Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM

186 posts, read 1,119,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
speaking of a 'non english speaker'...
lol the **** was so that it doesnt get censored and the non english speaker....i dont know i messed up but see im an immigrant and thats why i was wondering how you guys feel, cuz when i moved here i got those kind of looks but i dont anymore i used to wear a suit with an overcoat and a capone hat and just walk real fast looking downwards so i avoid ppl lookin at me but i guess that got me more looks lol

Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,557,343 times
Japanese tourists on the the train, not a good mix. They all congregate on one side of the car, exit to exit.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:55 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,963,721 times
you know what gets me...when tourists (and sometimes hs kids do this) take up the whole sidewalk; like they have 5-6 people standing beside one another and take up the whole sidewalk so everyone is trying to walk around them since they're walking ridiculously slow.

I can always spot a tourist, it's funny lol

Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
you know what gets me...when tourists (and sometimes hs kids do this) take up the whole sidewalk; like they have 5-6 people standing beside one another and take up the whole sidewalk so everyone is trying to walk around them since they're walking ridiculously slow.

I can always spot a tourist, it's funny lol
yeah but i dont mind kids doin that unless you tell them and they keep doing it still cuz kids will be kids and that applies to old ppl too i guess but like grown men and women conversing on the sidewalk i mean isnt that why they have cafes?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,963,721 times
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but I also cannot stand how tourists just go ahead and have conversations with one another while standing in the middle of the sidewalk. I know they may be in deep conversation and not realize what they're doing is annoying, but they must be pretty oblivious to people grunting at them and giving them dirty looks as they walk around them. I know if I'm talking to someone about something important and we need to stop, I pull that person to the side of the sidewalk so we can talk lol

Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 PM

9 posts, read 121,705 times
ok seriously.... all u New Yorkers are so proud of living here and being from here but then when someone outside of NY comes to appreciate and admire what you all brag about you say all this stupid sh*t!!! I am originally from Detroit and I just moved to NY and I can't say this is my home but damn what they say about you obnoxious people being rude and stuck up as hell is sooo true. Either get over yourselves and your city or keep your mouths shut the next time a tourist stops in the middle of the sidewalk to snap pics. How annoying!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 PM

435 posts, read 1,521,682 times
/\ Don't judge NYers by this message board. The internet attracts usually the worst undercrowd. Every other thread is a hate-fest on whatever demogrpahic. I wish all of you would just move out already if everything is so ****ty.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 PM

1,526 posts, read 5,606,225 times
Once in awhile some non English speaking tourists chattering away loudly in their native tongue and clogging the works bothers me because they are so oblivious, but the original remark about people who stop on the subway stairs to get better cell phone reception seems like a classic NY'er move to me. That sense of entitlement and all. NY'ers can be ostentatious, loud and obnnoxious too. Other than that, in general I'm kinda proud that so many people come here. Most tourists I see on the subway are pretty subdued.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,804,035 times
It's not just the tourist, a lot of New Yorkers are just strait up idiots these days.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaprinceza View Post
ok seriously.... all u New Yorkers are so proud of living here and being from here but then when someone outside of NY comes to appreciate and admire what you all brag about you say all this stupid sh*t!!! I am originally from Detroit and I just moved to NY and I can't say this is my home but damn what they say about you obnoxious people being rude and stuck up as hell is sooo true. Either get over yourselves and your city or keep your mouths shut the next time a tourist stops in the middle of the sidewalk to snap pics. How annoying!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
It's not just the tourist, a lot of New Yorkers are just strait up idiots these days.
yeah you guys are ******s talking about this and that **** tourists are gay when most of YOU are the problem hustla and bellaprinceza are absolutely correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City