Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 PM

64 posts, read 80,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Gotcha. She didn't make mention of how "high" it was or anything? Nothing verbal?
Just curious because the nurse walked me though it very nicely and told me my numbers which were borderline high but she said I would be fine.

Yea the nurse that was doing BP was really nice. The person in front of me had a high reading so she told him to relax and she will take it again in a few minutes after she was done with me and another person.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:57 PM

114 posts, read 144,483 times
To the fellas already on the job...........

What's final processing all about ? And how long will I be their ??

Gotta be their a 8am on July 6 (Wednesday)

Old 07-04-2016, 08:45 PM

73 posts, read 109,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post

Paperwork,some more paperwork and then more paperwork. Have all necessary documents with you. Don't be that guy who doesn't have their stuff in order.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:54 AM

114 posts, read 144,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Paperwork,some more paperwork and then more paperwork. Have all necessary documents with you. Don't be that guy who doesn't have their stuff in order.

Cool, thanks

Old 07-05-2016, 03:38 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,972,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post

It's basically employment type paperwork, tax stuff, HR stuff, you'll also take your ID picture... And get fingerprinted, and be officially told when and where to report for your first day.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:05 AM

30 posts, read 36,352 times
can anybody on the job explains how vacation works. I understand its based on senority. But as far as the functions, im trying to understand it. On my job, we get 2 picks (3 weeks and a 2 weeks or vice versa) during seperate part of the years for vacation. how does DSNY vacation works, do you have to use all your days or can you stretch it out to 1 week at a time. etc. thank you very much.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM

176 posts, read 374,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post
can anybody on the job explains how vacation works. I understand its based on senority. But as far as the functions, im trying to understand it. On my job, we get 2 picks (3 weeks and a 2 weeks or vice versa) during seperate part of the years for vacation. how does DSNY vacation works, do you have to use all your days or can you stretch it out to 1 week at a time. etc. thank you very much.
Vacation picks are picked in senority order. Based on your time, you are allotted a certain amount of days. You may spread your time out or depending on vacation schedule and garage personnel picks, it may be all together and finished early.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,070 times
Default Final processing

Look forward to July 7th final processing any tips or advice ?

Old 07-05-2016, 11:46 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post

Yeah as a san worker you pick it all at once in week batches based on what's left. So they calculate the number of guys in your garage and they'll say no you can have 5 guys off per week (Number will vary by garage). Seniorest guy picks his weeks by batch number. When you get on you'll see our calendars will have week V1, V2, etc meaning vacation batch 1. So he says gimme week 6, 17, 22, 34, 40 and he's done and the next guy goes. If you're not at top pay you will have to find out how many days you get and when it gets to you, you'll see what weeks aren't closed and choose from what's left.

Note that this is different from how supervisors pick vacation so if you searched and read when we were talking about that, ignore that

Old 07-05-2016, 12:48 PM

128 posts, read 202,685 times
I did my medical today. Went to Beaver St, then went to 53rd and Madison for the hearing test. Then went to Brooklyn and did x-rays and blood work. I drove in with someone who waited in the car. I was done with everything by 12. Now the wait begins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City