Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 07:58 PM

264 posts, read 504,149 times

Advertisements

Do street sweepers get paid the additional amount like people doing the pick up route?

Old 05-16-2016, 08:36 PM

173 posts, read 262,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Do street sweepers get paid the additional amount like people doing the pick up route?
No

Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,170 times
Quote:
Here we go, already looking for the easy way out. Another future broom scum on his way to being supervisor of the month. Do the guys who really want the job a favor and get a job at the MTA.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:37 PM

733 posts, read 724,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Here we go, already looking for the easy way out. Another future broom scum on his way to being supervisor of the month. Do the guys who really want the job a favor and get a job at the MTA.
Lmao !!!!

Old 05-17-2016, 02:58 AM

So I was having a convo with someone otj that got hired on 96 said that year they hired 1500 ... How they managed that ? Or he has been otj so long that he don't remember what happened back then

Old 05-17-2016, 04:32 AM

264 posts, read 504,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Yup, I want to be a sweeper, San cop or a supervisor the easier the better. What else is there? Can you make a list for me?

I'm looking for money, i could care less what the position is. Since it was said people who drive the vehicles make the extra money i was asking if that included the sweepers. That's the only other vehicle i see on the street. The question had not been asked before so maybe you should figure out what someone is about before you have S**t coming out your mouth.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Yup, I want to be a sweeper, San cop or a supervisor the easier the better. What else is there? Can you make a list for me?

I'm looking for money, i could care less what the position is. Since it was said people who drive the vehicles make the extra money i was asking if that included the sweepers. That's the only other vehicle i see on the street. The question had not been asked before so maybe you should figure out what someone is about before you have S**t coming out your mouth.
lol .. From what I leaned here the broom is tissue .. Ppl run from picking up the garbage to get into the broom sacrificing the pay ...

I also want to know if driving the fuel truck makes money, I got my hazma and I would like to drive that

Old 05-17-2016, 04:56 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,265 times
Don't worry about money spots, you won't get one for awhile... As a new guy your best bet to make money is to go to a dirty heavy junior garage and make truck a few days a week, or sign nights and go for the night diff... Dirty will abuse me till no end cause I'm not in the street but my opinion when I was in the street is that I would rather do baskets in freezing cold than do the broom, seriously, screw those sweepers... Give me a good partner and a route any day of the week... Sweepers your alone , getting harrased on the radio all day, breaks all screwed up, washing it is a pain in the ass... Just pick up garbage, it really is the best day u could have..as long as your partner is good , you won't have a bad day.... Don't even worry about the fuel truck, getting in that unit is like capturing a unicorn...so just to reiterate the only way for most San men to make extra money is to a) do household collection or recycling , which is based purely on seniority so not that easy for new guys to do, or b) work nights and collect 10 percent night differential...

Old 05-17-2016, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Don't worry about money spots, you won't get one for awhile... As a new guy your best bet to make money is to go to a dirty heavy junior garage and make truck a few days a week, or sign nights and go for the night diff... Dirty will abuse me till no end cause I'm not in the street but my opinion when I was in the street is that I would rather do baskets in freezing cold than do the broom, seriously, screw those sweepers... Give me a good partner and a route any day of the week... Sweepers your alone , getting harrased on the radio all day, breaks all screwed up, washing it is a pain in the ass... Just pick up garbage, it really is the best day u could have..as long as your partner is good , you won't have a bad day.... Don't even worry about the fuel truck, getting in that unit is like capturing a unicorn...so just to reiterate the only way for most San men to make extra money is to a) do household collection or recycling , which is based purely on seniority so not that easy for new guys to do, or b) work nights and collect 10 percent night differential...
So as a junior guy what they going to make me do then ? .. You said make truck a few days a week .. What about the rest of the week

Old 05-17-2016, 05:20 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
So as a junior guy what they going to make me do then ? .. You said make truck a few days a week .. What about the rest of the week
Everyone lands in a diff spot, some guys will get assigned to a broom depot, some guys to the Bronx, some to Manhattan etc... And every garage is different, they have diff seniority, diff amounts of routes, night functions etc... For the most part as a junior guy you bounce around shifts... Some days you'll be days collecting garbage, some shifts will be days doing cleaning (basket routes, mlp, etc.)z... Sometimes you'll be days in the garage (changing flats, garage work, washing trucks, dispensing fuel etc.) , you'll go nights and do cleaning, sometimes relays (driving loaded trucks to the dump to empty them).. You'll bounce to different garages for the day... There's a whole bunch of tasks you can do as a San man, as a junior guy your gonna get what everyone else doesn't want to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City