Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 11:12 AM

15 posts, read 7,072 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas everyone! Wow lizahazel49 where do you get all this information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 11:23 AM

64 posts, read 58,251 times
Hey sisters i got this information from the BIS. Building information system. Its public knowledge and does hurt that i work at 311. And im on top of this, soon as he get the TCO i will be waiting for a call . Im done paying this high rent.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizahazel49 View Post
Hey sisters i got this information from the BIS. Building information system. Its public knowledge and does hurt that i work at 311. And im on top of this, soon as he get the TCO i will be waiting for a call . Im done paying this high rent.
You're right I saw that too. There's a lot of requirements that still need to be signed off/inspected, hopefully we do get that call next week. Moving in and starting fresh in a new year at the beginning of the year brings positivity and good luck. We are almost there. Good luck everyone

Old 12-28-2019, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 516 times
I had to create an account just to post this, I see there's a few of you on here are doing good research & realized no one has spoken about where their files are sent off to. I found out from an insider that they are using spectrumlihtc.com to review perspective tenants files. It's not to HPD or "the city". Literally everythign is on there about how they check if you qualify.

Old 12-28-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuly.R View Post
I had to create an account just to post this, I see there's a few of you on here are doing good research & realized no one has spoken about where their files are sent off to. I found out from an insider that they are using spectrumlihtc.com to review perspective tenants files. It's not to HPD or "the city". Literally everythign is on there about how they check if you qualify.
I've never clicked on an email faster than this. I was searching and ran into that site tooo. I was just confused since that company is for low income housing tax credit but on the application flyer thing it said the building was financed by New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) and the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA), I didn't know it was LIHTC.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:34 PM

89 posts, read 84,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiko07 View Post
I've never clicked on an email faster than this. I was searching and ran into that site tooo. I was just confused since that company is for low income housing tax credit but on the application flyer thing it said the building was financed by New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) and the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA), I didn't know it was LIHTC.
I too realized that it wasn't through hpd or hdc when I called about a month ago and they told me they don't have that address in their system and it would be HCR. Nevertheless thanks for the info!

Old 12-28-2019, 06:36 PM

89 posts, read 84,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuly.R View Post
Did you apply to these apartments?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:44 AM

64 posts, read 58,251 times
Wow, ok im a little confused. Is LIHTC a bad thing? We were aware of the low rent? Its what $1148 for 2 bedroom. So im confused on hpd, hud or hcr? Its low rent. Im paying 2600 for my apartment now. I don't understand is it bad thing.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbeatz View Post
I too realized that it wasn't through hpd or hdc when I called about a month ago and they told me they don't have that address in their system and it would be HCR. Nevertheless thanks for the info!
I thought it was one of those departments as well. I've been researching so hard I have heard back in over a month. Just getting anxious now.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizahazel49 View Post
Wow, ok im a little confused. Is LIHTC a bad thing? We were aware of the low rent? Its what $1148 for 2 bedroom. So im confused on hpd, hud or hcr? Its low rent. Im paying 2600 for my apartment now. I don't understand is it bad thing.
Absolutely nothing wrong with LIHTC. With my specific situation I would've been in a better state if it were HPD, HUD or HCR. LIHTC is funded by the IRS they are more finicky about certain things. Besides it just nerve wrecking the fact that we haven't received a clear yes or no yet.

Nonetheless I've been doing my research and you now have me hooked on DOB BIS. I see they failed inspection today due to certain things needed on the 1st flr. But supposedly they can still get a tco since the plumbing is fine and that's what is mainly needed along with a few sign offs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: