Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 09:42 AM

193 posts, read 417,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
Lol well I hope I have a shot
You do have a shot, yours is a totally different situation than his. You basically knew you were going to have to appeal. You have what u need to win, its just a long process. . Wishing u luck

Old 07-03-2016, 12:14 PM

52 posts, read 58,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiedeee View Post
I know this is not the Bus operator forum but does anyone know anything about the process or send the link to the exam #4600 forum. Thanks
Bus Operator (TA) Exam 4600 - Transit Employment Topics and Discussions - NYC Transit Forums

According to DCAS the last person hired from exam#4600 is list # 95

Old 07-03-2016, 12:37 PM

92 posts, read 123,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnsLS View Post
Bus Operator (TA) Exam 4600 - Transit Employment Topics and Discussions - NYC Transit Forums

According to DCAS the last person hired from exam#4600 is list # 95
This is my 2nd time getting called down for the pre employment process in 3 months... i was wondering if anyone knew what the process is like. I declined the first time because of sanitation and am at a crossroad right now.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM

52 posts, read 58,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiedeee View Post
This is my 2nd time getting called down for the pre employment process in 3 months... i was wondering if anyone knew what the process is like. I declined the first time because of sanitation and am at a crossroad right now.
I don't know what the process is like, but I would go through with the motions & when sanitation calls you can always resign.. My list # with mta is in the 1600s & for sanitation in the low 2000s.. That's what I plan on doing if there's a delay with sanitation..

Old 07-03-2016, 01:31 PM

359 posts, read 466,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydsnyqnsw View Post
He's going to have a hard time wherever he ends up, you ucould see that within the first few days he posted here. Once he hears something he doesn't want to hear, he reacts like a bratty kid instead of a man. He did it when he asked for an honest opinion of if he had a reasonable shot at this job despite an almost 5,000 list #. He was told no, which was an honest answer, he reacted like a teen age girl thats been told some boy said she was fat. . Insulted the job, Insulted the integrity of those of on the job and basically gave one of those "i dont need this loser job, im richer than all of you" speeches. . Just because he heard something he didn't want to. It would be fun to see him really get on somewhere and watch the result of his attitude. . And yes, i said least desireable job about corrections because it is. . Theres no price you can put on enjoying your job and not hating going to work
Your hilarious . You think your attitude is perfectly fine . Yet bad mouth others and other positions . As for your information there are many people I personally know who go into corrections and actually enjoy their job .

Old 07-03-2016, 01:32 PM

359 posts, read 466,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
This statement is factually incorrect
Name one city job that pays you 130-150k after 5 years . Please do .

Old 07-03-2016, 02:17 PM

73 posts, read 109,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
Dude, just shut up already. Go enjoy your high paying DOC job. You don't belong here. You my friend are the definition of a troll.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:33 PM

30 posts, read 36,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
Please get your facts straight. It's actually after 5.5 years which basically means, the beginning of your 6th years to be at top pay. And the overtime cap is around 60hrs right now, so if you maxed out every month. U will reach 130,000 not 150,000. But that's an extra 60hrs a month in addition to the 160 hrs of regular time u have to work. Who wants to live like that brother?

Overtime sounds good when you're on the outside looking in, but once you're there, u going to get burn out, it's physiologically and mentally draining. But I do wish you the best, I just find it amusing how you're bloating about a job that you know nothing about, haven't even work a day, yet saying it's better than Sanitation...on a Sanitation forum..lol. I find it amusing..

Btw, I know plenty of COs that are in specialized unit with their CDL that took the DSNY exam that will leave in a heartbeat of being called. What does that say. Some food for thought

Old 07-03-2016, 02:46 PM

529 posts, read 727,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post
Please get your facts straight. It's actually after 5.5 years which basically means, the beginning of your 6th years to be at top pay. And the overtime cap is around 60hrs right now, so if you maxed out every month. U will reach 130,000 not 150,000. But that's an extra 60hrs a month in addition to the 160 hrs of regular time u have to work. Who wants to live like that brother?

Overtime sounds good when you're on the outside looking in, but once you're there, u going to get burn out, it's physiologically and mentally draining. But I do wish you the best, I just find it amusing how you're bloating about a job that you know nothing about, haven't even work a day, yet saying it's better than Sanitation...on a Sanitation forum..lol. I find it amusing..

Btw, I know plenty of COs that are in specialized unit with their CDL that took the DSNY exam that will leave in a heartbeat of being called. What does that say. Some food for thought
Yea he killed that
Attached Thumbnails
Sanitation 5001 Exam Again-image.jpeg  

Old 07-03-2016, 03:11 PM

92 posts, read 123,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnsLS View Post
I don't know what the process is like, but I would go through with the motions & when sanitation calls you can always resign.. My list # with mta is in the 1600s & for sanitation in the low 2000s.. That's what I plan on doing if there's a delay with sanitation..
Im list number 50* in sanitation but have to wait for the stupid appeal now... With bus operator im list #15*. I declined in March since they gave me 3 days to report and make a life decision. Now I have to report the 8th of July (im assuming they are desperate for workers since they sent two letters to me in 3 months)so I am probably gonna go down and start the process but just wanted to know what goes down on pre employment date and if they also teach you their own personal CDL training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.