Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 09:06 PM

30 posts, read 36,341 times

Advertisements

Oh okay gotcha. So if I start in September class, then it will be prorated based on time work. And thank you for your respond, a full time San worker get about 16-18 vacation day? I was just trying to know the details, no harm in that. So can better be prepared. Thanks guys

Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 PM

173 posts, read 262,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post
Oh okay gotcha. So if I start in September class, then it will be prorated based on time work. And thank you for your respond, a full time San worker get about 16-18 vacation day? I was just trying to know the details, no harm in that. So can better be prepared. Thanks guys
After 5 1/2 years your get 25 vacation days..5 weeks..after you start your second year you will get 18..3 weeks 3 days..its goes up little by little from there

Old 07-06-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggingbaskets View Post
After 5 1/2 years your get 25 vacation days..5 weeks..after you start your second year you will get 18..3 weeks 3 days..its goes up little by little from there
Thank you for the clarification

Old 07-07-2016, 12:29 AM

529 posts, read 727,441 times
I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat but.... I have spoken to 9 different people currently on the job and recently retired and they all say completely opposite of what guys here say. 5 of those I spoke to are family and people I have known over 20 years. They all say don't lie during medical cause if they find out they will fire you up to 5 years after your hired. Also a very close family member who is a supervisor for the past 8 years and retiring soon told me I should try and advance up to at least superintendent. Now I know everyone is different and has their own opinions but nOw I'm totally confused as to what I should do. Every San worker I asked ( probably over 25) have said my past surgery wouldn't DQ me.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopperjuice2k16 View Post
since anyone transferring to dsny from another city will be in Tier 6, thus allowing all city time to count "up front" to go towards 22 year retirement, will my salary also transfer over? (see/read nycers special plan form #995 and has been verified by NYCERS). I have 10 years previous civil service time so I will only have to work another 12 years at DSNY, it would be great if some of my salary would carry over as well!!

I'm just going to stare at this post and shake my head slowly from left to right

Old 07-07-2016, 12:43 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat but.... I have spoken to 9 different people currently on the job and recently retired and they all say completely opposite of what guys here say. 5 of those I spoke to are family and people I have known over 20 years. They all say don't lie during medical cause if they find out they will fire you up to 5 years after your hired. Also a very close family member who is a supervisor for the past 8 years and retiring soon told me I should try and advance up to at least superintendent. Now I know everyone is different and has their own opinions but nOw I'm totally confused as to what I should do. Every San worker I asked ( probably over 25) have said my past surgery wouldn't DQ me.
What do you want from me? You want me to beg you to listen to us? It's not gonna happen. You're a grown a$$ man so do whatever makes you happy. You want to listen to the guys who did the hiring process before the recession, before Obamacare, before the current clinic regime, back when they hired year round anybody and everybody, you go right ahead. You want to listen to the trainers and such here, then do that. We support you either way. But don't keep asking us to repeat ourselves. Our answers aren't going to change

Old 07-07-2016, 02:26 AM

529 posts, read 727,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
What do you want from me? You want me to beg you to listen to us? It's not gonna happen. You're a grown a$$ man so do whatever makes you happy. You want to listen to the guys who did the hiring process before the recession, before Obamacare, before the current clinic regime, back when they hired year round anybody and everybody, you go right ahead. You want to listen to the trainers and such here, then do that. We support you either way. But don't keep asking us to repeat ourselves. Our answers aren't going to change
I'm not asking you to repeat yourself. You should know that by now. And I'm sure I probably won't say **** about it when asked. but you are on the job. We are not. So we are covering our own asses because God forbid someone gets fired for it I'm sure you guys won't contribute to the go fund me when someone gets fired.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:32 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,701 times
Quote:
I'm not asking you to repeat yourself. You should know that by now. And I'm sure I probably won't say **** about it when asked. but you are on the job. We are not. So we are covering our own asses because God forbid someone gets fired for it I'm sure you guys won't contribute to the go fund me when someone gets fired.
Take the chance of maybe losing the job, or garuntee you never get it in the first place??

Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 AM

733 posts, read 724,503 times
Go fund me lol !

Old 07-07-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Just be honest, there's people going thru the process now that disclosed their surgeries and got cleared. Some are on this forum . I think the majority of the people in the first class are all combat veterans and you know they have prior injuries that they had to disclosed and still got clear .

Just do what makes you feel better at night, is it worth worrying everyday about getting caught and fired. Or do it the right way and sleep peacefully.

Just food for thought, a guy I used to work with went over to Sanitation, he has a few injuries while he was on the job . But he never told Sanitation . Somebody that didn't like him here forward his files over to sanitation/medical (I'm not sure where exactly) and long story short, he was terminated by sanitation. Yeah, people can be very vindictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.