Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 07:52 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,474,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yes, everything is going up.

And why must hospitalizations go up in order for you to take it seriously? Just the fact that Covid positivity rates are rising should be enough for people to be alarmed. There are some severe long term effects from Covid, so best to avoid contracting the virus altogether.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wel...article-704636
  • 2 weeks to flatten the curve
  • lock down to protect you and others
  • masks don't work
  • ok masks work
  • make masks mandatory
  • work remote
  • don't eat out
  • ok eat out, but you have to be outside
  • we have to get hospitalizations down
  • we have to get deaths down
  • ok maybe don't mask everywhere only certain places
  • ok maybe we can go back to work a little
  • ok maybe the masks really didn't work, but its because you NOW NEED N95! That's it!
  • ok maybe hospitalizations are going down
  • ok maybe deaths are lowest ever during the pandemic
  • BUT NOW YOU HAVE TO FEAR LONG TERM EFFECTS!!!

What is next sir? Turn off CNN please, you are being programmed to parrot everything they tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 07:53 PM

3,504 posts, read 1,416,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
You should tell that to wiseshopper he wants people to mask up for him/she to feel safe!
Well wearing a mask is very easy. Again I ask, why is wearing a mask so so difficult for you?

I know the answer why.. it’s not difficult at all. People have just highly politicized it and just won’t wear it for that reason!

Old 04-22-2022, 08:02 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,985,530 times
I don’t want to. That’s it. No other reason or justification. I could not care less if that answer is good enough for you or anyone else.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-22-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I don’t want to. That’s it. No other reason or justification. I could not care less if that answer is good enough for you or anyone else.
Under normal circumstances, that’s fine. But since we’re still in this pandemic, wearing a mask is part of protecting the public health.

I’m ok if you don’t want to wear a mask, but let’s do it when it’s absolutely safe to do so.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:06 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,754,477 times
Quote:
Well wearing a mask is very easy. Again I ask, why is wearing a mask so so difficult for you?

I know the answer why.. it’s not difficult at all. People have just highly politicized it and just won’t wear it for that reason!
Because its better to breath without one

Old 04-22-2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Because its better to breath without one
You will have a much harder time breathing if you catch Covid and you end up on a ventilator fighting for your life!

Old 04-23-2022, 04:41 AM

3,738 posts, read 3,474,654 times
Quote:
You will have a much harder time breathing if you catch Covid and you end up on a ventilator fighting for your life!
Do you really think that is still happening with Omicron?

Old 04-23-2022, 06:28 AM

25,374 posts, read 37,102,448 times
SG said :The virus was created and patented in part by the NIH as a gain of function biological weapon.

100%. I can probably only disagree with the "in part" part.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:38 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,740,027 times
"I could not care less if that answer is good enough for you or anyone else."

OK, but then just realize that answer also applies to, like, dudes taking a **** in public.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:46 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,606,390 times
NYC feels mostly back to normal but I do notice the bars (while open thankfully) are less crowded than they were when they reopened but before these Covid wave scares

So while we're much closer to pre pandemic norms than we were in 2020 or 2021, there is still a large chunk of the population who is social distancing. And New York is maintaining the mask mandate on public transit, which in my opinion is one of the last obstacles to really going back to normal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City