Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 03:25 PM

712 posts, read 1,208,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question. You need proof from the months specified on the notice for the test. Make copies...do they keep it...lol. What kind of question is that lol
My fault let me correct what I was trying to say.

I do have all the statements from the months specified on the exam notice. I was living westchester for the half of the year in 2013 due to family issues. I moved to Brooklyn temporary thinking the problems I was having will be resolved, with that being said I did a change of address from westchester to Brooklyn in July of 2014. But I also filed my last 2 years of taxes in Brooklyn. That same statement I had still had my Brooklyn address.

How does DSNY Your residency. Buy the proof your submitting.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:59 PM

442 posts, read 813,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post

I do have all the statements from the months specified on the exam notice. I was living westchester for the half of the year in 2013 due to family issues. I moved to Brooklyn temporary thinking the problems I was having will be resolved, with that being said I did a change of address from westchester to Brooklyn in July of 2014. But I also filed my last 2 years of taxes in Brooklyn. That same statement I had still had my Brooklyn address.

You need proof of residency for any of the months specified in the exam notice. Not sure if a tax return will do, i would say to find another way to prove residency like a bank statement, etc.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:52 PM

327 posts, read 469,839 times
They took my state tax return as proof

Old 04-10-2016, 05:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post

You need to bring the proof....the proof you bring....is the proof. There is no secret men in black sneaking around doing investigations if that's what you mean.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:08 AM

712 posts, read 1,208,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
You need to bring the proof....the proof you bring....is the proof. There is no secret men in black sneaking around doing investigations if that's what you mean.
Thank you.. I thought it was similar when I went for NYPD.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM

73 posts, read 118,238 times
Gents,
Once you obtain a medical certificate giving clearance to get your CDL, it states you must pass a physical every two years thereafter. Do you need a new card every two years or just a standard physical to maintain the card you were originally given? - I only ask because the card doesn't have an expiration date per say. Thanks

Old 04-10-2016, 01:38 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOnaHill View Post
Gents,
Once you obtain a medical certificate giving clearance to get your CDL, it states you must pass a physical every two years thereafter. Do you need a new card every two years or just a standard physical to maintain the card you were originally given? - I only ask because the card doesn't have an expiration date per say. Thanks
Don't bother with the physical or the certificate unless you plan on working somewhere else until dsny calls. You don't need it for dsny.

For outside work there is a dmv form you get your doctor to fill out every 2 years

Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
What's the best garage to work out if if you live in westchester ornrockland ?
Bronx 12

Old 04-10-2016, 04:17 PM

733 posts, read 724,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOnaHill View Post
Gents,
If it doesn't have an expiration date they messed up the paper work .. But like awol said If you just want it for dsny dont bother if not go get it fixed because you Need to know when it expires to renew it ... Dot gets notified when your card expires and then dmv would notify you and if you get lazy on it they'll downgrade your Cdl

Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 PM

73 posts, read 118,238 times
Thank you both. I though I needed it for the permit application so I just went ahead and got it. I'm a Little too ahead of the curve, wooops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City