Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 08:34 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times

Advertisements

when push comes to shove, we have friends and family over to enjoy each other's company.

There is no obligation to eat/like our food, but we enjoy the sharing of meals with loved ones.

If anyone ate or brought Taco Bell, in the long run I could care less. I would certainly waste no time coming up with grudges.

I am curious: did she eat NOTHING that was served?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-27-2015, 08:36 PM

88,634 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
But people can only go by what you write...you do understand that, right TN2HSV?

And you did write that you made a ham AND your MIL brought a ham. Did you not type those very words in your original post?

Then why would you get frustrated if someone does the math and comes to the conclusion there were 2 hams at your dinner? YOU wrote it that way. You want people to read your post, but when they do and really pay attention and then have questions, that's no good either. Damned if they do / Damned if they don't.
No, she didn't. Her first post says "My MIL brought a ham..."

This thread and people's reading comprehension as well as their opinions are hilarious.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:40 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,663,728 times
You clearly don't like her and are just using this "incident" as ammunition.

You sound like an aunt of mine. She's always looking for a reason to stir up trouble or be offended by something.

I'm glad you're not a family member of mine. I would skip your house for Taco Bell every time rather than deal with your unnecessary drama.

My wife and I have hosted countless dinners for family and friends. I couldn't care less if someone brought Taco Bell to my house. I might have a laugh about it, but I certainly wouldn't get all worked up.

Thank God for first world problems.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,034,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

This thread and people's reading comprehension as well as their opinions are hilarious.
In another post she did.

The OP changes the story from post to post, its not really possible to just go off of what the first post said.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:43 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

As is the OP's changing stories, martyrdom, and exaggerations.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:47 PM

509 posts, read 555,355 times
She sat at the table with her father and grandparents, yes?
Seems to me she wasn't being rude, but rather opting to sit with those whom she was most comfortable. Why would she want to sit with your children whom she is older and never lived with? Do they even get along?

Bringing Taco bell was a bit odd, but if your husband had no issue, then this must be a learned behavior.
Honestly, it sounds like you just don't like this girl.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:48 PM

88,634 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
As is the OP's changing stories, martyrdom, and exaggerations.
It's really not about the dinner!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,654,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
You clearly don't like her and are just using this "incident" as ammunition.

You sound like an aunt of mine. She's always looking for a reason to stir up trouble or be offended by something.

I'm glad you're not a family member of mine. I would skip your house for Taco Bell every time rather than deal with your unnecessary drama.

My wife and I have hosted countless dinners for family and friends. I couldn't care less if someone brought Taco Bell to my house. I might have a laugh about it, but I certainly wouldn't get all worked up.

Thank God for first world problems.

This, there is more going on here. Maybe the girl never felt welcome in the home. She has a father who has a child so young that could be her child. That's got to be a little strange.

She may be rude, but maybe she has her reasons.

The OP said she doesn't know how the girl was raised, well you're married to her father, you never asked about his first wife, ever met her? Maybe the 22 year old has always been made to feel like an outsider?

There is more to this than Taco Bell and ham.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:52 PM

18,128 posts, read 15,704,019 times
I stand corrected. 1 ham was mentioned in the original post.

And now the OP knows her SD doesn't like ham.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM

920 posts, read 932,968 times
Sam I am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships