Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,266,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Whitlock..please site your source that Rookie Cops enlisted in the Operation Impact initiative are at "extremely high risk of getting killed." The fact is it is the extremely rare case for ANY cop to even discharge a weapon, let alone die. I am looking forward to the source for your assertion, as I suspect it is simply "what you think."

What I am "worried" about is the usual misinformation spread on these forums, and people who actually believe such nonsense.
Im now too drunk provieve anything. later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Whitlock..please site your source that Rookie Cops enlisted in the Operation Impact initiative are at "extremely high risk of getting killed." The fact is it is the extremely rare case for ANY cop to even discharge a weapon, let alone die. I am looking forward to the source for your assertion, as I suspect it is simply "what you think."

What I am "worried" about is the usual misinformation spread on these forums, and people who actually believe such nonsense.
Yeah,yeah everythiig is allright.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:

chill.I agree wit you.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,399,110 times
If you agreed with me this site would be boring..so try not to agree with me too often!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Its just common sense. Who would be the first to die? If no rookie cops on foot patrol? Youre right its extremely rare. But the fact is cops get killed, and once again commmon sense you would imagine that the rookies are the first ones to go.

Sooner or later a cop will die, is it gunna be a senior cop from Forest Hills or a rookie from Bronx/Brooklyn? Who face people on drug on a daily bases.

I dont have the answer of how to improve inner-city areas. But displacement aint a option. But Im also so tired of hangin out in front of the bodega at 3 a.m.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-28-2011 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
If you agreed with me this site would be boring..so try not to agree with me too often!
Sobro I agree.

South Bronx or "Southern Bronx" has improved very much from the"Dark Days" atleast visually, but I hope we shall not forget about the "deep rooted" problems and poverty that still exict in the area. (Exict wrong typed, sorry.)

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-28-2011 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM

Most of the photos in the link was from Mitchell Houses. Killbrook Houses are much worse as Bronxguyanese pointed out.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,086,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Most of the photos in the link was from Mitchell Houses. Killbrook Houses are much worse as Bronxguyanese pointed out.
I know those roofs very well. Yes millbrook is the worst out of the other three. A couple of weeks ago a girl got shot in the head at those pjs. The girl is on life support, she will suffer a similar fate like arizona congress women giffords. To bad the the photographer did not shoot photos in the winter when cops smoke and chill out in the lobby to stay warm during the night in the very same spots thugs and drug dealers do during day time.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I know those roofs very well. Yes millbrook is the worst out of the other three. A couple of weeks ago a girl got shot in the head at those pjs. The girl is on life support, she will suffer a similar fate like arizona congress women giffords. To bad the the photographer did not shoot photos in the winter when cops smoke and chill out in the lobby to stay warm during the night in the very same spots thugs and drug dealers do during day time.
True´These areas so fukin dangerous.

cops chill
and smoke weed wintetime. once got stopped by police, and the officer was high as hell.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-29-2011 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,399,110 times
The projects are still not ready for primetime, I think we can all agree with that. However they are better than they have been in the past 20 years...so improvements are being made.

Yes there are cops that do the wrong thing (like those "Rape Cops"), but I like to believe the majority are at least trying to do the right thing. And the recent flood of cops in the Mott Haven area has been impressive...they are everywhere now, in areas they should have been a long time ago. What took them so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City