Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 08:06 AM

2,229 posts, read 769,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I found out after having started this thread that Bragg did indeed attempt to throw out the case, which he inherited, but he was reprimanded and asked to continue the investigation the previous DA Cyrus Vance had retired in the middle of. Honestly, I don't even think Vance wanted to pursue it.
You claim to be some sort of political atheist, but I've noticed that you defend the Republican party, every chance you get.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:19 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
You claim to be some sort of political atheist, but I've noticed that you defend the Republican party, every chance you get.
My comment wasn't to defend the Republican party.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
My comment wasn't to defend the Republican party.
Maybe not, but I've noticed that you lean more Republican than Democrat.

Old 04-12-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Define American law. Because my understanding is most every law can be bent and paid for if you got a good law firm behind you.
Politicians are the most crooked weasels out there yet hardly any ever go to jail for some reason.

I do agree with your niece though.
The main problem with followers of the American Republican party is that most people believe that everything is rigged and corrupted. The most deranged Republicans believe to this day that 9/11 was an inside job.

Many posters who post here in favour of Trump have never been outside the Tri-State area, where the real heartland America lies. I know a few New Yorkers who moved to a red state and it was a complete culture shock for them.

During my visits to America I have always visited blue states. I don't want to have anything to do with that redneck culture.

Old 04-12-2023, 09:25 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,192 times
Quote:
The main problem with followers of the American Republican party is that most people believe that everything is rigged and corrupted. The most deranged Republicans believe to this day that 9/11 was an inside job.

Many posters who post here in favour of Trump have never been outside the Tri-State area, where the real heartland America lies. I know a few New Yorkers who moved to a red state and it was a complete culture shock for them.

During my visits to America I have always visited blue states. I don't want to have anything to do with that redneck culture.
NY -180k. Loss 0.9%
Il -104k Loss 0.8%
Ca -114 Loss 0.3%

Fl. +417k. Gain 1.9%
Tx +471k gain. 1.3%

Interesting. Democratic states are losing record numbers of people who are fleeing. Republican States are gaining record numbers of people moving there. Gee cannot imagine why LMAO

Old 04-12-2023, 09:34 AM

5,806 posts, read 2,934,065 times
Quote:

Thanks for chiming in with your opinion. Two party system is designed to give an illusion of democracy and to split people up. They don’t differ much, but they do divide people a lot, as designed.

As for people, there are good and bad on both sides, no need to paint it otherwise .

Cheers

Old 04-12-2023, 10:30 AM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
Quote:

Your post contradicts itself. You say New York Republicans have never been to "heartland America" but then admit you purposely avoid it yourself. How do you know what "that redneck culture" is if you've never actually seen it outside of how it is portrayed in coastal elite media?

Also, there are no "red states and blues states", virtually without exception there are blue cities and red suburbia/rural areas. New York City is far closer culturally to a big city in a red state like Miami or Houston than it is to upstate New York. California is almost all "red" outside of the big cities.

Old 04-12-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe not, but I've noticed that you lean more Republican than Democrat.
I lean more by what makes common sense. And that’s the problem with this country: if one says that they believe in a variety of issues like LGBT rights, universal healthcare, etc., that automatically makes one a Democrat and if one says that they believe in the 2nd amendment, anything spiritual, etc., that automatically makes them a conservative. Guess what - you can believe in a variety of issues but people don’t express what they believe in because we now live in a culture where people take offense and cancel each other. Unfortunately, people are not very smart these days - they assume, get angry and automatically make conclusions.

Old 04-12-2023, 01:22 PM

96 posts, read 35,651 times
Quote:
That is like saying “I don’t like pizza”
And I ask “Have you ever had pizza before?”
And you say “No.”
I guess some people just know what they like.

It’s similar to how the migrants are illegally flown into NYC and their first apartment is a $400 per night free hotel room in Times Square, free rent for life. And then the migrants see all the rich young liberal 20 somethings with perfectly fitted clothes and living the high life, eating lavishly. That is the only impression the migrants see of us.

In reality, not every place in the USA is big bucks and spoiled liberals with silver spoon upbringings, like NYC.

And another one is how Eric Adams slammed the state of Ohio claiming Ohio has no brand for itself.
How stupid is that to say. Man that guy has got more nerves than functioning brains cells.

Old 04-12-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Thanks for chiming in with your opinion. Two party system is designed to give an illusion of democracy and to split people up. They don’t differ much, but they do divide people a lot, as designed.

As for people, there are good and bad on both sides, no need to paint it otherwise .

Cheers
#Facts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City