Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 05:29 AM

733 posts, read 724,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Everyone lands in a diff spot, some guys will get assigned to a broom depot, some guys to the Bronx, some to Manhattan etc... And every garage is different, they have diff seniority, diff amounts of routes, night functions etc... For the most part as a junior guy you bounce around shifts... Some days you'll be days collecting garbage, some shifts will be days doing cleaning (basket routes, mlp, etc.)z... Sometimes you'll be days in the garage (changing flats, garage work, washing trucks, dispensing fuel etc.) , you'll go nights and do cleaning, sometimes relays (driving loaded trucks to the dump to empty them).. You'll bounce to different garages for the day... There's a whole bunch of tasks you can do as a San man, as a junior guy your gonna get what everyone else doesn't want to do!
Gotcha !! Good in a way like that I get to taste every single candy

Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 AM

529 posts, read 727,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Yup, I want to be a sweeper, San cop or a supervisor the easier the better. What else is there? Can you make a list for me?

I'm looking for money, i could care less what the position is. Since it was said people who drive the vehicles make the extra money i was asking if that included the sweepers. That's the only other vehicle i see on the street. The question had not been asked before so maybe you should figure out what someone is about before you have S**t coming out your mouth.
Just a warning you are gonna get cursed out for at least half a page once this is read

Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Just a warning you are gonna get cursed out for at least half a page once this is read
Dub we need to learn how to catch unicorns

Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 AM

5 posts, read 4,504 times
Is this job based on senority and also hooks like other agencies? Or does senority win it all? Because I seen rookies catching unicorns and finding pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in my department ( meaning I seen new guys with 2 years on get sweet gig or transfer to specialized unit and command because of who their friends/family are, it's a little disencouraging for more seniors guys to see)

Old 05-17-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
Dub we need to learn how to catch unicorns
I have 4 unicorns in my barn but I'm gonna leave them alone unless I really need them.

But one of my unicorns did tell me that when certain other unicorns find out I play sports then those unicorns will magically take me to the magic kingdom and utilize my powers.....

Old 05-17-2016, 06:01 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMoney View Post
Is this job based on senority and also hooks like other agencies? Or does senority win it all? Because I seen rookies catching unicorns and finding pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in my department ( meaning I seen new guys with 2 years on get sweet gig or transfer to specialized unit and command because of who their friends/family are, it's a little disencouraging for more seniors guys to see)
Some units are non transferable, those spots are hand picked ... Transferable spots, seniority rules.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
I have 4 unicorns in my barn but I'm gonna leave them alone unless I really need them.

But one of my unicorns did tell me that when certain other unicorns find out I play sports then those unicorns will magically take me to the magic kingdom and utilize my powers.....
You need to sell me a unicorn ... Sports hmmmm hockey ? Soccer ?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:42 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,986 times
Sw transfers are open

Old 05-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
You need to sell me a unicorn ... Sports hmmmm hockey ? Soccer ?
Nah these are Thorobreds. Can't sell them... I did hear they have badminton and cricket. Not sure tho

Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 AM

88 posts, read 108,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMoney View Post
In the 9**
Sorry guys just had to get a little reiteration, was gone for like two days and just got back to the forum, but I read that forum member BloodMoney got a preorientation coming up but says his list number is in the 900's. I was surprised because last I heard hr said they were stopping at 855 this year. Just curious if anyone else on this forum with a list number over 855 received a letter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City