Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 07:12 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,605,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
I hope my mother outlives you.
Me too.
Quote:
I don't see how that's relevant though, since I already mentioned in my original post that I have no desire for her demise any time soon. All of this is about "planning".
Planning for 30 years from now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 07:56 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
This is such a serious question that I think you should ask a true expert, not random people in a forum.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:27 PM

12 posts, read 13,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
How about trying to pay your own way like everyone else and not trying to take advantage of the system to screw everyone else?
Can't get mad at the little guy for tryin to get access to a legal loophole. How about getting mad at the rich 1% for utilizing a whole arsenal of loopholes to get ahead of EVERYONE, Lay off the little guy

Old 11-19-2021, 10:55 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,650 times
Quote:
You are not wrong at all, and I appreciate you being one of the only uplifting/positive posters in this thread, but I must also retort with:

Why not both?
I hope that you can do both. Many waste precious years focused on maintaining these things only to realize 40 years down the line the wasted an opportunity to pursue real tangible improvements in their situation.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:02 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.miss.old.new.york View Post
Can't get mad at the little guy for tryin to get access to a legal loophole. How about getting mad at the rich 1% for utilizing a whole arsenal of loopholes to get ahead of EVERYONE, Lay off the little guy
I know this mentality and it's very prevalent amongst those who always try to scam and scheme government programs.

The problem is that "little guys" scamming is much more dangerous to society than the 1% scamming. Why? They are way more little guys than 1%'ers.

A billionaire not paying an extra $50MM in taxes doesn't affect me or most people. It effects politicians that want to use their money to buy votes or kick it back to their friends.

Little guys scheming and scamming does effect the average person. You only have to look at New York City too see how true this is. Half the city doesn't work and there are so many people scheming and scamming that we get so little back for our tax dollars beyond supporting a class of people who scam taxpayers. The politicians are in on this game as well they don't care they just by the votes with taxpayer money.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:04 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
This thread doesn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of people like OP NYC and they're lowlifes. They use the excuse that " everyone's doing it" and of course always blame "greedy" rich people. As if their scams only efect rich people what in fact they mostly effect the everyday taxpayer.

New York city is in the state that it's in not because of greedy rich people but because of the many more prevalent people like OP who scam taxpayers their entire lives.

It's disgusting to see this thread but unfortunately it's par for the course for New York City. The politicians have built this system because it benefits them.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:30 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
The true expert is a lawyer, who will want to be paid for their advice. He wants it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
This is such a serious question that I think you should ask a true expert, not random people in a forum.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:34 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
It's fraud if the tries to claim the apartment when the mother finally does die, and he hasn't been living there.

I know people who've had rent regulated apartments, and would want them passed on to their family. They see it as an ersatz form of property rights. My sister has a rent regulated apartment (and a decent sized one in a good part of Manhattan.) She wanted me to move in so I could take it over when she left. But I had my own place (first my own regulated rental, and then a coop I bought), and I had no interest in living with my sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
but he has to be there two years to have succession rights .

but again , this is likely just out right fraud

Old 11-20-2021, 12:48 AM

106,593 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
Oh...you guarantee it? Interesting! You're not willing to put up money, and bet on it though. If you are, would you like to pay me through PayPal or CashApp?

As to everyone else, thanks for all your replies. I actually have been living here for at least the last 2 years, but I may be leaving the country next year for an extended period of time. There's still one of my other siblings here as well, so we wouldn't be losing the rental property even if I did leave the country, because it would still correspond to my other sibling upon my mother's demise. I created the topic because I'm just trying to "get my ducks in a row", and plan/see what my options are.

For the people that commented very harshly and kind of insinuated that we should just leave the property when the time comes and let others rent it for nearly double the current price...nah. I'll do what I can to ensure that is not going to happen (I'm only one person, but I'll do what I can.). You can look at the economic ladder from the lowest rung all the way to the tippity top and find people trying to take advantages of laws and loopholes at every level. This should've shown you by now that: "Life is not fair.". Get a grip.
by not stating you lived there in your initial post and only talked about the documents you lost all credibility here .

reality is anyone who is accused of fraud is going to change their storyline .

so whether true or not going back on the storyline to say you lived there is to late to have credibility

Old 11-20-2021, 06:47 AM

5,665 posts, read 2,605,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
by not stating you lived there in your initial post and only talked about the documents you lost all credibility here .

reality is anyone who is accused of fraud is going to change their storyline .

so whether true or not going back on the storyline to say you lived there is to late to have credibility
Yes and noticed they pointed out how their name has been on the ConEd bill for the last two years as well as the address is on their license.

Another thing is the landlord may have cameras that can verify the coming and going. And you better believe if his mother passes that they will be looking at that camera to make sure you are actually living there and are coming in and out daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City