Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 07:41 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That’s why I wear seatbelts in a car. But let me guess… seatbelts don’t work.
Seatbelts do work.

The masks most people wore and the way they wore them was a joke as you correctly pointed out. This is why the mandates are pointless.

I wore real masks for over a year.Frankly I took covid way more seriously than most people who are anti mandate. I got the first 2 covid shots and had covid this past November, was pretty sick for a day then felt a little off for a few days. I'm young, healthy, have antibodies for covid and there is zero logical scientific reasons for me to continue to wear masks. Sorry but "wear a mask or go on the ventilator" isn't moving the needle for me bc it's simply not true. Neither is the flatten the curve rhetoric from you bc hospitals are not remotely in danger of being overwhelmed. You need new material. In March/April 2020 overwhelming the hospitals was a perfectly valid concern- fortunately it didn't happen and it's not a valid concern anymore. You should be happy about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 07:53 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
The Biden administration is going to appeal the decision and bring masks back.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04...-cases-vaccine

It's definitely about control and catering to the wicked CDC who in turns bows down to big pharmaceutical companies. You know even Biden himself was paid millions by Pfizer.

Sometimes, I think that this country is so polarized that rules are implemented just to "get back" at the other side. Sort of like a tit for tat. If conservatives win with the mask mandate, the left will go bonkers and appeal just to show that they have control - even though it's clear that it doesn't make sense to wear a mask if N95's will not be enforced. This type of behavior goes back and forth between both sides.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:54 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Seatbelts do work.

The masks most people wore and the way they wore them was a joke as you correctly pointed out. This is why the mandates are pointless.

I wore real masks for over a year.Frankly I took covid way more seriously than most people who are anti mandate. I got the first 2 covid shots and had covid this past November, was pretty sick for a day then felt a little off for a few days. I'm young, healthy, have antibodies for covid and there is zero logical scientific reasons for me to continue to wear masks. Sorry but "wear a mask or go on the ventilator" isn't moving the needle for me bc it's simply not true. Neither is the flatten the curve rhetoric from you bc hospitals are not remotely in danger of being overwhelmed. You need new material. In March/April 2020 overwhelming the hospitals was a perfectly valid concern- fortunately it didn't happen and it's not a valid concern anymore. You should be happy about that.
Meh

So if someone coughs or sneezes in your vicinity and does not at the very least cover their mouth/nose you're fine with that

I'm not going back to that life

Ppl are nasty

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-19-2022, 09:23 PM

3,484 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Meh

So if someone coughs or sneezes in your vicinity and does not at the very least cover their mouth/nose you're fine with that

I'm not going back to that life

Ppl are nasty
Amen to that. I used to hate getting sick twice a year. And every other year, I would get the flu, even though I would get the flu shot. I had to call out sick for a whole week at work and trying to convince my boss that I’m sick for a week is not an easy thing to do. Not where I work.

It’s been a great past two years never having gotten sick at all. Agreed, I don’t want to go back to that life. This pandemic is a sign that we should not go back to the old normal, but rather start living a new normal.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:36 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
It’s been a great past two years never having gotten sick at all. Agreed, I don’t want to go back to that life.
You don't want to avoid getting sick for too long. Your immune system needs a workout every once in a while. If you don't work it out regularly it will forget how to protect you

Old 04-19-2022, 09:53 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Amen to that. I used to hate getting sick twice a year. And every other year, I would get the flu, even though I would get the flu shot. I had to call out sick for a whole week at work and trying to convince my boss that I’m sick for a week is not an easy thing to do. Not where I work.

It’s been a great past two years never having gotten sick at all. Agreed, I don’t want to go back to that life. This pandemic is a sign that we should not go back to the old normal, but rather start living a new normal.
That's fine and your choice.
I never had the flu or got the flu shot. If I got sick more often then I might want to wear a mask. Everyone's medical needs are different.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:06 PM

3,484 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You don't want to avoid getting sick for too long. Your immune system needs a workout every once in a while. If you don't work it out regularly it will forget how to protect you
I don’t know. I think my immune system just sucks, whether I get sick or not. I don’t know why, but I used to get sick twice a year every Fall/Winter. But I know many people personally who almost never get sick. That shows that they have strong immune system, but not me.

I remember one winter where I got sick three times and was left with post nasal drip that took forever to go away. So getting sick too often is also bad and can leave some long term effects.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:18 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
I don’t know. I think my immune system just sucks, whether I get sick or not. I don’t know why, but I used to get sick twice a year every Fall/Winter. But I know many people personally who almost never get sick. That shows that they have strong immune system, but not me.

I remember one winter where I got sick three times and was left with post nasal drip that took forever to go away. So getting sick too often is also bad and can leave some long term effects.
I get sick twice a year too. Stinks.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:14 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
What year do you think this is?
Even the biggest covid fear mogerors stopped with the flatten the curve stuff a long time ago
A "flattened curve" is an oxymoron. It is either a curve or a horizontal line, not both.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:09 AM

2,609 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
A "flattened curve" is an oxymoron. It is either a curve or a horizontal line, not both.
Not according to the "experts".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City