Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 06:19 PM

14,063 posts, read 13,970,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I think its not exactly the whole politically correct thing but more about Chinese influence with their money. A perfect example was the NBA. 1 person spoke up about something in China, next thing you know that person is apologizing.

Sooner or later China is going to be the leading economy because they have too much influence in other nations economy.

Anyone who saw the movie Contagion that came out in 2011? Its the same thing that happening now all we are waiting for is someone to scam others with a false cure.
USA will always be #1 we will keep it that way

Old 03-22-2020, 06:28 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,778,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Hes a disgusting toad of a man. Looking at him can cause illness. Funk that guy.
Bwwhahaha. Thx. I need a good laugh right about now.
Because...https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ongress-141360
tomorrow's gonna be a bloodbath if the future stock prices are any indication.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:34 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,366,247 times
I will be heading into work tomorrow and I am surprised the MTA has not shifted to a reduced or modified schedule yet.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:43 PM

5,709 posts, read 2,627,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I can't see this going past winter. I'm also curious if most will end up getting it and build up immunity
Well its already Spring! Started March 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I will be heading into work tomorrow and I am surprised the MTA has not shifted to a reduced or modified schedule yet.
I wish the MTA would use this time to make the repairs needed. Next thing you know it will be summer and the train wont run past 9pm or on weekends again like every summer....

Old 03-22-2020, 06:44 PM

2,450 posts, read 975,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhubaba View Post
He's just covering his own ass for his earlier dismissal of the coronavirus threat. Remember just little over a week ago, De Blasio was refusing to close schools and telling everyone to go to restaurants and take the subway. Now, De Blasio is being over the top aggressive in hopes of avoiding blame.
And Cuomo is countering everything Deblasio say's. The message from both these guys is Jekeyl and Hyde. deBlasio is looking for an excuse to slam Trump and in typical leftist fashion is just making lies up as he goes along, meanwhile, Cuomo and Trump have been BFF's for a while. De Blasio's claim about a shortage of supplies at hotzone sites is a flat out lie.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:45 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,305,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There’s no vaccine so you’d have to get it. Until they come up with a vaccine.

Of course we have no idea how many got it with no symptoms. Its evident that its way more common to have that happen than we thought. It cannot be just chance that Rand Paul and all these NBA players and Sean Payton tested positive with zero symptoms. It obviously means that its common to see that.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:46 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
First of all, I'm already TOTALLY FED UP with the "selfish locusts" that have descended on the grocery stores, and cleaned out the places, right to the walls!!! For what it's worth, me, my wife, as well as our families, have been steady customers of the Wegman chain of food stores, in the Rochester area, for about 60 years. In western NY, we've seen and lived through power outages, torrential rainstorms that resulted in some flooding, frequent blizzards that almost have paralyzed the county, as well as other issues, but NOT EVEN ONCE, in our 60 years, has a Wegman store ever run out of food!!!

If everybody just shopped like they normally do, there'd be no shortage of anything. But the media has hyped this current situation to the point that life, as we've known it, is on the brink of extinction, within the next 2-3 months. WELL, IF THAT TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE, AND ALL THE PREVIOUS PROPHECIES AND "END OF TIMES" PREDICTIONS COME TO PASS, THEN "WTF" GOOD IS 85 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER IN THE CLOSET GOING TO DO FOR YOU????
I don't think it's the media, there were runs on toilet paper 4 weeks ago. It's word of mouth from what's happening in other countries. People look at what's in least supply and hoard it, self fulfilling prophecy

Old 03-22-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Here we go... Let's pray. I heard its having good effects. Let's hope Chloroquine is the answer.

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1241748984756162560
Chloroquine is damn toxic, that's why HydroxyChloroquine is recommended. Obviously they don't have enough of it and the poor people without any alternative are going to suffer like hell on Chloroquine

Old 03-22-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

Governor Cuomo:
"53% of cornoavirus cases in New York are 18-49 yeas old"

Completely meaningless and not something to pay any attention to.

What you really want to know is the age percentage of people admitted to ICU

Majority infected may be under 50 but who cares if 99% of those don't get seriously ill?

Old 03-22-2020, 06:56 PM

37,232 posts, read 39,498,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Completely meaningless and not something to pay any attention to.

What you really want to know is the age percentage of people admitted to ICU

Majority infected may be under 50 but who cares if 99% of those don't get seriously ill?
The part that matters is that they’ll be infectious for those older than them. If you’re in that age range, though you are very unlikely to die, you have a decent chance of killing your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts or great uncles from being flippant about this. Most people I wager are not into that, but who knows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City