Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 06:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,333,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
This thread has been entertaining for sure, but what a waste of time for people hoping to provide actual advice. Critical details were lacking for literally days and pages of posts. As I said about 600+ posts ago, "not that big of a deal."
There is no advice to be given the dear Taco Belle was just following her father's directive. It sounds as if the OP needs to have a discussion with her hubby. They need to communicate.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:26 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,229,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
there's a big difference though, in the USA, they'll let the dysfunction enact in your face within context of a group setting. example, the lewd fat drunk uncle tickling young girls, the daughter in law with a obvious big frown in the middle of dinner, the goth son with black lipstick. american culture shows in holidays when the culture is so about disrespect, about "schoolin you", about "how much better i am than you." in europe, though dysfunction exists (it's universal), they will do their best to at the very least try to show it doesn't exist and enact fake politeness, with cheek kisses so as to not ruin it for everyone.

another big difference between americans and europeans is there is often general consensus against american attitudes and behaviors. americans on the otherhand tend to worship the old country as if that's part of their cultureless heritage.

And you have spent how much time here, and which area? The US is HUGE. We have different cultures, subcultures, and outlooks in the north, south, west coast, east coast, Hawaii, Alaska......

Do you have any idea how different those areas are? Obviously you don't, because your post was downright funny!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-29-2015, 06:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,453,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
What are you doing? Please don't mention the dreaded and despised Mword.
Holy ____ on a shingle, what was I even thinking? Don't blame me - I'm nothing but a clueless American. And I eat ham. So I can hardly help myself.

The really weird thing about Europe is this, speaking of ironies and meat: Thanks to my stint of living across the pond, now I can't give blood, and you know why? Because I might have gotten mad cow disease from the beef I might have eaten while living there. How weird is that?

My head hurts. Feels like it has holes in it or something.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,295,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
There is no advice to be given the dear Taco Belle was just following her father's directive. It sounds as if the OP needs to have a discussion with her hubby. They need to communicate.
Big time!

Old 12-29-2015, 06:29 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,229,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xil View Post
He's not the only one.

My mind is fried. At least this thread has been such a ham.

Whoa. I didn't see that detail, and I've been paying attention!

How can it be an issue when it was her husband's idea?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-29-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And you have spent how much time here, and which area? The US is HUGE. We have different cultures, subcultures, and outlooks in the north, south, west coast, east coast, Hawaii, Alaska......

Do you have any idea how different those areas are? Obviously you don't, because your post was downright funny!
Right because everyone knows there are no pedophiles in Europe, no one ever frowns at dinner, and adolescent males never wear any weird looking clothes.

Well, maybe people DO do those things in the Land of Europeans, but if they do, it's in secret. And that makes it ever so much better.

Hell, I ain't even had that much schoolin' but even I know that Europeans do everything, even pedophilia, with more panache than Americans.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,109,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Hmm..

Did you make the comment about the Taco Bell in front of your husband? Because I wonder why he didn't just say, "I told her to pick something up on the way."

And I thought my parents were bad at communicating.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:32 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,302,870 times
Why are we talking about Europe? This thread is divided enough between missing information, black baby Jesus, and made up details.

We don't need another non-sensical tangent.

13,670 posts, read 10,068,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
FWIW, I didn't create any drama at the meal. I made a little comment about the Taco Bell, but said nothing about the seat thing. That's why I came here....to vent! Little did I know this thread would take on a life of its own.

And good thing I didn't make a big deal out of it bc guess what? It was all DH's fault! He's notorious for not providing details. In one of her texts to him, she asked what all we were having for dinner, and guess what his reply was? He said, and I quote, "Ham. Stop & get yourself some fried chicken or something."

And, she did! Lol. Guess she wasn't in the mood for chicken so she made a run for the border . No wonder, considering her dad's descriptive text!!!!
Oh boy.

This wasn't your husband's fault! You're the one who thought the worst of the kid and dissed HER all over the Internet.

And you don't even say you're mortified, or sorry, or that you feel bad, or stupid, or WRONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And I thought my parents were bad at communicating.
See - I called this about 400 posts back - "What we got here is failure to communicate."

https://youtu.be/V2f-MZ2HRHQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.