 04:08 PM

569 posts, read 342,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfalz View Post
It will be interesting to see if the bailout of the hotel industry covers only operations or if these capital projects will also be saved. Unfortunately, I think most projects that haven't broken ground will be casualties of the corona virus.
If we enter a major recession, then it's possible that some projects get delayed, or even cancelled. However, I think that it's a bit premature to think that we will have another crisis as severe as the 2008-2009 Great Recession, and that's what it would likely take for stuff to get delayed or cancelled IMO.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,196,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
If we enter a major recession, then it's possible that some projects get delayed, or even cancelled. However, I think that it's a bit premature to think that we will have another crisis as severe as the 2008-2009 Great Recession, and that's what it would likely take for stuff to get delayed or cancelled IMO.
There are a lot of adults today (under 35) whose only real reference to a recession is 2008, and that's not the norm in terms of typical recessions. Previous more recent recessions were short and mild in comparison. I seem to remember that the recession of 2001 was only really confirmed after it had ended.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
There are a lot of adults today (under 35) whose only real reference to a recession is 2008, and that's not the norm in terms of typical recessions. Previous more recent recessions were short and mild in comparison. I seem to remember that the recession of 2001 was only really confirmed after it had ended.
That's true. The 2008 recession was unusually severe, world wide, and not typical. Generally the "typical" recessions don't have a major impact (if any) in this area.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:17 AM

459 posts, read 374,504 times
The 35-story Walter Tower at North Hills has official started construction today as announced by Kane Realty on Facebook. It will be the fourth tallest tower in Raleigh until 121 Fayetteville or perhaps some of the other announced projects become finalized.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:21 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
The 35-story Walter Tower at North Hills has official started construction today as announced by Kane Realty on Facebook. It will be the fourth tallest tower in Raleigh until 121 Fayetteville or perhaps some of the other announced projects become finalized.
I wonder if the crane from the AAP tower will be used for this as I imagine it's going to be coming down very soon. Would be pretty convenient to just move the crane next door.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:37 PM

459 posts, read 374,504 times
Huge change to the Downtown Raleigh skyline coming:

Triangle Business Journal reporting a big semi-new project in Downtown Raleigh.

A key piece of downtown Raleigh property immediately next to the Performing Arts Center will host a cluster of buildings.

* One 20-story mixed-use tower

* One 20-story residential tower

* 150 room, 6 story hotel.

* One 4-story low income housing with 63 units anchoring the projects parking structure.

Phase 1 construction starts at the end of this year!

I believe 2020 is Raleigh's Red Letter Day! So much steady development.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I noticed, last week, that the site work had already started. Kane doesn't waste any time, that's for sure.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:

A key piece of downtown Raleigh property immediately next to the Performing Arts Center will host a cluster of buildings.

* One 4-story low income housing with 63 units anchoring the projects parking structure.

I was not familiar with this project. Dominion was the developer behind the FNB tower.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:33 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,964,964 times
Quote:

This really reminds of the Carroll mixeduse project here.

1 20 story tower
1 12 story hotel
1 8 story parking garage
3 6 story condominiums

Actually I see a lot of cities bundling large projects these days.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:24 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,954 times
Quote:

Just adding the renderings. This is the parcel right next to the Performing Arts Center.

Project is called "Salisbury Square"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina