Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 04:06 PM

569 posts, read 341,286 times

Advertisements

Dominion is very strong: Charter Square Tower, FNB Tower, PNC Tower etc. They have a good track record in DT Raleigh, and Charlotte too. I didn't see this one coming.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:24 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
This really reminds of the Carroll mixeduse project here.

1 20 story tower
1 12 story hotel
1 8 story parking garage
3 6 story condominiums

Actually I see a lot of cities bundling large projects these days.
This certainly seems to be the case for Raleigh. The multi-building Dillon project was recently completed, and the 3 (possibly 4) phase Smoky Hollow project is nearing completion of its first two phases. The Raleigh Crossing project is under construction with its first of 3 towers, The Nexus project will bring 4 more towers within the context of a unified project to the former News&Observer block. Then we have the two tower city-led project in the very core of downtown that's out for RFI right now, and the city is slowly moving forward on a multi-tower civic campus next to Nash Square. This list doesn't even include the stand alone projects that are also proposed. If all goes forward, Raleigh will be a completely different city by 2025.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
This certainly seems to be the case for Raleigh. The multi-building Dillon project was recently completed, and the 3 (possibly 4) phase Smoky Hollow project is nearing completion of its first two phases. The Raleigh Crossing project is under construction with its first of 3 towers, The Nexus project will bring 4 more towers within the context of a unified project to the former News&Observer block. Then we have the two tower city-led project in the very core of downtown that's out for RFI right now, and the city is slowly moving forward on a multi-tower civic campus next to Nash Square. This list doesn't even include the stand alone projects that are also proposed. If all goes forward, Raleigh will be a completely different city by 2025.
Also - One Glenwood (or whatever it's called) should be included on this list. North Hills too, although it's not in downtown.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:49 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I hope to say the same for Greensboro when everything is finished, due to Greensboros smaller skyline, 10 new structures in the CBD is going to be a very dramatic change.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:32 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Downtown Greensboro
Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts

400 Bellemeade

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-12-2020 at 03:44 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 05:43 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Downtown Greensboro
Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts
Man I gotta say I really love the way they did the alignment of the lights in the ceiling there. That coupled with the shear simplicity of there just being "red" for seating is just great. Nice job to their designers/architects.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:55 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
I like the idea of this thread, but to be honest I think it might struggle because it's simply too broad. Look at all the development already happening around NC! Perhaps dedicated development threads for each city would be easier to follow; there are already similar threads for Greensboro and Winston-Salem, so why not start additional ones for Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Wilmington, and the like?
Brunswick County is the fasted growing county in the state, and very high nationwide.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:56 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Man I gotta say I really love the way they did the alignment of the lights in the ceiling there. That coupled with the shear simplicity of there just being "red" for seating is just great. Nice job to their designers/architects.
The seats are nice and wide for people who are a little larger. They are made of white oak I believe. The ceiling lights are actually count down lights before performances. Pretty cool. One major difference between the Tanger Center and DPAC is that DPAC has two main balconies where the Tanger has one. But at the same time, the Tanger Center has more seats. Tanger Center organizers were more concerned with sight lines which is why there isn't a second main balcony. Kudos to the architects for being able to squeeze 3,000 roomy seats in that space and they are all good seats with great views.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-13-2020 at 01:19 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Brunswick County is the fasted growing county in the state, and very high nationwide.
Percentage wise, it is the "fastest" growing, but nowhere close in terms of actual numbers of people.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:19 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Developments in Brunswick County would be discussed in the Wilmington subforum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina