Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 06:41 PM

22,672 posts, read 19,361,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
No. Not at all. What we're all wondering is whether this scene from your ongoing family drama sprang bit by bit from your unconscious, the source of what the character played by you really wanted to see happen.

... I wish I could call Taco Belle as a witness. I would begin by questioning her about her feelings towards ham....
cue the music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4wkkkaFTc

Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,554,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Then they would have been running even later, and the OP would have still been upset. Besides, some people don't like to eat in their car. Or maybe since it is also her father's house (despite what the OP seems to think), she felt comfortable with bringing food into the house.

Of course we don't know the step daughters side of the story, but there are plenty of reasons for her to eat her food inside beside "being rude on purpose"
I don't agree. The OP obviously expressed that they weren't as late as she expected. It's a simple thing to scarf down some non-food like Taco Bell in the car rather than insult the cook by bringing it in. If OP is such a stepmonster then how would SD feel comfy bringing in Taco Bell? IDK I'm not one to pick up on rudeness right away as I don't take things personally right off the bat. However, either the SD is just clueless and has never experienced the energy that goes into one of these meals and doesn't care, or she is purposefully being rude.

Last edited by katjonjj; 12-28-2015 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-28-2015, 06:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,073,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
No. Not at all. What we're all wondering is whether this scene from your ongoing family drama sprang bit by bit from your unconscious, the source of what the character played by you really wanted to see happen.
Nah, if that was the case their would have been a public shaming of the stepdaughter by all the family members. Even baby black James would have got in on the action.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:48 PM

18,289 posts, read 15,823,304 times
I think there are ways to corral and manage it when someone brings their own food. The first thing is to take that bag, box, or container of food and take it off the table and into the kitchen and put the food onto a regular dinner plate so the bag/box/container itself is not sitting there on the table making a statement. Maybe the food needs to be heated up in the microwave (a great excuse to put that food on a dinner plate first), then pop in the microwave for 1 minute. Nobody else cares what someone puts on their plate (except maybe the people hosting the event or the people who made the dinner), but there are ways mitigate the visual impact and keep some semblance of dignity.

The moment someone comes in, late, that person or people can also be taken to the spot that is designated to be theirs by their host/hostess. If that's at the kitchen island with a few others, then so be it.

Small measures like these can allow the host/hostess to have more control in an otherwise unpredictable situation and without having to just put up with it, whatever 'it' happens to be.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If OP is such a stepmonster than how would SD feel comfy bringing in Taco Bell?
Because after so many years, she probably no longer cares what her step mom thinks. Even though the OP thinks its only her house, its also the fathers house. The girl was there to visit with her father and grandparents for Christmas and so was probably only concerned about their feelings. They didn't care that she brought in Taco Bell, so that is all that mattered to step daughter.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:49 PM

i know.....the OP should print and bind all 43 pages of this thread, all 426 comments, and have them be a funny handout at the wedding! sort of like a party favor, humorous reading material at the reception to pass the time and generate fond memories and family stories!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 PM

13 posts, read 11,539 times
She cant be an adult then if she acts like a baby if shes 22.... she maybe be a young adult and still has not acted mature yet since she was just a teenager herself 5 years ago...

Old 12-28-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Nah, if that was the case their would have been a public shaming of the stepdaughter by all the family members. Even baby black James would have got in on the action.
speaking of sweet baby James, is he going to get to be the ring bearer? and what is the seating arrangement going to be at the wedding? she needs to get back to us on this, and also the wedding menu, because with our input surely many potential pitfalls will be averted and transformed

5,198 posts, read 5,293,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
You think there is drama here about bringing fast food to Xmas dinner, go to the "bring your own beer thread"

People trying to attribute it to someone else their made up stories, well this thread doesn't come close!
What?

That thread is very tame - or it was until you posted.

I think your definition of drama is someone disagreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i know.....the OP should print and bind all 43 pages of this thread, all 426 comments, and have them be a funny handout at the wedding! sort of like a party favor, humorous reading material at the reception to pass the time and generate fond memories and family stories!
Thats one way to keep step daughter away, let her know that you talk about her behind her back with strangers on the internet.

I would be mortified if anyone I knew ranted online over some trivial thing I did, even if it is all anonymous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships