Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2022, 09:13 AM

147 posts, read 166,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbarriogirl View Post
Thanks 531PCV

We'll be moving into the 14th st. Loop facing the oval. Our offer was around $1900 w/o ac.
wow. perfect. i would wait until you see the actual apartment to address the Microwave. As you noted maybe some apartments have an others don't with respect to the lottery apartments.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 09:52 AM

28 posts, read 29,165 times
Yaya, windows will have the shades on since they are custom windows.

Old 08-22-2022, 04:21 PM

81 posts, read 89,805 times
Hi All - Does anyone have any recollection of the last 1bdroom and log number? I am 16xx and wanting to compare how far I am! Thanks!

Old 08-22-2022, 05:31 PM

147 posts, read 166,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapas View Post
Hi All - Does anyone have any recollection of the last 1bdroom and log number? I am 16xx and wanting to compare how far I am! Thanks!
you are very close. the last number that i recall was 15xx. but depending your actual number and the one last filled, you could be up to 200 spots to your number.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:14 AM

76 posts, read 121,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbarriogirl View Post
Thanks MacNYC2003.

Merp! Yes that's what I meant, exhaust fan. This no micro is fascinating. there's barely counter space in the kitchen for one. I wonder how ppl do it.
Thanks for the info. I went back in the thread and saw some have micros and others don't. Perhaps according to the price range you qualify for...?
I just moved in and the exhaustion is unreal but I am super happy! No microwave here and I am in PCV so I think I have even less counter space as one side of the kitchen ha no counter space for now.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:16 AM

16 posts, read 16,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
I just moved in and the exhaustion is unreal but I am super happy! No microwave here and I am in PCV so I think I have even less counter space as one side of the kitchen ha no counter space for now.
Hi Familo0609,

Congrats on the move! By the way when you signed the lease does it say that there will be increases annually?Or is it only for those Oct leases? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2022, 07:18 AM

28 posts, read 29,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
Good morning Family0609, the kitchen space for PCV is much larger than the Stuytown, which is more of a galley kitchen compared to the triangle-like in Stuytown. Wish you the best! I am still waiting patiently for my offer, two weeks from the final approval!

Old 08-23-2022, 07:22 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhaia View Post
Hi Familo0609,

Congrats on the move! By the way when you signed the lease does it say that there will be increases annually?Or is it only for those Oct leases? Thanks!
Your rent will increase annually according to the percentage decided on by the rent stabilization board. The only exceptions would be if you sign a two-year lease or if the rent-stabilized increase is zero percent.

Also, if the landlord decides to do a major capital improvement, that will add a percentage to your rent for 30 years. Past MCIs have included new windows, wiring (we could opt in or out on that one), new elevators, new roof systems, new concrete walkways, etc. I believe that new plumbing is in our future, and that will be a biggie.

All of the above information pertains to all rent-stabilized apartments, not unique to Stuy Town/PCV.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:30 AM

118 posts, read 126,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhaia View Post
Hi Familo0609,

What do you mean by the Oct leases? For us who have an October lease and who are part of the lottery, we have the same deal, we just unfortunately had a higher increase, as an example, when my offer was 1st presented to me, it was $1800 for 2 year lease… but immediately after, I was informed that it would actually be $1840 for the 2 years due to the “new increase”. Other than that, the terms of our agreement is the same as everyone else.

@ Family… félicitations pour le déménagement et beaucoup de bonheur dans votre apt. Merci pour votre réponse en MP

Lastly I am crossing my fingers for people waiting for a 1 bedroom offer, may this week be the week where offers start coming.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:39 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
Yes, as yaya says, the new increase went into effect Oct. 1. So if your lease begins before that date, you wouldn't get the increase until next year. But people who sign after Oct. 1 get the increase, which is 3.25% for a one-year lease and 5% for a two-year.

This goes for all rent-stabilized tenants all over the city who sign leases or lease renewals after Oct. 1. For example, my lease is up Oct. 30, and I will pay that increase. If someone renews in November, December, January, etc., their rent will go up by those amounts.

Because of inflation and various other factors, such as Mayor Eric Adams, the increase is higher this year than it's been in a long time. People are always grumbling about de Blasio, but he kept the increases down. (The mayor appoints all the members of the rent-stabilization board.)

Last edited by macnyc2003; 08-23-2022 at 07:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery