Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 11:58 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
You are really an unbelievable A** telling us one lie after the other, letting us ramble on and on, me defending you, and ONLY NOW telling us that YOU LIVE IN YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE?!!! Liar, Liar!
And I do not believe that your sibling lives also in your mom's house. Your new question, I quote

"My new question is*, if I move to a warmer climate for example, how many days out of the year would I have to live in my mother's apartment in Queens for it to legallybe considered "a year of living there"?

Answer: 3 6 5 days !l Manipulative and BS, move to warmer territories AND STAY THERE !

Damn you switch side that quickly? No loyalty. lol.

Let him have his cake and eat it too. He has an apartment in a warm locale to escape to and he is trying to take an affordable apartment off the market that he does not live in. No way 2 adult children lives with their mother in a one bedroom apartment. That is weird. Plus 2 adult children living with their mom and all OP wants to do is pony up his name on a Con Edison bill. He should atleast be paying half of the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 12:05 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,914 times
Are you this guy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/newyorkcity...r_triple_then/

Old 11-22-2021, 03:20 AM

106,581 posts, read 108,739,314 times
Quote:
You are really an unbelievable A** telling us one lie after the other, letting us ramble on and on, me defending you, and ONLY NOW telling us that YOU LIVE IN YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE?!!! Liar, Liar!
And I do not believe that your sibling lives also in your mom's house. Your new question, I quote

"My new question is*, if I move to a warmer climate for example, how many days out of the year would I have to live in my mother's apartment in Queens for it to legallybe considered "a year of living there"?

Answer: 3 6 5 days !l Manipulative and BS, move to warmer territories AND STAY THERE !
told you so over and over .

if the story does not make sense it is likely not true and is being fabricated along the way.

any reasonable person here would have said in the initial post i have been living in the apartment for two years … but the . op didnt ..

the op never even mentioned that fact, other then he had documents showing that address which is a fraudulent ploy for succession rights

they lost all credibility here with that first post as far as any of us go

Old 11-22-2021, 04:01 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

if the story does not make sense it is likely not true and is being fabricated along the way.

any reasonable person here would have said in the initial post i have been living in the apartment for two years … but the . op didnt ..

the op never even mentioned that fact, other then he had documents showing that address which is a fraudulent ploy for succession rights

Not sure why people are surprised. I personally know of far more egregious cases.

1. 4 bedroom apartment in Washington Heights. Family renting it literally has a $1MM house in NJ and runs a construction business.

2. Someone married and with a household income pushing $400K trying to get on their parent's rent controlled lease in a very prime location in lower Manhattan.

This is a purely a greed thing in 90% of cases.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:10 AM

it depends also if the apartments are stabilized or rent controlled too .

rent stabilized have no asset or income limits for a reason ..the stabilization program was never to reflect a tenants situation.it was to prevent landlord rent gouging..we had a 200k income cap in place for two years in a row at one time but that is gone .

assets are uncapped .

so the fact politicians used renters as political pawns and artificially held down rents was not a tenant problem .

we have loads of stabilized apartments open to anyone ..but rent controlled apartments are something else.

it is pretty hard not to be in a stabilized apartment since about half of all rentals are stabilized .

some areas like ours are mostly apartment houses so assets have nothing to do with things.

with todays programs we have stabilized two bedroom which i love at over 4k a month so never confuse low rents with stabilized as a given .

some buildings may be under market and others right at market

Old 11-22-2021, 04:47 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
it depends also if the apartments are stabilized or rent controlled too .

rent stabilized have no asset or income limits for a reason ..the stabilization program was never to reflect a tenants situation.it was to prevent landlord rent gouging..we had a 200k income cap in place for two years in a row at one time but that is gone .

assets are uncapped .

so the fact politicians used renters as political pawns and artificially held down rents was not a tenant problem .

we have loads of stabilized apartments open to anyone ..but rent controlled apartments are something else.

it is pretty hard not to be in a stabilized apartment since about half of all rentals are stabilized .

some areas like ours are mostly apartment houses so assets have nothing to do with things.

with todays programs we have stabilized two bedroom which i love at over 4k a month so never confuse low rents with stabilized as a given .

some buildings may be under market and others right at market
These types of cases are almost never about rent stabilized apartments. While relatively very few in numbers, RC apartments.are far more lucrative for this type of scam.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
These types of cases are almost never about rent stabilized apartments. While relatively very few in numbers, RC apartments.are far more lucrative for this type of scam.
i agree , you need to have succession rights for rent controlled apartments.stabilization you can get all the apartments you want and just move in, no requirements needed.

they had so many apartments available where we were in bay terrace that they stopped the vetting by the real estate brokers and just put up a sign on the building that apartments are available

Old 11-22-2021, 06:48 AM

686 posts, read 300,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Damn you switch side that quickly? No loyalty. lol.

Let him have his cake and eat it too. He has an apartment in a warm locale to escape to and he is trying to take an affordable apartment off the market that he does not live in. No way 2 adult children lives with their mother in a one bedroom apartment. That is weird. Plus 2 adult children living with their mom and all OP wants to do is pony up his name on a Con Edison bill. He should atleast be paying half of the rent.
lol, yes, mea culpa, I always give the benefit of the doubt.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
lol, yes, mea culpa, I always give the benefit of the doubt.
i see you are new here …veterans here develop a sixth sense for stories that seem to evolve and dont make sense .

while some may be true the fact they blew reasonable credibility makes it a post not worth discussing since the goal posts keep moving

Old 11-22-2021, 06:57 AM

686 posts, read 300,060 times
Quote:

I cannot believe that people like this exist, he is even worse than you thought. If he is the guy in the video, he should go back to the hot Congo and stay there. The "squatter' has done nothing wrong, I hope he reports the guy to the authorities, unfortunately he cannot get the illegally paid rent back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City