Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 08:34 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Wow. Just wow. Why would you marry a person you think is oblivious?
And why would you think of trying to 'get even' with the daughter by ordering pizza?

And then you use the word manners?
Clearly, sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek humor is lost on you. I would never have pizza delivered to a wedding reception. It would at least be Chinese takeout!

Old 12-29-2015, 08:38 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And you have spent how much time here, and which area? The US is HUGE. We have different cultures, subcultures, and outlooks in the north, south, west coast, east coast, Hawaii, Alaska......

Do you have any idea how different those areas are?
not to mention the kitchen, the dining room, the island, inside the car, the drive thru lane, the wedding, the nativity scene, Denny's counter, booth, tables pushed together, card table, missing chairs, missing hams, baby James' play room with the posters of Samuel Jackson and Morgan Freeman...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Hmm..

Did you make the comment about the Taco Bell in front of your husband? Because I wonder why he didn't just say, "I told her to pick something up on the way."

I said it right in front of him, and he laughed, as did his parents. I said it in a joking way, and since they are the biggest jokesters around, they thought it was funny. DH probably thought I was just ribbing her for fun, so didn't feel the need to say anything. I'm sure you're upset that he didn't scold me.

And isn't it a good thing I kept my cool & didn't make a big deal of it, since there was a logical explanation??

You have to understand...this is a man who was telling me about a relative of his having cancer & when I asked what kind he said "it's in her chest". Wow. Breast cancer? Lung cancer? He didn't know...just knew it was somewhere in her chest. Details are his "thing".

Old 12-29-2015, 08:42 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
not to mention the kitchen, the dining room, the island, inside the car, the drive thru lane, the wedding, the nativity scene, Denny's counter, booth, tables pushed together, card table, missing chairs, missing hams, baby James' play room with the posters of Samuel Jackson and Morgan Freeman...
I love, love, love Samuel Jackson. He can be scary as sh##! I don't think his poster should be in a play room. Maybe James Earl Jones's poster and his wonderful voice reading The Cat in the Hat. Those would be much more appropriate for sweet baby James.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Then she's going to eventually tell us that she had a flaming affair with the SD's dad, breaking up his marriage to the SD's mother, and that a place for the cat was also set - on top of the island next to where she expected the SD to sit with her fiance.
and she KNOWS that SD is allergic to cats, and she had 3 different varieties of cat food on hand but only one meat for the humans and it was ham

Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But you were having Ham.... How descriptive did you want him to get? She doesn't like ham, so I doubt she cared if it was gone in, glazed, honey baked, etc...

So this whole thread was over nothing. People calling the step daughter childish, rude, a monster, etc... all because her father suggested she pick something up for herself. Seems like the father was the only one who cared that the daughter had a meal for Christmas dinner. Sounds like a great dad.
So you think all we did was sit around & gnaw on a big ham bone like a bunch of animals? Like that was literally the only thing we had to eat? Come on, now.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
You have to understand...this is a man who was telling me about a relative of his having cancer & when I asked what kind he said "it's in her chest". Wow. Breast cancer? Lung cancer? He didn't know...just knew it was somewhere in her chest.
well my insensitive ex-husband cancer comment can top yours any day of the week

when my soon-to-be-ex-husband went to visit my dad in the hospital who had just been operated on for colon cancer and while everyone else is worried and waiting to hear if he has to be on one of those ostomy bags for the rest of his life since they had to remove a portion of his colon, my soon-to-be-ex-husband says really loud to my father, "I guess now you have a semi-colon" HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-29-2015 at 08:58 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
So you think all we did was sit around & gnaw on a big ham bone like a bunch of animals? Like that was literally the only thing we had to eat? Come on, now.
save the bone. it will be a good prop for the nativity scene next year.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Wonder if the OP and any of the posters who reveled in denomizing the SD will come back and recant their words?

I won't wait up.
see talk of demons again, it's making me nervous, just like the spawn of Satan a few posts/pages ago

although now that i look closer at the spelling it is denom-izing, so maybe we're talking about blue jeans here. What was the SD wearing anyway? we have not heard what OP has to say about SDs clothing choices. this could be one of those heretofore not yet mentioned details that turns out to be crucial and we wished we'd heard on page 7 or 24 or 43 or 62 instead of way over on page 79.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Guys we are seriously off topic now so I am closing this thread. Thanks for the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.