Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 03:51 PM

686 posts, read 300,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Another way to look at it though, strategically speaking would be to keep her well for the longest time up to and including life support while the OP lives with her. Prolong said momma’s life beyond what is considered comfortable and heed her admonitions daily with no let up. Give him a reason to keep himself under her dominion, thereby increasing his quality of life as a, momma’s boy, video game player, etc, etc… ad infinitum.

All this should lead to keeping the lease under wraps.
YES and YES
What's wrong with the OP moving in with his mother and becoming her caregiver and keeping her out of a Nursing home - when it gets to that point - that are very expensive, for both, the resident and the government. This is a win-win, OP gets the apartment and mom can stay home!

Am I conversing here with Landlords exclusively?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 03:54 PM

106,570 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
YES and YES
What's wrong with the OP moving in with his mother and becoming her caregiver and keeping her out of a Nursing home - when it gets to that point - that are very expensive, for both, the resident and the government. This is a win-win, OP gets the apartment and mom can stay home!

Am I conversing here with Landlords exclusively?
nothing is wrong but he needs to live there for the qualifying time frame, not phony up documents if that is what he really did so far …it can vary from one to two years to be eligible.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
nothing is wrong but he needs to live there for the qualifying time frame, not phony up documents if that is what he really did so far …it can vary from one to two years to be eligible.

OP always said he does not live with his mom and asked what the requirements are for him to unherit his mother's apartment. Now he knows, if he wants it he has to move in and in 2 years he has inheritance rights.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:17 PM

106,570 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
OP always said he does not live with his mom and asked what the requirements are for him to unherit his mother's apartment. Now he knows, if he wants it he has to move in and in 2 years he has inheritance rights.
what part dont you understand

then he has documents falsifying his address .his drivers license does not reflect his address ..

his documents reflect trying to claim his mothers address as his own

no one with good intentions has his drivers license coincidently the address of his mothers rent controlled apartment while also putting his name on her utility bill and doesn’t live there .

this is the last reply i will waste time on , with your ridiculous posts

Old 11-21-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
what part dont you understand

then he has documents falsifying his address .his drivers license does not reflect his address ..

his documents reflect trying to claim his mothers address as his own

no one with good intentions has his drivers license coincidently the address of his mothers rent controlled apartment while also putting his name on her utility bill and doesn’t live there .

this is the last reply i will waste time on , with your ridiculous posts

You blow it out of proportions with yourhammering on the driver licence!!!!! The moment OP moves in with his mom the driver licence issue is MOOT. The END

Old 11-21-2021, 05:53 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
If OP wants to keep the apt then be has to move in and be ready to wipe his momma's ass just like she used to do. Help her go to doctor appointments, cook, clean, etc.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:53 PM

316 posts, read 1,016,102 times
Ladies and gentleman,

You've already provided me with the information I needed. No need to argue amongst each other, and possibly raise your blood pressure/anxiety levels. I'm satisfied and I'm set.

Since you've stuck around so long though, I'll try to re-clarify, and ask a new question:

-I do live at the apartment, and have done so for more than 2 consecutive years, but

I may be moving out of state next year.

If I do move, I'm not too worried since I have 1 other sibling who has been there over 2 years as well, so we wouldn't run the risk of losing the apartment and having it fall into the hands of someone like you, who is going to charge a new tenant double for it (just sayin...).

My new question is*, if I move to a warmer climate for example, how many days out of the year would I have to live in my mother's apartment in Queens for it to legallybe considered "a year of living there"?

Also, I keep stating that I'm only trying to do things legally, like all of you, and all of our elected officials, presumably do. So, you folks gotta get your mind out of the "fraud gutter".

*I may have asked this question earlier in this thread, but you guys just keep rambling and adding to the fire, so I honestly can't remember and don't want to check.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
Ladies and gentleman,

You've already provided me with the information I needed. No need to argue amongst each other, and possibly raise your blood pressure/anxiety levels. I'm satisfied and I'm set.

Since you've stuck around so long though, I'll try to re-clarify, and ask a new question:

-I do live at the apartment, and have done so for more than 2 consecutive years, but

If I do move, I'm not too worried since I have 1 other sibling who has been there over 2 years as well, so we wouldn't run the risk of losing the apartment and having it fall into the hands of someone like you, who is going to charge a new tenant double for it (just sayin...).

My new question is*, if I move to a warmer climate for example, how many days out of the year would I have to live in my mother's apartment in Queens for it to legallybe considered "a year of living there"?

Also, I keep stating that I'm only trying to do things legally, like all of you, and all of our elected officials, presumably do. So, you folks gotta get your mind out of the "fraud gutter".

*I may have asked this question earlier in this thread, but you guys just keep rambling and adding to the fire, so I honestly can't remember and don't want to check.
You are really an unbelievable A** telling us one lie after the other, letting us ramble on and on, me defending you, and ONLY NOW telling us that YOU LIVE IN YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE?!!! Liar, Liar!
And I do not believe that your sibling lives also in your mom's house. Your new question, I quote

"My new question is*, if I move to a warmer climate for example, how many days out of the year would I have to live in my mother's apartment in Queens for it to legallybe considered "a year of living there"?

Answer: 3 6 5 days !l Manipulative and BS, move to warmer territories AND STAY THERE !

Old 11-21-2021, 09:15 PM

[quote=Tiredofnyclife;62361556]If OP wants to keep the apt then be has to move in and be ready to wipe his momma's ass just like she used to do. Help her go to doctor appointments, cook, clean, etc.[/QUOTE

LOL

Old 11-21-2021, 11:55 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
Ladies and gentleman,

2 adults live in a one bedroom with their aging mother? How does that work? How do you schedule boom boom time? Who gets dibs on the bedroom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City