Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:51 PM

158 posts, read 138,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I dont know what deBlasio thinks he is accomplishing by stoking these fears. We are. It running out of supplies. I brought a truck load of supplies to the Staten Island location last night. The supply tents are full. They are running out of room to store things. Do not believe what deBlasio is telling you.
He's just covering his own ass for his earlier dismissal of the coronavirus threat. Remember just little over a week ago, De Blasio was refusing to close schools and telling everyone to go to restaurants and take the subway. Now, De Blasio is being over the top aggressive in hopes of avoiding blame.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:27 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
New York State will start trial testing antiviral medicines on Tuesday in an ongoing effort to stem the coronavirus pandemic statewide, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Sunday.

70,000 Hydroxychloroquine –
10,000 Zithromax –
750,000 Chloroquine From the Federal Government.
Trials will start Tuesday.

President Trump is sending thousands of samples of the drugs hydrooxychloroquine, zithromax and chloroquine to New York for testing.

For those that haven't been following this combo killed the coronavirus in infected people in as little as 5-6 days. NY will be a larger number of people in the trial. Let's all hope/pray this works.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:32 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There is virtually no way this, as in the lockdown starting tonight at 8 pm, can or will go on for anything close to a year.
I can't see this going past winter. I'm also curious if most will end up getting it and build up immunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
How crowded has Central Park been? Yesterday I went to LIC Gantry Park and it looked like this - plenty of distance between people for the most part

You take good pictures.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
The city put up yellow signs at the entrances to a park by my house saying "courts are closed for group play"

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default COVID-19 had to happen before we could learn this lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
The US have already failed because they didnt watch what was happening in China and stop the international flights. Even with Chinese New Year they foolishly knew lots of asians would go home for the new year then come back bringing the virus with them and they allowed it to happen like America was untouchable. NYC is playing catch up and Coumo is doing the best he can with the disaster he was given. The best we can do, is to do our part until this passes.
In the politically correct environment that we live in, there was no way that the govt was going to stop flights from coming in from China and other Asian countries before now. The reason is because MSM would have cried "racists/racism!" They would have flashed pictures across the screen of and condemned every gov't official, TSA employee, and airline employee. MSM created an environment where it is shameful to call out people as ILLEGAL who lie, sneak, and break our laws to get here. If you can't call wrong WRONG, then you know they weren't going to allow the govt to call out people who are coming back from visiting a country where a deadly virus was rampaging. Politically correctness means that you couldn't have said anything against it. If you did, you're being "racist". Although in this case it would have nothing to do with racism and everything to do with those persons having been to a country where potentially they were exposed to a virus and are now bringing it back with them.

Another silver lining from this is COVID-19 situation is that, going forward, I believe common sense will start to matter more to Americans than political correctness. MSM will then back-pedal to get on board.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 03-22-2020 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Miami 2017. That was the first thing that popped into my head on 9/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Its a weird feeling. Empty, a depressing energy. Ive been there everyday. Bryant Park has had people though.

I thought about the Billy Joel song where he says how the lights go down on Broadway. And now its happened sadly.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
In the politically correct environment that we live in, there was no way that the govt was going to stop flights from coming in from China and other Asian countries before now. The reason is because MSM would have cried "racists/racism!" They would have flashed pictures across the screen of and condemned every gov't official, TSA employee, and airline employee. MSM created an environment where it is shameful to call out people as ILLEGAL who lie, sneak, and break our laws to get here. If you can't call wrong WRONG, then you know they weren't going to allow the govt to call out people who are coming back from visiting a country where a deadly virus was rampaging. Politically correctness means that you couldn't have said anything against it. If you did, you're being "racist". Although in this case it would have nothing to do with racism and everything to do with those persons having been to a country where potentially they were exposed to a virus and are now bringing it back with them.

Another silver lining from this is COVID-19 situation is that, going forward, I believe common sense will start to matter more to American than political correctness. MSM will then back-pedal to get on board.
Or they didn’t want to lose the money and deal with the damage to tourism. International travel is all by halted now. Trump would have dithered needed to deal the US borders to the rest of the world or gotten corporation in the rest of the world in restricting trips to China. The latter would have been the best.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:46 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Looks like releasing criminals from rikers do to coronavirus is having a negative affect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....om-rikers/amp/
I don't see how you read that from the article you posted

The guy who was robbed (i.e. the victim) was released from Rikers. No word on the perps as they are unknown. Unless people are out there solely robbing those who are getting released from Rikers, you can hardly claim that releasing people from Rikers is having a negative affect. At least not based off of this article.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:47 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I can't see this going past winter. I'm also curious if most will end up getting it and build up immunity.

You take good pictures.
Most will ultimately get it and build up an immunity.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:49 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhubaba View Post
He's just covering his own ass for his earlier dismissal of the coronavirus threat. Remember just little over a week ago, De Blasio was refusing to close schools and telling everyone to go to restaurants and take the subway. Now, De Blasio is being over the top aggressive in hopes of avoiding blame.
It really is something to see de Blasio play politics here bashing President Trump (and calling him a New Yorker now when its convenient ) in light of his own earlier inaction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City