Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 10:02 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,415,554 times

Advertisements

Comparing Raleigh to a town that probably the vast majority of Charlotte hasn’t even heard of? Maybe people from Raleigh know Greenville since it’s closer.... I’m not even sure what Greenville NC is other than it’s not Greenville, SC.

I think Austin is a good precursor to an extent.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:39 AM

3,087 posts, read 4,882,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Comparing Raleigh to a town that probably the vast majority of Charlotte hasn’t even heard of? Maybe people from Raleigh know Greenville since it’s closer.... I’m not even sure what Greenville NC is other than it’s not Greenville, SC.

I didnt compare the two cities or size of their downtowns. I stated that I didnt think Raleigh's downtown, relatively speaking, would see transformative changes in 10-15 years from what it is now, whereas Greenville's will.

Maybe you should make a trip to see other places that are growing. Its not just Charlotte and Raleigh areas that are growing. Specifically check out Greenville and Wilmington.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:05 AM

71 posts, read 60,974 times
Quote:

What in the world? Do we have to specify to Charlatans that when we mention Fayetteville, we aren’t talking about the Razorbacks of Arkansas?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCSC View Post
What in the world? Do we have to specify to Charlatans that when we mention Fayetteville, we aren’t talking about the Razorbacks of Arkansas?

We all know Fayetteville, for better or worse. But Greenville? NC? I didn’t even know it was a place until a year or so ago. I’m more familiar with western NC. Hickory, Hendersonville, etc.

Yeah. No. Greenville will not transform any more than all the other Greenville’s in the world (maybe less than Greensville SC) nor will it transform more than Raleigh by any stretch of the imagination.

Feel free to post about the developments or transformative things taking place of Greenville, North Carolina. I’d be interested to know. I’m operatong under the assumption it’s just a town not along the I85 corridor until proven otherwise.

Do you realize how much bigger Raleigh will be in 15 years? Probably more than an entire Greenville. It’s going to be transformative

Last edited by Charlotte485; 04-05-2018 at 11:36 AM..

Old 04-05-2018, 11:37 AM

71 posts, read 60,974 times
Greenville is home to one of the largest universities in the state, including one of the four medical schools in the state. We aren’t talking Goldsboro or Sanford here. I really have no idea what any transformation of their downtown will be like, but I don’t know what to say. I’m going to assume you aren’t a NC native. If you are, I’d write your Meck school board because they failed you when you learned about the state in 4th grade.

Last edited by JeepCSC; 04-05-2018 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCSC View Post
Greenville is home to one of the largest universities in the state, including one of the four medical schools in the state. We aren’t talking Goldsboro or Sanford here. I really have no idea what any transformation of their downtown will like, but I don’t know what to say. I’m going to assume you aren’t a NC native. If you are, I’d write your Meck school board because they failed you when you learned about the state in 4th grade.

I was searching the metro population size. Apparently there is also a Jacksonville NC that is a larger metro area. I didn’t even know there was a Jacksonville NC....

I know a lot of cities. But these two for some reason slip the radar. SC and Western NC towns I’m more familiar with. Eastern NC outside of Wilmington & OBX doesn’t even register through my mind.

Either way. A quick google search. Greenville North Carolina won’t transform more than downtown, midtown, RTP, or anywhere Raleigh

Old 04-05-2018, 12:30 PM

513 posts, read 514,436 times
This is the NC Development thread. Not everything has to be compared to somewhere else.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:12 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,449,391 times
As a eastern city Wilmington is a southeastern city and probably the largest city east of I-95 in North Carolina. I do not think Greenville or Rocky Mount will catch up with Wilmington in growth.. UNCW -15,918

Charlotte has 2 of the top 5 colleges and universities in enrollment in North Carolina.
1- NC State - Raleigh 39,135
2- Central Piedmont Community College Charlotte- 31,896
3-UNC Chapel Hill - 31,614
4-UNCC - Charlotte - 30,835
5-ECU- Greenville - 30,441

List of the Largest Colleges in North Carolina
https://collegestats.org/colleges/no...olina/largest/

Old 04-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
We all know Fayetteville, for better or worse. But Greenville? NC? I didn’t even know it was a place until a year or so ago. I’m more familiar with western NC. Hickory, Hendersonville, etc.

Yeah. No. Greenville will not transform any more than all the other Greenville’s in the world (maybe less than Greensville SC) nor will it transform more than Raleigh by any stretch of the imagination.

Feel free to post about the developments or transformative things taking place of Greenville, North Carolina. I’d be interested to know. I’m operatong under the assumption it’s just a town not along the I85 corridor until proven otherwise.

Do you realize how much bigger Raleigh will be in 15 years? Probably more than an entire Greenville. It’s going to be transformative
We are talking about downtown's.

Please try to keep up. And your ignorance is showing.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
As a eastern city Wilmington is a southeastern city and probably the largest city east of I-95 in North Carolina. I do not think Greenville or Rocky Mount will catch up with Wilmington in growth.. UNCW -15,918

Charlotte has 2 of the top 5 colleges and universities in enrollment in North Carolina.
1- NC State - Raleigh 39,135
2- Central Piedmont Community College Charlotte- 31,896
3-UNC Chapel Hill - 31,614
4-UNCC - Charlotte - 30,835
5-ECU- Greenville - 30,441

List of the Largest Colleges in North Carolina
https://collegestats.org/colleges/no...olina/largest/
Greenville never will because both are growing fast. But its the 10th largest city in the State, Wilmington is 8th. Wilmington used to be 10th and Greenville 12th, but both have moved up and are rapidly adding population.

Their downtown's have seen significant investment. Not as much in height like a major city, but overall in terms of streetscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina