Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 12:34 PM

182 posts, read 220,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Failed my medical. I will get a letter after July 18th explaining why.

Hope I can appeal whatever it is. I feel like I got kicked in the stomach.
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope whatever it is you can appeal. Hope all is ok, wishing you the best.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:36 PM

36 posts, read 51,388 times
Quote:

Man.....did they say why? I feel for you.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:37 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo View Post
Man.....did they say why? I feel for you.
HR cannot say. I have to wait for a letter explaining the details.

I can't believe it, all of the work I put into this, the long process.... things were going good. I paid all that money to get my CDL. And now I feel like I hit a brick wall.
This was my last chance to get into civil service.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:45 PM

36 posts, read 51,388 times
Quote:

I can't believe it, all of the work I put into this, the long process.... things were going good. I paid all that money to get my CDL. And now I feel like I hit a brick wall.
Don't get discouraged now! I'm pretty sure you've had to fight for things you wanted in the past. This is one of those moments.
Keep your head up....do what you have to to win your appeal. In the meantime there is another city job you do if you have a clean background, that is hiring w/o an exam. Message me if you want the details.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:47 PM

264 posts, read 504,471 times
Quote:

Damn man sorry to hear that, I was rooting for you. A lawyer is not absolutely necessary, I say wait and see what it's for before you hire anyone because its expensive to hire one. I was going to do it for a psych DQ and just to start the process it was going to be 2500. Medicals however are a lot easier to win so if it's something simple you might not even need one.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo View Post
Don't get discouraged now! I'm pretty sure you've had to fight for things you wanted in the past. This is one of those moments.
Keep your head up....do what you have to to win your appeal. In the meantime there is another city job you do if you have a clean background, that is hiring w/o an exam. Message me if you want the details.
Thanks brother ill send you a note in a bit

Old 07-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Damn man sorry to hear that, I was rooting for you. A lawyer is not absolutely necessary, I say wait and see what it's for before you hire anyone because its expensive to hire one. I was going to do it for a psych DQ and just to start the process it was going to be 2500. Medicals however are a lot easier to win so if it's something simple you might not even need one.
I hope its a simple thing that I failed and hopefully do a quick re-test or provide whatever documentation they require? That would be the best bet.

She said I have to wait until the first class goes in July 18th before the letter will be sent to me.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:00 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,972,394 times
Quote:
I hope its a simple thing that I failed and hopefully do a quick re-test or provide whatever documentation they require? That would be the best bet.

She said I have to wait until the first class goes in July 18th before the letter will be sent to me.
It's def unfortunate news, but the good news is, you can appeal, and most appeals win... And it's so early in the test that you'll def still be able to get on... Your just gonna lose some seniority... Good luck bud ...

Old 07-06-2016, 01:29 PM

88 posts, read 108,379 times
Quote:

That definitely sucks man, sorry to hear that, but keep ur head up their is always more than 1 way to skin a cat, win that appeal... Good luck to u man..

Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 PM

88 posts, read 108,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Oh I will appeal! I can run around Central Park without stopping and, lift, well not that much but I can push my own weight at least. ****ing Dr. Astria or whatever her name is...

...the bummer is even if I win the appeal (which is very likely), it still pushes me all the way to next year.
Even if it does push u to next year, hopefully at least u can get on.. In the end for us guys like me and you as well as many others, that's our main goal right now... Good luck to you as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City