Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 AM

93,946 posts, read 124,759,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Someone should tell that to USA Today.... Looks like even big-nanny states like California have problems with homeless transient sex offenders.

So trash FL if you like, but don't pretend that problem only exists in FL.

Many sex offenders are often homeless - USATODAY..com
Perhaps weather plays a big part in this and it's not like FL is the most free state in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,551,787 times
I take it you have never seen the "pedophile cities" in places like Miami or Tampa ....... if you did you would know that trying to spin it is about as worthless as putting lipstick on a pig.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,359,637 times
Quote:
Someone should tell that to USA Today.... Looks like even big-nanny states like California have problems with homeless transient sex offenders.

So trash FL if you like, but don't pretend that problem only exists in FL.

Many sex offenders are often homeless - USATODAY.com
I am not trashing FL in particular.

Blame my "comment" on OPRAH, okay?

And her cohort, Lisa Ling!

http://www.oprah.com/own/Our-America-with-Lisa-Ling

FL's "camping" sex offenders were prominently featured on the OWN network's series, "Our America."

Please contact them with your "spirited" defense of the State of Florida's reputation when it comes to allowing sex offenders to squat wherever they please (as long as it's 1000 feet away from where children congregate).

Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
I take it you have never seen the "pedophile cities" in places like Miami or Tampa ....... if you did you would know that trying to spin it is about as worthless as putting lipstick on a pig.
Ah, so that is supposed to make the big nanny-state of NY that much more desirable, I take it?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 AM

93,946 posts, read 124,759,732 times
Quote:
Ah, so that is supposed to make the big nanny-state of NY that much more desirable, I take it?
Again, it is what it is. You can play the nanny state card all you want, but "freedom" a lot of times isn't as free as we think. That is what I was eluding to in the beginning when this was brought up. Just like life, you take the good with the bad.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 AM

439 posts, read 358,589 times
Honestly, if you couldn't/can't afford to live in New York, that's really you're problem...Plenty of people do. I was in the City and it was more vibrant than ever...Almost Parisian. Western New York is losing population--due to the decline of manufacturing in older-industrial cities (like Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse). New York City and the Hudson Valley have actually gained population...Honestly, if you don't understand differences with regional economic markets (in New York) you shouldn't discuss them. It makes "you" seem biased and, quite frankly, uneducated.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Honestly, if you couldn't/can't afford to live in New York, that's really you're problem...Plenty of people do.
Exactly!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Honestly, if you couldn't/can't afford to live in New York, that's really you're problem...Plenty of people do. I was in the City and it was more vibrant than ever...Almost Parisian. Western New York is losing population--due to the decline of manufacturing in older-industrial cities (like Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse). New York City and the Hudson Valley have actually gained population...Honestly, if you don't understand differences with regional economic markets (in New York) you shouldn't discuss them. It makes "you" seem biased and, quite frankly, uneducated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
Exactly!
Yup. If you don't want to live in a shoebox, move somewhere else!

Seriously, NYC is one of those perfect places to visit for a few days, esp when you've got friends/family you can crash with.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
is one of those perfect places to visit for a few days,
Pretty much how I feel about the south & southwest ........... to each his own.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevaNYka View Post
They may flee in hope of brighter pastures but they'll be back...I am ))))))))))))
I left NY in '96. spent 3 1/2 years in east TX, then the last 12 in western NC. TX was good, liked Big D; NC never grew on me; stayed for sake of wife's family till they moved away, then stayed for work till it tanked when the housing market crashed. No jobs to speak of there. and really poor air quality; drive south on 81 near TN/NC line and look south to those hazy Smoky mtns. finally back upstate and lovin' it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York