Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 07:04 AM

80 posts, read 103,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagethired View Post
Does anyone have access to, or know where to obtain a copy of our contract (831).. ?
The new contract book has not come out yet.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Tech 1 View Post
The new contract book has not come out yet.

Yeah I don't think the new one is up and running. The regular city websites like seethroughny will usually have all city contracts paired up because it's the law and they still have the old one

Old 11-23-2015, 03:56 AM

182 posts, read 290,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Yeah I don't think the new one is up and running. The regular city websites like seethroughny will usually have all city contracts paired up because it's the law and they still have the old one
Good to know, thanks!

Old 11-23-2015, 12:57 PM

118 posts, read 158,713 times
Let's see if any of you DSNY scholars have a better answer for this question ..

I have a broom tissue ..I made my chart on a Wednesday and I was put in as surplus. 6 to 2. . We have no broom routes on wednesdsy in my district. There were 10 out of towners there .. they put up a broom 6 to 2 .. should I have made the truck considering that I have the out of towners beat and been able to force one of them on the broom . I thought because it was a supplemental broom it didn't count as the tissue. But everyone seems to have a different answer

I'm sure there are gonna be differing opinions on this one.. have at it

Old 11-23-2015, 01:27 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,806 times
Quote:

I have a broom tissue ..I made my chart on a Wednesday and I was put in as surplus. 6 to 2. . We have no broom routes on wednesdsy in my district. There were 10 out of towners there .. they put up a broom 6 to 2 .. should I have made the truck considering that I have the out of towners beat and been able to force one of them on the broom . I thought because it was a supplemental broom it didn't count as the tissue. But everyone seems to have a different answer

In my garage, and my own answer is you make money over the out of towners. No question, butttt you know how it goes, every place is different. This is why you go where sanmen run the show, not a c*cksucker place like many out there.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:49 PM

118 posts, read 158,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
In my garage, and my own answer is you make money over the out of towners. No question, butttt you know how it goes, every place is different. This is why you go where sanmen run the show, not a c*cksucker place like many out there.
I totally understand that .. but my shop stewards are the ones who did it .. what I want to know is what is the union rule. Is it a tissue spot even though it's a supplemental broom .. not a route .. on the 6 to 2 which is not a tissue spot.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post

what does san man running a show have to do with anything? you think a supervisor cared and put him on it lol

Old 11-23-2015, 03:32 PM

173 posts, read 262,970 times
Quote:

The reason u stay days is because of your tissue..but if out of towners were on the board you should have definatly made money first..being that wednesday is no alt side in your district and no brooms were scheduled to go out..and even if you were supposed to be forced on the broom ur shop steward should have looked out..tissue guys always make money over out of towner

Old 11-23-2015, 03:48 PM

137 posts, read 255,114 times
Quote:
what does san man running a show have to do with anything? you think a supervisor cared and put him on it lol
Exactly.
Chances are 831 won't care either as long as A sanman makes his due money.

wannagethired---I would think a tissue holder has to man the MB whether it's regularly scheduled or surplus.
But call your business agent to get the answer to your question.

Regardless, I think your steward should've put you on the truck, but that's between you, your stewards and your fellow sanmen.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:59 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,806 times
Quote:
Wasn't talking about 444. You don't know the definition of real sanmen then do you? How many garages are full of jerkoff stewards that don't look out for they're own. Actually you were a FBF guy and a desk jockey so I forgot you don't know what a real sanmen is . Carry on AWOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City