Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2023, 10:28 PM

111 posts, read 71,620 times

Advertisements

Wow! That apartment is stunning! Generous size, breathtaking views and great appliances! Some landlords choose the smallest, inferior units with cheaper appliances etc for lottery units! This developer was fair!

.Happy for you and the others. What a win!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 06:23 AM

18 posts, read 20,402 times
Amazing building! What do you think are my odds at 130% AMI log 4xxx with CB preference? Seeking a 2 bedroom...

Old 08-26-2023, 09:10 AM

72 posts, read 50,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl2000 View Post
Yes I added some income explanation in advance my only concern is a unit still being available if I’m approved there aren’t many studios or 1bd so I’m not sure how that works. Also, do they work Saturdays? I was told to email my documents in 5 days that’s a weekend I called today around 5pm no answer I emailed everything though
No, they only work on normal business days. I believe they are supposed to say “within 5 business days” but I think it’s best not to leave it to chance. I missed out on another building because I submitted documents on the last day. Apparently the last day of the deadline means you’re already late.

Don’t worry too much about running out of units, if we’re in line by number, (and it seems based on the application submittal that we are) they’re not able to jump over us in line and sell out of the rest of the units. We would have to be rejected for someone else to get the units. Even if you appeal they still can’t rent the unit to the next person in line until they’ve either accepted or reject your application/appeal. Huge caveat, some marketing agents/buildings don’t do the process in the same order, so they may have prepared our applications to send in case people ahead of us fall through. In that case, if they are eligible we already didn’t have a chance. But judging by how early it is from the lottery closing, I feel like there’s a chance we’re somewhere near the top of the line.

I will say, though, I think they’re either already out of 1 bedrooms or they’re not finished yet and you might have to go on a waitlist for at least the 1 bed. my marketing agent was unsure, which is weird, so I don’t know how that’s going to work.

Last edited by Fortgreente; 08-26-2023 at 09:18 AM..

Old 08-26-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah1228 View Post
Amazing building! What do you think are my odds at 130% AMI log 4xxx with CB preference? Seeking a 2 bedroom...
I’m no expert, but I’ve seen some people say 130% ami are kind of less desirable, so that income bracket has a smaller pool of people, but that’s totally anecdotal. New York is a big city, so even a small pool is competitive. It’s not unheard of for people with logs in the 55xx to get units in the first round of applicants processed so don’t lose hope!

Old 08-28-2023, 08:27 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
24x

Old 08-28-2023, 10:17 AM

Did anyone get confirmation if your TIC was submitted to HDP, yet? The earliest mine could have been submitted was Wednesday/Thursday. Management seems not very communicative with me, so I don’t know if they’re waiting to submit or if it’s in already. I guess I just have to sit tight, but this stage of the process is a real nail-biter.

Old 08-28-2023, 02:57 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortgreente View Post
Did anyone get confirmation if your TIC was submitted to HDP, yet? The earliest mine could have been submitted was Wednesday/Thursday. Management seems not very communicative with me, so I don’t know if they’re waiting to submit or if it’s in already. I guess I just have to sit tight, but this stage of the process is a real nail-biter.
Usually when the TIC package is sent over, it shows as an uploaded document by an admin in the documents section for the particular building, did you check there? You status on HC should then say "under review" and when HPD approves it changes to "review complete". Good luck!

Old 08-28-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Usually when the TIC package is sent over, it shows as an uploaded document by an admin in the documents section for the particular building, did you check there? You status on HC should then say "under review" and when HPD approves it changes to "review complete". Good luck!
I called the marketing agent and she said she was going to submit my TIC to HPD for final review today(it shows as uploaded to NYCHC at 3pm). I confirmed that they did have available units for my log number and that I was likely to get my preference. I guess at this stage the early bird gets the worm!

Thanks everyone for sharing helpful info. Fingers crossed HPD works through everyone’s applications quickly. Good luck everyone!

Old 08-28-2023, 04:45 PM

38 posts, read 25,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortgreente View Post
I called the marketing agent and she said she was going to submit my TIC to HPD for final review today(it shows as uploaded to NYCHC at 3pm). I confirmed that they did have available units for my log number and that I was likely to get my preference. I guess at this stage the early bird gets the worm!

Thanks everyone for sharing helpful info. Fingers crossed HPD works through everyone’s applications quickly. Good luck everyone!
Hello what’s a TIC? I didn’t hear a word from my marketing agent today will call tomorrow.

Old 08-28-2023, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl2000 View Post
Hello what’s a TIC? I didn’t hear a word from my marketing agent today will call tomorrow.
The tenant income certification. It’s the packet that is offered to you to sign as the last step before your application is officially reviewed and confirmed by the housing agency that oversees the lottery. It’s basically the last step before you’re offered a lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery